|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The IIT Kharagpur MMST Entrance Exam 2017 for Masters in Medical Science and Technology will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology. This is a 3 year Post Gradaute Program offered by the School of Medical Science and Technology (SMST) at IIT KGP for MBBS graduates. Interested candidates can read complete detail regarding MMST 2017 – IIT Kharagpur such application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process, MMST 2017 syllabus etc. on this page.
MMST 2017 Admit Card is now available for download. Check the link below.
MMST 2017 – IIT Kharagpur
School of Medical Science and Technology (SMST), IIT Kharagpur has released notification for admission to the 3 years post graduate program – Masters in Medical Science and Technology (MMST) (4 semesters of course work with one year project) for MBBS graduates. Candidates are requested to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details before submit the MMST 2017 application form.
MMST 2017 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application Form submission||30 Mar 2017|
|Last Date for Online submission of Application Form (website Closure)|
|Admit Card uploading on the website||05 May 2017|
|Date of Examination||27 May 2017|
|Announcement of Results||to be announced later|
|Releasing first list of candidates to whom admission has been offered||to be announced later|
|Last date for accepting by the candidates||to be announced later|
|Releasing 2nd list of candidates to whom admission will be offered||to be announced later|
|Registration Date||14 Jul 2017|
MMST 2017 Quick Links
MMST 2017 Application Form
Application process will be started from 30 Mar 2017 and ends on 03 May 2017.
- General/OBC Male/Transgender candidates : Rs. 1500/-
- All Female or SC/ST/PwD (Persons with Disability) candidates : Rs. 750/-
- MBBS Degree [recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI)] with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- Passed Mathematics at +2 level (even as an additional subject).
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates and Persons with Disability (PwD) as per Govt. of India rules.
MMST 2017 Exam Pattern
- The admission test is of objective type and is designed to identify the aptitude of the candidates for a program like MMST.
- The test is of two hours duration and held between 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon on Saturday, 27th May 2017 at Kolkata.
- Candidate needs to answer 120 questions, out of which 75 questions are from the typical MBBS syllabi.
- The remaining questions are equally distributed to cover the syllabi of +2 level Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Each correct answer carries one mark and each wrong answer carries 0.25 negative mark.
Test City for MMST 2017 is Kolkata.
MMST 2017 Result
The IIT Kharagpur will announce the MMST 2017 Result on the official website and the candidates can check the Result by logging in to the MMST portal. The MMST Result 2017 will be announced on the basis of the performance of the applicants in the Entrance Exam held on 27 May 2017. To check the MMST Result 2017, candidates can login using the direct link will be provided below.
How to check MMST 2017 Result online
- Click the official link for MMST Result 2017 to check the Result.
- Enter the Application No & password as generated at the time of registration
- Click ‘Login’ button and the applicant dashboard shall appear.
- Look for the ‘MMST 2017 Result’ link and click on it.
- The Result will be displayed.
- Optionally, candidates can save and print the Result for future reference
MMST students – The selection is strictly based on the performance of the candidates in the written test of 2 hours duration. The candidate needs to answer 120 questions, out of which 75 questions are from the MBBS syllabi. The remaining questions are equally distributed to cover the syllabi of +2 level Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each correct answer carries one mark and each wrong answer carries negative 0.25 marks.
MMST (IIT KGP) Syllabus
Newton’s Law of Motion, translation and rotation, energy and power, conservation of linear momentum, simple harmonic motion, Hook’s law, First law of thermodynamics, expansion of solid, Gas laws, Maxwell distribution of velocity, waves, interference of two waves, total internal reflection, Coulomb’s law, Ohm’s law, Magnetic field due to current, Faraday’s law of induction, Photoelectric effect, Bohr model of atom, Radioactivity.
Chemical equilibrium, chemical and enzyme kinetics, Nuclear chemistry, Enzyme catalysis, Coordination Chemistry – preliminary concepts, Bonding, Strong and weak interactions, Inductive and resonance effect on acidity and basicity, Characteristics reactions of alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, amines, carboxylic acids and their derivatives, Optical isomerism of compounds containing two asymmetric centers, Aromatic and heterocyclic compounds (one hetero atom), Carbohydrates, Amino acids, Nucleic acids and proteins: general structure and physical properties.
Algebra of complex numbers, Theory of quadratic equations and quadratic expressions, relationship between roots and coefficients, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Equation of a straight line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, lines through point of intersection of two lines, Limit, continuity and derivatives of a function, limit, and derivative of sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions and composite functions, Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, integration by parts.
Anatomy – gross and applied Physiology, Biochemistry and genetics, Pharmacology: emphasis on clinical pharmacology, Pathology including microbiology and parasitology – emphasis on microscopic structures. Social and preventive medicine : emphasis on infectious and communicable diseases, immunization and family planning, Medicine including Paediatrics, Surgery including Orthopaedics and Urology, Obstetrics & gynaecology, Ophthalmology and ENT, Anaesthesia and oncology, radio-diagnosis.
On the basis of performance in the written test a list of qualified candidates will be prepared and these candidates are called for counselling at IIT Kharagpur on 15th June 2017 before final selection is made for admission. The selected candidates need to bring their certificates/ mark sheets during counselling.
For More Details Regarding MMST 2017 IIT Kharagpur – Download Information Brochure