MAH CET Law 2020 Counselling – The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, conducts the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for admission in LLB 3 years and LLB 5 years integrated programme. The CAP registration process is started online for both LLB 5 years and LLB 3 years admission. The official website of CAP registration for both LLB 5 years and LLB 3 years is cetcelladmissions.mahait.org. The candidates who satisfy all eligibility criteria and have a non zero score in Maharashtra law CET 2020 can register for MAH CET law 2020 counselling. For more details, read below.
For MH CET Law 2021 – Click here
– State CET Cell, Maharashtra has released the Final Merit list for LLB 5 years. Click here to check it.
– CAP registration process is started online for both LLB 5 years and LLB 3 years admission. Scroll down to access the link.
MAH CET Law 2020 Counselling – CAP Registration Link
The Centralized Admission Process (CAP) includes registering online for CAP, uploading documents, and choice filling. Rest of the stages of counseling is to be created by visiting the Admission Reporting Center (ARC). The direct link for CAP registration for both LLB 5 & LLB 3 Years is provided below.
MAH CET Law 2020 CAP Schedule – LLB 5 & LLB 3 Years
All the stages of CAP are to be completed as per the schedule below. Candidates can check the complete CAP schedule for both LLB 5 & LLB 3 Years from the below links.
- Click here to check the MAH CET Law 2020 CAP Schedule for LLB 5 year course.
- Click here to check the MAH CET Law 2020 CAP Schedule for LLB 3 year course.
|Events||LLB 5 year Dates||LLB 3 year Dates|
|Upload Information Brochure||09 Dec 2020||10 Dec 2020|
|Online CAP form filled by CET Qualified candidates||09 – ||11 – |
MAH CET Law 2020 Counselling Terms to Know
Here are afew thing to understand first before understanding the MAH CET law 2020 CAP.
A) ARC – Admission Reporting Center: This is the allotted center where the candidates have to report twice. First, at the time of document verification and second to seek final admission after allotment of seat.
B) CAP Rounds: There are 3 rounds. Out of all the 3 rounds, round 2 is also a betterment round.
C) Betterment Round: The candidates who do not get the first preferred seat in round 1 of CAP, can exercise their choice of a better option in this round as per the seats available.
D) Seat Matrix: It is the number of seats available in all the institutes for each of the CAP rounds.
E) Freeze: The finalisation of the allotted seats.
MAH CET LLB 2020 Counselling Process
The counselling process has the below given stages. You can check the details of each of the stages below.
Stage 1: Registering for CAP 2020.
- The registration is to be done online only.
- For LLB 5 year course registration can be done on mah-llb5admission.in and for the LLB 3 years course it is to be done on mah-llb3admission.in.
Stage 2: Uploading of documents
- After registration candidates have to upload scanned images of valid necessary original documents as per the requirement of the admissions.
- The uploading of the documents are to be done online as per the guidelines.
Stage 3: Reporting at ARC for document verification
- Document verification is to be done at the Admission Reporting Center (ARC).
- Candidates have to carry all documents in original for verification.
Stage 4: Display of provisional merit list
- Based on CET score and rank a merit list of the candidates is drawn
- Only the candidates who pass the document verification round are allotted merit rank
- Candidates can also submit of grievances against the provisional merit list
- A final merit list is then released.
Stage 5: Seat matrix
- Display of seat matrix before choice filling starts for each round is done.
- Candidates can check the number of seats available for allotment in all the institutes.
Stage 6: Choice filling
- Candidates have to login and fill the online choice filling form
- Here candidates have to fill their preferred institute for admission in order of preference.
Stage 7: Allotment of seats
- The allotted seat is displayed to the candidates online
- They can check which seat has been allotted to them
Step 8: Report at the ARC for admission
- All candidates who have been allotted seats have to appear for physical admission at the ARC
- The candidates who have not been allotted their first choice have to also report and complete the admission, such candidates can participate in round 2 of CAP for betterment.
- The candidates who do not report for admission at this stage, are no longer eligible for any further round of CAP 2020.
MAH CET Law Counselling 2020 Registration
To apply for counselling, candidates have to register online at the MAH LLB CAP website. Only once the candidates register online, they can proceed to submit the preference of colleges based on their merit and availability of seats. Candidates can check the process given below to register and choice filling for MAH LLB admission.
How to register for MAH LLB CET 2020 Counselling?
To register for the counselling process, candidates should follow the steps as mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the direct link which is provided on this page to register for MAH Law CET counselling 2020 as per the schedule.
Step 2: Next, you need to enter your roll number as mentioned on the MAH CET LLB admit card.
Step 3: Click on “Save and Proceed’ button and then in the next screen, you need to provide all the details as asked for MAH CET law counselling followed by entering a password.
Note: In any of the CAP rounds, for the candidates who get their first preference of seat, their allotment is auto-freeze. Such candidates are not eligible for any further round of CAP.
MAH LLB CET Counselling 2020 CAP Rounds Explained
After you have registered for CAP, there are 3 rounds for CAP. Once registered you are eligible for each of the rounds. Here is how the rounds of CAP work:
CAP round 1
Firstly, this is the first round where no seats are allotted and all seats are up for grab in all the participating law colleges.
Secondly, all the 8 stages of CAP we have mentioned on this page are applicable in this round.
Third, on the allotment of the seat make sure to report at the ARC. If you do not report then your seat is forfeited automatically and is offered to the next eligible candidate.
Fourth, if you are happy with your allotment and you are not up for any changes in the allotment, then login and freeze the allotted option.
CAP round 2
The first thing to know is that apart from being a regular round this round is also a betterment round. The candidates who are not allotted their first preference in round 1 of CAP, can try again in this round to get a better option.
Second, all stages of CAP are applicable in this round, except for stage 1 that is registration.
Third, if you are happy with your allotment and you are not up for any changes in the allotment, then login and freeze the allotted option.
CAP round 3
First, this is the last round of CAP.
Second, the candidates who didn’t register for CAP before round 1, can register for CAP in this round. However, for them, the merit list shall be published separately and their names shall be placed under the candidates who are already in the list.
Third, all the 8 stages of CAP are applicable in this round.
MAH CET Law Counselling 2020 Fees
Candidates shall have to pay the counselling fee as per last year’s information. It is to be paid by the candidates after the counselling registration is done. Check the MAH LLB CET counselling fee from the table below.
|General / SBC / NT / VJ / DT / OBC||Rs. 3000|
|SC / ST||Rs. 1000|
MAH CET Law 2020 Reservation Policy
Candidates can check the previous year’s reservation policy for backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State from the table below.
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|SC and SC converted to Buddhism||13%|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ)/ De Notified Tribes (DT)|
|Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2,5%|
|Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5%|
|Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||02%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Sons/daughters of Defence Service Personnel||05%|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||05%|
For more information on MAH CET Law Counselling 2020, candidates can check the previous year CAP information brochure:
MAH CET Law Counselling website:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.