MICAT 2020 – Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) conducts the Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test (MICAT) 2020. It is a University level conducted twice a year – MICAT-I and MICAT-II. Students can apply for all PG courses including Diploma in Management Communications (PGDMC), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management Communications (FPMC). Aspirants who have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline can apply for MICAT exam. Registration for MICAT 2020 shall start by the 5th week of September 2019 at mica.ac.in. Check more details on MICAT 2020 from this page.
In order to appear in MICAT 2020 it is mandatory to have valid scores of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT.To stay updated with all the important events related to MICAT 2020 refer to below given table:
|MICAT 2020||MICAT – I||MICAT II|
|MICAT 2020 Registration starts||4th week of Aug 2019||3rd week of Dec 2019|
|Last date to submit MICAT 2020 Applications||3rd week of Nov 2019||Last week of Jan 2020|
|MICAT 2020 Admit Card download||4th week of Nov 2019||1st week of Feb 2020|
|MICAT 2020 Exam date||1st week of Dec 2019||2nd week of Feb 2020|
|MICAT Result declaration 2020||3rd week of Dec 2019||3rd week of Feb 2020|
|MICAT GI & PI Shortlisting||February and March 2020|
|MICAT Final Result 2020||Last week of March 2020|
MICAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the expected Exam Pattern for MICAT 2020:
|MICAT 2020||Exam Pattern|
|Type of Exam||Computer based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 hour 50 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||145 (Expected)|
|Negative Marking||Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer|
|Sections in Exam||Six sections:
MICAT 2020 Syllabus
MICA does not release any official syllabus for MICAT 2020. For preparation purpose you may refer to below given important topics:
|Quantitative Ability :
||Divergent and Convergent Thinking:
MICAT 2020 Exam Centers
MICAT 2020 is held in following Examination Centers:
MICAT 2020 Important Books
In order to score good marks in MICAT 2020 candidates need to prepare with the best recommended books. Following are some important books which might help you prepare for the examination.
|Psychometric Test for dummies||Buy Here||Liam Healy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Buy Here||Arun Sharma|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension||Buy Here||Ajay Singh|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Buy Here||Ajay Singh|
|Logical Reasoning||Buy Here||Arihant/ Arun Sharma|
MICAT 2020 Preparation Tips
No exam is difficult if your preparation is with full dedication and thorough study of important topics and sections to be covered in the Examination. MICAT includes 3 main sections so prepare according to the requirement of that particular section.
- Stick to the Syllabus. Prepare according to the Syllabus provided for MICAT 2020.
- Preparation must start early. Prepare your schedule accordingly and start following it on a daily basis.
- Study the Exam Pattern and prepare a strategy accordingly.
- Read newspaper daily to improve your General Knowledge
- Start working on your thought process.
- Improve your qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Study different topics for Essay writing part. Improve your writing skills and speed.
- Candidates must study and prepare by solving previous year Question Papers
- Practice Mock Tests for MICAT 2020.
- Prepare and practice from different resources available including books and Online information resources.
- Study from the best books available for preparation Offline and Online.
MICAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Both Indian and NRIs can apply for MICAT 2020
- Candidates must have appeared in one of the three exams (CAT/GMAT/XAT)
- Candidate must have valid Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) system or equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Candidates appearing for Final Examinations for their Bachelor degree or any other equivalent course can also apply for MICAT 2020 .
- Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
MICAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form for MICAT 2020 releases online on the official website.Students can apply for all PG courses including Diploma in Management Communications (PGDMC), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management Communications (FPMC). Candidates must check the required Eligibility Criteria before applying for the Exam.Candidates need to update their scores of CAT and GMAT on the official website while Applying for MICAT 2020. In addition they are required to provide their XAT Registration number. These details are submitted before the Application Process closes.
Application Fee: As per the last year details, Application Fee of Rs. 1985/- is charged by all the Candidates who wish to apply for MICAT 2020
Mode of Payment: Payment can be made through the following options :
- Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
- Demand Draft / Cheque
Documents required while filling the Application Form:
- E-mail ID
- Personal Details
- Active Phone number
- Educational Qualifications
- Scanned Image of Photograph
- Scanned image of Signature
- Net Banking Details
MICAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for MICAT 2020 is released shortly after the Registration process is completed. Candidates can download their respective Admit Cards from the official website on the release date. It is an important document to be carried by candidates at the time of examination. No entries are allowed without proper verification of Admit Card. Candidates can access their MICAT 2020 Admit Card using their Login Credentials such as User ID and Password. Candidates must download and keep it preserved till the time of Admission.
Things to carry in the MICAT 2020 Admit Card in Exam Hall:
Admit is a mandatory item to be carried in the Examination. In addition candidates need to carry the following documents :
- Two hardcopies of Aadhar Card
- Scanned copy of Identity Proof for Verification
MICAT 2020 Result
Separate Result is declared for both MICAT session. Shortlist is prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performance if candidate has appeared in both the sections. (This is prepared on the basis on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT). Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in two MICAT’s are shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT score.
Cut off for MICAT 2020
MICA does not release any official Cut-off List for MICAT 2020. Cut-off is basically minimum marks that candidates must secure in order to be eligible for the next round of MICAT 2020. Cut-off is based on section wise Scaled scores calculated using Normalisation Formula
MICAT 2020 Merit List preparation
Merit for MICAT 2020 is prepared on the basis of following points:
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 point or more in GE
- At least 4 point or more in PI
- After the completion of the above mentioned criteria A Final composite score is created on the basis of following weightage :
|CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||20%|
|MICAT (Scaled scores)||30%|
MICAT 2020 Shortlisting
- Psychometric Test is a qualifier. Those who qualify this Test their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT relative performance is considered.
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT score is assessed for the following MICAT sections: Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT).
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Scores for each of these sections (namely: VA, QADI, GA and DCT)
- Shortlist is prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performance if candidate has appeared in both the sections. (This is prepared on the basis on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT* and 50% MICAT). Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in two MICAT’s are shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT score.
MICAT 2020 Selection Process
Selection Process for PGDM-C includes following steps:
Step 1: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Scores: Candidate must have appeared in one of the Exam.
Step 2: MICA Admission Test : MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT/XAT/GMAT* is eligible for MICAT, subject to their application form being completed and accepted by MICA.
Step 3: Based on their performance in the CAT/XAT/GMAT* and MICA Admission Test (MICAT), candidates are shortlisted for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). Shortlisted candidates are called for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA)
Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) Established in 1991, conducts the Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test (MICAT). It is the only residential institute in the country, dedicated in creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA offers a wide-range of academic programmes including three residential programs: the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C). IN addition, it also offers a wide range of Online programmes.
FAQs on MICAT 2020
Following are some questions asked related to MICAT 2020:
Ques. What programmes are offered by MICA?
Ans. Programmes offered by MICA are:
- One-year Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative
- Communication Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management Communications
- Three-year Fellow Programme in ManagementÐCommunications
Ques. What is the Application Fee for MICAT 2020?
Ans. Application Fee for MICAT 2020 is expected to be Rs 1985/-
Ques. How can we download MICAT 2020 Admit Card?
Ans. Candidates can download Admit Card using their Login credentials including User ID and Password.
Ques. My Admit Card has some diperancy. What should I do?
Ans. In case of any honest diperancy candidates must inform the concerning conducting body before the Exam date. They will help you out with the problem.
Ques. How are candidates selected for GE and PI rounds?
Ans. This is prepared on the basis on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT* and 50% MICAT). Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in two MICAT’s are shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT score.
Ques. How can I be eligible for MICAT 2020?
Ans. In order to appear in MICAT 2020 it is mandatory to have valid scores of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT.
Official Website: www.mica.ac.in
For more information regarding MICAT 2020, download previous year’s Information brochure.