MH SSET 2016 is the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for medical courses. MH SSET 2016 was conducted for admissions to DM/ MCh Superspeciality Courses. MH SSET 2016 was conducted online at Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad centre for admissions to DM/MCh Superspeciality Courses at Medical Colleges/ Institutions Maharashtra for the year 2016. For candidates who wish to take admission in DM /M.Ch, read the complete details of MH SSET 2016 (Medical) such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, selection process etc. in this page.
Latest : Counselling Schedule for MH SSET 2016 DM / M.Ch Vacant Seats has been announced. Check below.
MH SSET 2016
Directorate of Medical Education & Research has released notification for Common Entrance Examination “MH-SSET-2016” for admission to DM / MCh Superspeciality courses in the State of Maharashtra for the academic year 2016-2017. The complete detail of MH SSET 2016 for admission to DM / M.Ch Superspeciality Courses along with application form are given below.
Schedule for MH SSET 2016 is given here.
|Online Registration & filling Application form||19 May to 02 June 2016|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||09 June to 20 June 2016|
|Date of Examination||20 June 2016|
|Online display of Question paper||21 June 2016|
|Online display of Answer Reponses of Candidates with Answer key||23 June 2016|
|Online submission of objections on Question Paper/ Answer Key||21 June to 26 June 2016|
|Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of
Marks to DMER Office
|29 June 2016|
|Declaration of Merit List And Downloading of Mark sheet from||15 July 2016|
Counselling – New!
The personal counseling round for admissions to DM/MCh (vacant seats} will be conducted on 29 Aug 2016, as few seats remain vacant. All the eligible candidates for MH-SSET 2016 are requested to note following events, schedule and date in context to personal counseling round.
Schedule of Personal Counseling Round at Dept. of Physiology, Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Provisional Vacant Seats (For Personal Counseling Round)
Check detailed Information regarding MH SSET Counselling 2016 HERE
The candidates who filled the choices during the First round of choice filling process may note that the First Provisional Selection List has been released for DM / M.Ch Admission 2016. The direct link to check the First Provisional Allotment List has been provided below.
Check MH SSET 2016 Selection List here
- Click here to check the First Selection List for DM course
- Click here to check the First Selection List for M.Ch course
Extended First Round Selection List For DM/MCh Courses in continuation with the List declared on 31.07.2016.
- Click here to check the First Selection List (extended) for DM course
- Click here to check the First Selection List (extended) for M.Ch course
Preference Form & Counselling Process
The revised schedule for counseling and preference form filling system for Admissions to Medical Superspeciality (DM/MCh) courses for the academic year 2016-2017 from MH SSET 2016 State Merit list will be held as per following schedule.
Note – The DM / MCh candidates having overlapping university examination date from 28 Jul 2016 to 30 Jul 2016 will be permitted to fill their preference form on any day scheduled from 28 Jul 2016 to 30 Jul 2016.
The candidates must bring all relevant certificate/documents listed in the MH SSET 2016 Preference Form & Information Brochure (back side of the front page) in original and one set of attested photocopies of the same for scrutiny at the centre on given date.
The information brochure regarding process of Preference Form Filing System, Subject and College Codes, Subject wise Seat Matrix, Specimen Copy of the Preference Form and other relevant information will be published on 25 Jul 2016 on DMER’s website.
The candidates should download preference form Brochure for process and bring a copy of same at the counseling venue. The selection list will be declared on 31 Jul 2016 on DMER’s website.
Click here for Information Brochure for Preference Form
Result of MH SSET 2016 for admission to DM / M.Ch Medical PG Superspeciality Courses has been announced on the official website. Admission is based on the performance of the candidates in the Exam. Candidates appeared in the Exam are advised to check their result on the official website. Direct link to check the result is also available on this page.
Check MH SSET 2016 Result here
Answer Keys and Responses
Candidates who appeared in the MH SSET held on 20 Jun 2016 can check the answer keys and responses. To do the same, the candidate must login using the registration no. and password. The direct link to login and check MH SSET 2016 Answer Key and Responses has been given below.
Check MH SSET 2016 Answer Key and Responses here
- Click here and login using registration no. & password
Question Paper & Objections
Candidates who appeared in the MH SSET held on 20 Jun 2016 can check the question paper and submit their objection, if any. To do the same, the candidate must login using the registration no. and password. The direct link to login and check MH SSET 2016 Question paper is same as login given above.
A candidate will be eligible for MH-SSET 2016 and for selection/admission to a course in Superspeciality if fulfills following conditions.
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- The candidate must possess recognized postgraduate degree MD/MS or its equivalent from a medical college recognized by MCI. Candidates who have appeared MD/MS or equivalent examinations are also eligible to submit application forms. However, they will be considered for selection, on production of passing certificate of postgraduation degree on the date of preference form filling and counseling process.
- A permanent MCI/Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)/any other state council registration is a precondition for appearing for MH-SSET.
- The minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates in the MH-SSET 2016 for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Superspeciality courses shall be 50% for all the candidates.
- A candidate who has already acquired a Superspeciality degree course in any one discipline and who has already completed the course is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
- Candidate who is presently under going Superspeciality course in one discipline is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
Prerequisite Qualifications for DM/MCh courses is as shown in following table:
|DM Course||Prerequisite Qualification(s)|
|DM Cardiology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Pediatrics) /
MD (Respiratory Medicine*)
|DM Clinical Haematology||MD (Biochemistry) / MD (Medicine)/
MD (Paediatrics) / MD (Pathology)
|DM Clinical Pharmacology||MD (Pharmacology)|
|DM Endocrinology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|DM Medical Gastroenterology||MD (Medicine)|
|DM Neonatology||MD (Paediatrics)|
|DM Nephrology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|DM Neurology||MD (Medicine) / MD (Paediatrics)|
|DM Cardiac Anaesthesia||MD Anaesthesia|
|DM Paediatric Anaesthesia||MD Anaesthesia|
|M.Ch. Course||Prerequisite Qualification(s)|
|M.Ch. Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery (CVTS)||MS (Surgery)|
|M.Ch. Urology||MS (Surgery)|
|M.Ch. Neuro Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
|M.Ch. Paediatric Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
|M.Ch. Plastic Surgery||MS (Surgery)|
Online Application form of MH SSET 2016 for admission to DM/ M.Ch Medical PG Superspeciality Courses is available on the official website of DMER at www.dmer.org. The Directorate of Medical Education and Research has started the online application form process of MH SSET 2016 as per the schedule. An applicant seeking admission to the MH SSET 2016 will be required to submit single prescribed online application form. Interested candidates can also fill the online application form of MH SSET 2016 through the direct link, which is given below.
- Application process is over…!!!
- Cost of online application form of MH-SSET 2016 & examination fee is Rs. 5000/-. Bank transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the applicant. This amount is not refundable.
Applicants are requested to follow the detailed procedures/guidelines as indicated below:
- Application Registration Procedure
- Payment of fees Procedure
- Guidelines for Photograph & Signature Scan and Upload
Before applying online, applicants should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid e-mail ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this admission Process.
A. Application Registration Procedure
- Applicants to visit DMER website at www.dmer.org and open the given link. Open the link for filling the Online Application Form, click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and E-mail ID. A provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Applicant should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the applicant is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application applicants are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the applicant or his/her Father/Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Applicants can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Applicants can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT ONLY’ after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Once opted and form finally submitted subject of broad specialties cannot be changed.
B. Payment of Fees procedure
- The application form is integrated with payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/MasterCard/ Maestro). Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallet.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘e-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, applicants are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Applicants are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based n prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
- No other mode of payment of fees will be accepted.
C. Guidelines for scanning and upload of photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) & signature
- Before applying online a candidates will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specification given below.
- In Case The Face In The Photograph Or Signature Is Unclear, The Application May Be Rejected.
- Applicant May Edit The Application And Re-Upload The Photograph/ Signature In Such Case
- Photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
- The picture should be in color, against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimension 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no.ofcolours etc. during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The applicant’s signature obtained on the admit card and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the applicant may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb-20kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
MH SSET 2016 Admit Card
The Admit Cards can be downloaded from www.dmer.org website as per the schedule given above. Candidates will have to visit the www.dmer.org for downloading admit cards for online test. Intimation for downloading admit card will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for admit card download. The candidate is required to use –
- Registration Number/Roll Number,
- Password/Date of Birth for downloading the admit card.
Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the admit card preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with –
- Admit card
- Photo Identity Proof
DMER has released the Admit Card for the MH SSET 2016 for the candidates who have submitted the Application Form alongwith the Application Fee on time. MH SSET Admit Card 2016 is available on the official website of DMER – www.dmer.org. We have provided the direct link to get the MH SSET Admit Card 2016 hereunder.
- Downloading of admit card is over…!!!
How to download MH SSET 2016 Admit card online?
- Visit the official link to download the MH SSET Admit Card 2016 as given above
- Candidates can login using Registration and Password OR by Roll No. and Date of Birth.
- After logging in, look for the ‘Download Admit card’ link and click on it.
- Admit Card will be displayed. Verify the details on it.
- Save and Print the Admit card to appear in MH SSET 2016.
MH SSET 2016 Exam Pattern
MH SSET 2016 will be online examination & will be conducted at Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad in single session. This examination will consist of a one question paper of 150 Multiple Choice Questions, each carrying one mark. The distribution of MCQ’s is as follows:
- Duration of paper will be of 2 hours & 30 minutes. Medium of examination will be English.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination unless he/she holds downloaded an Admit Card and Photo ID proof as mentioned above.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternatives/options.
- The questions will be available in English.
Basis of Selection
Marks obtained by the candidate at the MH SSET 2016 will form the basis of selection.
Tie-Breakers : In case of equal marks at MH SSET the following procedure shall be adopted for deciding inter-se merit –
- First Level : A candidate with lesser number of attempts at MD/MS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then;
- Second Level : A candidate with lesser number of attempts at final MBBS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists, then;
- Third Level : A candidate passing with higher percentage of marks (excluding grace marks) of final MBBS examination shall be preferred. If the tie still (Part I & II) persists, then.
- Fourth Level : An older candidate shall be preferred over a younger candidate.
MH SSET 2015 Question Papers along with Answer Keys
Previous year MH SSET Question Papers along with Answer Keys are given below.
|Subject||Question Paper||Answer key|
For More Details Regarding MH SSET 2016 – Download Information Brochure