MH CET Law 2020 – CAP Registration process for both LLB 3 years and LLB 5 years courses has been started online at cetcelladmissions.mahait.org. Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell conducts MH CET Law entrance exams for the admission into LLB course – 3 years and 5 years. The entrance exam for LLB 5 years has already been conducted. MAH LLB 3 year entrance exam is a computer-based exam and consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Check more details about MH CET Law 2020 from this page such as admit card, exam pattern, result etc.
For MH CET Law 2021 – Click here
Latest: CAP Registration process for both LLB 3 years and LLB 5 years courses has been extended now. Click here to access the link.
MH CET Law 2020
MH CET law 2020 is conducted in online mode across various centers across Maharashtra and at selected exam centers outside the state. For, LLB 5 years and LLB 3 years, the dates are different, you can check all the dates from the table below.
|MH CET 2020 Law||LLB 5 Yrs||LLB 3 Yrs|
|Online application Process starts|
|Last date to submit MH CET Law application form|
|Availability of MH CET Law 2020 admit card|
|MH CET Law 2020 Exam date|
|Declaration of MH CET Law 2020 result|
27 Nov 2020
02 Dec 2020
|Date for commencement of CAP process|
MH CET Law 2020 CAP Revised Schedule Notice
MH CET Law 2020 CAP
Only those candidates who secure qualifying non-Zero Score in CET 2020 are eligible to participate in the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). To participate in MH LLB CET CAP, candidates need to register first at the admission portal. Next, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of the necessary documents in proof of their eligibility criteria, domicile, reservation, etc. After this, the eligible candidates will have to report at the Admission Reporting Center for document verification and need to produce all original documents in support of the claim made in the application form.
After the document verification process, the conducting body releases a merit list and seat matrix for the candidates for choice. Based on the preference submitted by the candidate, they are allotted a seat. if a candidate accepts the allotted seat, he/she need to report to the allotted Institute for completion of other admission formalities.
MH CET Law 2020 Result
The result of MH Law CET 2020 for LLB 5 year and 3-year course has released online in the pdf format. It consists of details like the candidate’s name, roll number, marks obtained out of 150. After the release of the result, the conducting body also releases the scorecard for the candidates online at State CET cell official website. To download the score, candidates require their registration number and roll number. Qualifiers in the entrance exam are then finally eligible to participate in the Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
MH CET Law 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidates can now download their MH CET Law 2020 admit card in the online at mahacet.org. There is no other mode available to get the admit card.
How to download MHT CET law 2020 hall ticket: To download MH CET Law admit card, candidates require to log in using their registration number / roll number and password / date of birth.
How to carry admit card on the exam day: After downloading the admit card, take its print out. Candidates need to affix recent recognizable photograph on the space provided on it, preferably the same provided during registration. With the admit card carry photo Identity proof in original at the exam center. A valid Id proof can be anyone the following:
- PAN Card
- Pass port
- Permanent Driving License
- Voters Card
- Bank Pass Book with photograph
- Photo- identity proof issued by the Gazetted officer
On the day of the exam carry these:
a) Hall ticket with affixed Photo and valid photo ID card in original
b) Original proof for change in name if any
c) One ball point pen
MH CET Law 2020 Exam Date Notice
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has been released the MH CET Law 2020 exam dates. Check the notice given below.
Click here to download the above Notice.
MH CET Law 2020 Application Form
The application form for MH CET Law 2020 has been released online. No offline form is available for the candidates. In the online application form, candidates need to fill in their basic information, educational details, upload images, etc. Follow the instructions below to apply for MAH Law CET 2020.
Step 1: Click on the direct link on this page to register for the exam.
Step 2: Next, you need to register and enter your name, email id and mobile number. After registration process is done, a registration number and password is sent to the candidates.
Step 3: After this, they need to fill in details in MH CET Law 2020 application form, and upload images as per the specification.
Step 4: Next, pay the required amount of the application fee and finally downloaded the completed form.
MH CET Law application fee – Candidates need to pay the following amount of application fee for MH CET Law 2020.
EWS candidates from Maharashtra state and all India
J&K Migrant Candidates
|SC, ST, VJ / DT- NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2 (C), NT-3 (D), OBC, SBC & SEBC|
of Maharashtra State only
Mode of payment: The application fee is payable by online mode only using debit card (RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro), credit card, internet banking, IMPS, cash cards / mobile wallet.
MH CET Law 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Those who wish to apply for the entrance exam must ensure they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Check MH CET law 2020 eligibility below.
Eligibility for MH Law CET 5-year LLB:
Nationality: Indians from and outside the state of Maharashtra can apply. NRI and foreign student / OCI / PIO can also apply.
However, foreign student or OCI or PIO candidates are exempted from CET. They need not apply for CET. They can directly register for CAP after the completion of CET.
Educational Qualifications: 10+2 passed / appearing
Minimum marks in qualifying exam:
- 45% marks in aggregate for Open, SEBC and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Category candidates and all India candidates.
- 40% marks in aggregate for candidate belonging to SC and ST category from Maharashtra state.
- 42% marks in aggregate for VJNT, SBC, OBC, Category belonging to state of Maharashtra.
Note: Aggregate marks mean the total of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exam. If the total marks in qualifying exam is awarded based on the best of 5 subject marks, the candidate can fill in those marks.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply for Maharashtra LLB 5 yeara and LLB 3 year programme.
Note: The age limit is subjected to change as per the verdict of Hon. Supreme Court of India. Check the notice in this regard available on page no. 11 of MHT CET law 2020 brochure below.
Who are not eligible to apply for MH CET 5 yr LLB?
Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open University directly without having any basic qualification (Standard X) and those who have obtained 10th Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a single sitting examination without having basic qualification (1st to 9th Standard of Schooling) are not eligible for admission.
State domicile requirements: Only the below type of candidates are called domicile of Maharashtra
Type A: A candidate who is domicile of Maharashtra or born in Maharashtra (Candidate should have a Birth Certificate / domicile certificate) in this case.
Type B: Father or Mother of the candidate is domiciled in Maharashtra (Either father or Mother must have certificate from the state of Maharashtra).
Type C: Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in the Maharashtra State. However, candidates must complete SSC & HSC from Maharashtra.
Type D: Father or Mother of the candidate is an employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking. However, candidates must complete SSC & HSC from Maharashtra.
Type E: The candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognized institution from a disputed Maharashtra – Karnataka Border area and whose mother tongue is Marathi.
You can check this PDF for understanding candidature type – Download
Eligibility for MH Law CET 3-year LLB:
- Candidates should have a graduate or a post graduate degree in any discipline from any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence.
- Those who have passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2/3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from the university after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and/or 10+2+3+2/3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary (SSC) and Higher Secondary (HSC) schooling are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed Class 10th (SSC) +2 (HSC) education following Regular Mode can apply for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode/Open or Distance Mode.
Who are not eligible to apply for MH CET Law 3 yr LLB?
Post Graduate diploma shall not be considered as Post Graduate Degree, and hence such candidates shall not be allowed to apply for the test. candidate from the Open University having a degree contrary to act and regulations of UGC also cannot apply.
Maharashtra State Candidature
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria following candidature types:
- Maharashtra State candidature:
- (Type A) A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra, or
- (Type B) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is Domiciled in the State of Maharashtra, or
- (Type C) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submitting the Application Form for CAP, or
- (Type D) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an Employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking, or
- (Type E) The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognized institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- All India Candidature: The Candidates having Indian Nationality and having completed SSC and HSC examination from Outside Maharashtra State belonging to all Categories are eligible under this Category.
- Minority Candidature: The Candidate who has completed his/her SSC and HSC from the State of Maharashtra and is domiciled in the State Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category. The Candidate will have to record his Minority Type in the CAP Application form to avail this facility.
MH CET Law 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates who aspire to take up law as a career choice should be prepared right from the start. To take up law as a subject in higher studies in the state of Maharashtra, you need to qualify the MH CET Law 2020 Examination and get into best law colleges in the state. Here is the examination pattern for the examination:
MH CET Law exam pattern for LLB 5 Yrs and LLB 3 years
- Mode of Exam: It is conducted in the online mode.
- Number of papers: 1 paper with 5 sections
- Type of Questions: There are objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Total Number of Questions: There shall be a total of 150 number of questions.
- Time Duration: The duration of the exam shall be 02 Hours
- Language of the question paper: The questions shall be asked in the English and Marathi language.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, you get 01 marks and for an incorrect answer, no marks are deducted.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for MH CET Law LLB 5-yrs from the table below.
|Name of the subject / section||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Check the distribution of questions in MH CET LLB 3 yr from the table below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
MH CET Law 2020 Syllabus
The State CET Cell releases the syllabus for the entrance exam online at its official website. It consists of important topics that a candidate should study in the entrance exam. Check the complete syllabus for MH CET Law entrance exam below.
Syllabus for MH CET LLB 5 yr
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Mathematical Aptitude
Syllabus for MH CET LLB 3 yr
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Best Books for MH CET Law 2020
In the table below, we have listed down some books which a candidate can use to prepare for the entrance exam.
|Name of the Book||Link to buy book|
|MH-CET LAW for 3 Years LLB Course 2020||Buy Here|
|Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Examination 2020||Buy Here|
|MH-CET Law Examination 2018 Booster Test Series: 10 Mock Tests||Buy Here|
|Maharashtra CLET 2020 for 5 Years Course||Buy Here|
MH CET Law 2020 Reservation Policy
The reservation of seats for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria specified by respective authorities. As per last year’s information, candidates can check the previous year’s reservation policy for backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State only from the table below.
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|SC and SC converted to Buddhism||13%|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ)/ De Notified Tribes (DT)|
|Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2,5%|
|Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5%|
|Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||02%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Sons/daughters of Defence Service Personnel||05%|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||05%|
Colleges Accepting MH CET Law 2020 Score
Candidates are offered admission in the following institutes, offering LL.B. 5 Yrs and LL.B. 3 Yrs. Integrated Course, will be done by the Competent Authority, based on MH CET Law scores.
- Government College
- All Government Aided Colleges (including Aided Minority Institutions)
- All University Departments
- All University Managed Institutes
- All Un-aided colleges (including Minority Institutions)
About State CET Cell
The State Common Entrance Test Cell was established by the Government of Maharashtra under Admission Regulating Authority (ARA). It is headed by an officer working under the control of the Admissions Regulating Authority, not below the rank of the Joint Secretary, who is nominated as the Commissioner of State CET. The Commissioner is assisted by officers of the rank of Joint Director of the State Government, in the fields of the Medical, Technical, Agriculture, Higher Education, etc.
Notice for MH CET Law 2020 Exam Schedule
MH CET LAW 2020 Information Brochure
For more information about MH CET Law 2020 Exam candidates can download the information brochure provided below.
CAP information brochure
MH CET Law 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The questions shall be asked in the English and Marathi language.
Ans : No, the entrance is going to be conducted in computer-based mode only.
Ans : No, Bachelor's degree in any discipline will work out.
Ans : The official website is mahacet.org
Official Website: mahacet.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.