MICAT 2020 – MICA has declared result for MICAT 2 2020 online at mica.ac.in. Candidates can access the login to check the result from this page as well. MICA admission test (MICAT) is held twice a year for admission in PGDM and PGDMC programme. The entrance exam is conducted in CBT mode at a national level. Final admission is offered based on MICAT scores, CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, GE, and PI taken together. Check MICAT 2020 exam dates, application process, admit card details, syllabus and more details from this page.
Latest: MICAT II 2020 result has been announced. Check here.
MICAT 2020(1, 2)
Admission process of MICA is concluded in 3 steps, which involves applying for admission with CAT/ XAT/GMAT scores, appearing for MICAT-I or II or both, and then participating in group exercise and personal interview. The important dates in this regard are as follows:
MICAT 2020 Event Calendar
|Events||Dates for MICAT – I||Dates for MICAT – II|
|Resgistration starts||09 Oct 2019||26 Nov 2019|
|Last date to apply||16 Jan 2020 (at 11:50 PM)|
|Admit card download starts||03 Dec 2019|
|MICAT 2020 exam date||07 Dec 2019||25 Jan 2020|
|Score declaration of MICAT|
|MICAT GI & PI shortlisting||14 feb 2019||14 Feb 2019|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||02-03 Mar 2020||02-03 Mar 2020|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||05-07 Mar 2020||05-07 Mar 2020|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||13-15 Mar 2020||13-15 Mar 2020|
|MICAT final result 2020||Last week of March 2020||Last week of March 2020|
MICAT 2020 Result
MICAT result 2020 for both the exams has been announced. Candidates can check their result by providing user id and password. First, the score of MICAT is declared, then a merit list of the candidates are drawn based on MICAT scores and CAT/ XAT/GMAT for shortlisting candidates for GE and PI. The final admission result is then drawn for seat allotment in the colleges based on MICAT scores, CAT/ XAT/GMAT scores and GE-PI.
To qualify MICAT , the candidates have to qualify each of the 3 sections of the exam. Also overall qualification of MICAT is also manadatory to go into GE and PI rounds.
MICAT 2020 Selection Process
The selction process includes the below given steps:
Step 1: Selection of candidates for GE and PI, based on MICAT and CAT/XAT/GMAT scores
Based on the scores of the candidates in CAT/XAT/GMAT and MICAT, candidates are called for GE and PI. The shortlisting of candidates is done giving 50% weightage to CAT/XAT/GMAT scores and 50% weightage to MICAT scores.
Step 2: Final admission list based on CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, MICAT scores, GE, and PI
The final addmission list is prepared as per the following weightage:
|CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||20%|
|MICAT (Scaled scores)||30%|
Placements in MICA
As per the latest data available on mica.ac.in, the highest placement or the 26th batch of the two-year PGDM-C and PGDM course was Rs. 3.2 lakh for 2 month summer placement programme.
The top 10 recruiters of MICA are:
- Procter & Gamble
- Apollo Tyres
- Aditya Birla Group
- Calvin Klein
- Group M
- Future Group
1. Highest stipend which stands at Rs 3.2 lakh offered at FMCG sector
2. Next in number was FMCD/Retail sector offering Rs 2.5 lakh
3. Highest number of offers were made in the E-commerce/IT/ITeS sector, total 70 offers
4. Fast Moving Consumer Durables (FMCD) & Retail sector had offered 38 offers
5. Advertising and Media offered 38 offers
6. Fast Moving Consumer Goods offered 31 offers and other sectors offered 7 offers
MICAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download MICAT 2020 admit card from mica.ac.in. It has been released under the candidate login and user ID & password is required to download it. Candidates must carry a hard copy of MICAT admit card / hall ticket on the day of the entrance exan, along with other necessary documents. It consist of personal details of the candidate and exam details like reporting timings, address of the test center, etc.
Things to carry at MICAT 2020 Test Center:
Admit is a mandatory item to be carried in the Examination. In addition candidates need to carry the following documents :
- Two hard copies of Aadhar Card
- Scanned copy of Identity Proof for Verification
MICAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for MICAT 2020 must be known to the candidate before starting the preparation for the same. This leads to giving an edge to the candidate before ths start of the exam. In order to prepare for the exam, it is important that a candidate must be well-familiar with the MICAT exam pattern.
- Mode of the exam: MICAT 2020 is a Computer based Test (CBT)
- Duration of the exam: The exam is of 2 hour 50 minutes
- Number of questions: It is expected that there shall be 145 number of questions
- Name of the sections: MICAT 2020 is divided into 04 sections. Section A is Psychometric (P),; Section B consist of Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Section C consist of questions from Descriptive Test (DT).
MICAT 2020 Syllabus
MICA does not release any official syllabus for MICAT 2020. For preparation purpose you may refer to below given important topics:
MICAT 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- LCM & HCF
- Profit and Loss
MICAT 2020 Syllabus for Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Error Correction
- Synonyms and Antonyms
MICAT 2020 Syllabus for General Awareness
- Science and Research
- Politics and Sports News
- Business Brands and Media
- Indian Constitution
- Current Affairs
MICAT 2020 Syllabus for Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Visual Reasoning
- Data sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Statement Assumption
- Word Association
MICAT 2020 Important Books
In order to score good marks in MICAT 2020 candidates need to prepare with the best recommended books. Following are some important books which might help you prepare for the examination.
|Psychometric Test for dummies||Liam Healy||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh||Buy Here|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh||Buy Here|
|Logical Reasoning||Arihant/ Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
MICAT 2020 Preparation Tips
No exam is difficult if your preparation is with full dedication and thorough study of important topics and sections to be covered in the Examination. MICAT includes 3 main sections so prepare according to the requirement of that particular section.
- Stick to the Syllabus. Prepare according to the Syllabus provided for MICAT 2020.
- Preparation must start early. Prepare your schedule accordingly and start following it on a daily basis.
- Study the Exam Pattern and prepare a strategy accordingly.
- Read newspaper daily to improve your General Knowledge
- Start working on your thought process.
- Improve your qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Study different topics for Essay writing part. Improve your writing skills and speed.
- Candidates must study and prepare by solving previous year Question Papers
- Practice Mock Tests for MICAT 2020.
- Prepare and practice from different resources available including books and Online information resources.
- Study from the best books available for preparation Offline and Online.
MICAT 2020 Application Form
MICA released the MICAT 2020 registration form online for all the interested and eligible candidates. The official website of MICA (mica.ac.in) hosts the application form. Candidates need to note that there is NO offline form available for the MICAT 2020. In order to apply online for MICAT 2020, the candidates need to register first. Then, they need to fill-in some details including the personal details, academic details, and more. Filling the application form also includes upload of photograph and signature along with the payment of the application fee.
MICAT 2020 Application Fee – Candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1985/- by online mode. Candidates can pay the fee in any of the following methods available to them.
|1. Net Banking|
|2. Credit Card|
|3. Debit Card|
|4. Demand Draft|
Documents required while filling the Application Form:
- E-mail ID
- Personal Details
- Active Phone number
- Educational Qualifications
- Scanned Image of Photograph
- Scanned image of Signature
- Net Banking Details
MICAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applying for the MICAT candidates need to fufill the eligibility criteria laid down by the MICA. Fufilling the MICAT eligibility criteria includes certain criteria to be attained by the candidate including the nationality and educational qualifications. Candidates can go through the detailed MICAT 2020 eligibility criteria from below.
Nationality: Both Indian and NRIs can apply for MICAT 2020.
- Candidates must have appeared in one of the three exams CAT 2019 / XAT 2020 / GMAT (2018 onwards).
- Candidate must have valid Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) system or equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Important Points to note
1. Candidates appearing for Final Examinations for their Bachelor degree or any other equivalent course can also apply for MICAT 2020.
2. Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
MICAT 2020 Exam Centers
At the time of filling in details in the MICAT 2020 Application Form, the candidates have to select the test centre. List of the test centres for MICAT 2020 is provided in the table below.
What’s New in MICAT 2020?
Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) has incorporated the following changes in MICAT 2020 as compared to the past year’s trends. Candidates can check the changes below:
- Candidates can now apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- The new PGDM program will have an enhanced focus on Marketing, Branding, Design and Digital Transformation. Furthermore, the admission for the PDGM program will be in accordance with the ranks on the already declared merit list.
- In the MICAT 2020 Application Form, the candidates have the choice to opt for the PGDM-C and/or PGDM programme.
- Those who choose to opt for both the Programme will have to mark the programme of their first preference as priority 1 and the second programme of second preference as priority 2.
Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA)
Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) Established in 1991, conducts the Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test (MICAT). It is the only residential institute in the country, dedicated in creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA offers a wide-range of academic programmes including three residential programs: the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C). In addition, it also offers a wide range of Online programs.
micat 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Yes, MICA prefers the incumbent candidates to have relevant work experience.
Ans : For MICAT-1: 2854 number of candidates applied for the test, whereas, for MICAT-2, about 4662 number of candidates applied.
Ans : For the previous year, it is not known, about 748 candidates were shortlisted in MICAT GE-PI round.
Ans : The placements at MICA are phenomenal. The average salary in MICA Placement 2019 has gone up to Rs.12.80 lakhs. The Institute has maintained a record of 100% campus placement by top recruiters for its flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C).
Ans : MICAT 1 and MICAT 2 are the same exams which are conducted by MICA. The Institute conducts the entrance exam twice a year which is known by the name of - MICAT 1 and MICAT 2. You can either register to appear once or can apply for both. Better of the two MICAT Scores is used for shortlisting.
Ans : For MICAT 2020, CAT 2019 score will be accepted.
Ans : Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) conducts the MICAT examination.
Ans : Candidates can apply for the MICAT examination on the official site i.e. mica.ac.in.
Official Website: mica.ac.in
For more information regarding MICAT 2020, download previous year’s Information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.