MICA FPM-C 2019 – Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA) will release a notification for admission into Fellow Programme through a Written Examination for the academic year 2019-2022. Candidates those who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be able to fill their Application Form for MICA FPM-C 2019. Application form will be available online. All the relevant details of MICA FPM-C 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure and other information given on this page below. Candidates are requested to read all the instruction before filling the application form or take any action.
MICA FPM-C 2019
The Fellow Programme at MICA is the first Programme of its kind in the country. It is an AICTE approved doctoral level interdisciplinary programme. Through this programme, MICA aims to encourage both fundamental and applied research in the communication and marketing domain. Candidates seeking admission into FPM-C 2019 can fill their Application online form once it is released. Selection to the programme will be based on the performance in the FPM Admission Test, Consistent academic performance from 10+2 onwards and Professional work/research experience in media and communication.
Schedule for the MICA FPM-C 2019 is given below.
|Last date for applying online||Last week of Jan 2019|
|Last date for receiving application fee, recommendation letters and copies of certificates||3rd week of Feb 2019|
|Telephonic screening interviews||Feb/Mar 2019|
|Admission Test on campus||Mar/Apr 2019|
|Declaration of result||Apr 2019|
|Admissions close||May 2019|
|Session begins||First week of July 2019|
MICA FPM-C 2019 Application Form
Application form for MICA FPM-C 2019 will be available online at www.mica.ac.in. Application form is an integral part of the admission process.. Information that will be provided by the candidate on the application is to be provided correctly. Admission granted on the basis of incorrect information will be ipso facto null and void. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read other conditions before filling the Application form.
Application Fee is Rs. 2475/-.
Two letters of recommendation in the prescribed format are required to be sent in sealed envelopes. Blank forms for recommendation letters and the instructions to fill in and send them can be downloaded from the official website once it is available.
Shela, Ahmedabad 380058, Gujarat, INDIA
Phone: +91 2717 308250
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Mr. G. K. Nair (Manager, FPM)
- Applicants must have a Post Graduate/Master’s Degree/equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in the field of Management/Communications/Humanities/ or Social Science. Exposure and understanding of Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising and/or Journalism shall be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have also completed a three-year Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification after completing higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent. The Bachelor’s degree can be from any discipline (Engineering/ Science/ Social Studies/ Arts/ Commerce/ Communication/ Management/ or Media).Or
- At least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Five year Integrated Masters Degree programme from any discipline of Management/Communications/Humanities or Social Sciences. Exposure and understanding of Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising and/or Journalism shall be an added advantage.
- The qualifications described above must be recognised by AICTE/Universities/Deemed Universities.
Foreign nationals and NRIs with non-Indian degrees that are considered equivalent (by UGC/AICTE) to the qualifications listed above are also eligible to apply for the programme.
- A Foreign National is a person who is not a citizen of India.
- An NRI is an Indian who as of April 2019 is working or studying or residing outside India for at least past 12 months continuously.
Final year students appearing for the Master’s degree or equivalent examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, should be able to produce final mark sheet (proving that they satisfy the eligibility criteria) at the time of accepting the offer of admission failing which the offer shall automatically stand withdrawn..
Stage 1: Telephone interviews for eligible candidates.
Stage 2: Shortlisted candidates appear for MICA’s FPM Admission Test. FPM Admission Test is a two-day process organised at MICA campus comprising of Written Test (WT), Group Discussion (GD), Individual Presentation (IP) and Personal Interview (PI).
Candidates appearing for admission test will be provided lodging and boarding on MICA campus.
Written Test (WT)
Written Test will examine candidate’s (communication) theoretical understanding, ability to investigate a communication phenomenon and ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
WT will be descriptive in nature and is based on prescribed readings. Candidates shortlisted after telephonic interviews will be sent prescribed readings via email. They are required to read them critically. Candidates may bring copies of the readings to the WT as this is an open-book exam.
Individual Presentation (IP)
The candidate will be presenting the topic based on the submitted research proposal. S/he will be given 15 minutes to present to a panel of experts. Candidates will be required to make PowerPoint (PPT) presentations.
Personal Interview (PI)
Personal Interview will follow the IP where a panel of experts will assess candidate’s personality and passion for research.
Detailed test structure and timings will be sent to candidates shortlisted for FPM Admission Test.
Selection to the programme is based on:
- Performance in FPM Admission Test
- Consistent academic performance from 10+2 onwards, and
- Professional work/research experience in media and communication
The various fees charged by the Institute from FPM students are:
|Fee to be paid along with completed FPM application form||Rs. 2,475.00|
|Fee to be paid along with the acceptance of admission offer||Rs. 25,000.00*|
Rs. 15,000 will be refunded after successful completion of first year and 5, 000 after successful completion of the Programme.