MMU MD / MS / PG Diploma 2016 All India Entrance Test
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana offers All India Entrance Test for Admission to MD / MS / Diploma Courses for the academic year 2016-17. The candidates who secure less than 50% marks in the Entrance Test shall not be eligible for admission to the MD/MS/Diploma Courses. Candidates can check all the details like eligibility, exam pattern, application form, selection procedure from this page given below.
The period of training for obtaining MD/MS degree shall be three years including the period of examination. In the case of students possessing a recognised two-year Diploma in the same subject, the period of degree training including the period of examination shall be two years.
The period of training for obtaining Diploma shall be two years including the period of examination.
The candidates shifting from one subject to another or joining the course from waiting list within one month from the start of the session (closing date of admission) will be permitted to take the examination along with the regular batch. But for this reason, the period of absence (even less than 30 days) due to any reasons, after the closing date of admission i.e. 30 days from the start of session shall not be condoned.
Latest Notice – The last date for receipt of filled in Admission Forms for MD/MS/Diploma Courses is extended upto 29 Feb 2016 upto 4.00 pm and the Entrance Test will be held on 06 Mar 2016 (2.00 pm to 3.30 pm) instead of 14 Feb 2016.
Schedule for MMU MD / MS / PG Diploma 2016 is given below.
|Last date of receiving filled in Application forms||Extended upto 29 Feb 2016, 4.00 pm|
|Distribution of duplicate Admit card at the examination hall||–|
|Date of Entrance Test||06 Mar 2016, 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM|
Venue of Entrance Test: Examination Hall, MM University, Mullana-Ambala
MMU MD / MS / Diploma 2016 Application
The Application Form duly completed in candidate’s own handwriting, should reach the Admission Office, Administrative Block, Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana-Ambala (Haryana), 133-207 on or before scheduled date. It may be delivered either personally or sent under registered cover. Candidates already in employment should send their Application Forms through proper channel. Incomplete Application Form or Form received after the closing date/time will not be considered.
The Competent Authority takes no responsibility for any postal delay in the receipt or loss of Application Form or any document/correspondence in transit. No intimation with regard to rejection of the candidature on account of late receipt of Application Form will be sent to such candidates.
The following documents/attested copies must be enclosed along with the filled in Application Form :-
- Certificate of Matric/High School/ICSE/Class X or its equivalent certificate as a proof of date of birth.
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination of M.B.B.S. from an Institution recognized by the MCI alongwith marksheets from first to final year of MBBS examinations.
- Certificate of Passing PG Diploma from an institute recognised by the MCI only in the case of those who have passed the PG Diploma.
- Four copies of recent passport size photograph, duly attested by the Director/Principal of the College/Gazetted Officer or the employer in the case of those in employment.
- Internship Completion Certificate certifying the date on which the candidate has completed/is likely to complete one year compulsory rotating internship. The date of completion of internship should not be beyond 30.04.2016.
- Character Certificate reporting on the inter personal/social behaviour pattern of the candidate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Proof that the Medical College from which the candidate has passed MBBS Examination is recognized by MCI. The Certificate should be signed by the Head of the Institution from which the candidate has passed the MBBS/PG Diploma examination. In the absence of this certificate, admission shall not be granted.
- Certificate of Registration with the State Medical Council/MCI at the time of admission.
- No Objection Certificate from the Employer in the case of those candidates, who are in service.
- Migration Certificate (in original) by those who have passed the last examination from a university other than MM University, Mullana. If not readily available, it can be submitted within 15 days from the date of admission.
- Affidavits against Ragging (to be submitted at the time of counselling).
MMU MD / MS / Diploma 2016 Eligibility
A candidate will be eligible for appearing in the Entrance Test for MD/MS/ Diploma Courses if he/she :
- is a citizen of India ;
- has passed MBBS examination from any Medical College/Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India ;
- has completed satisfactorily or is liable to complete one year compulsory rotating internship by 30.04.2016 from Colleges/Centres recognized by the Medical Council of India ;
- is registered permanently with the State Medical Council/MCI at the time of admission; and
- possesses a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the Institution last attended.
The candidate will have to submit the above-mentioned certificates in original at the time of counselling without which the admission shall not be granted, except the certificate of completion of internship and registration as mentioned at Sr. No.(iii) & (iv) above which will have to be submitted by 20.05.2016 positively, failing which their Provisional Admission will stand cancelled without any further notice.
A candidate who is already admitted to a course in any institution is eligible to apply for another course only after passing the first course. An undertaking to this effect will have to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission. Concealment of facts would invite disqualification.
After commencement of the PG Courses(Degree/Diploma), if a candidate having joined the course leaves it before the completion of full period :
- he/she will be debarred for next three years from applying for admission to any P.G. Course (Degree/Diploma) in the M.M. Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Mullana-Ambala; and
- he/she will have to execute a Bond for payment of full fee of MD/MS/ Diploma Courses, at the time of admission and will be liable to pay the bond money in case he/she leaves before the completion of full period of the course.
Candidates already in service must submit their Application Forms through their employer or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’, from their employer on or before the last date fixed for the receipt of Application Forms.
MMU MD / MS / Diploma 2016 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Syllabus : Syllabus of MBBS examinations in various subjects as prescribed by the Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana/Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak/Kurukshetra University /Pt. B.D.S. University of Health Sciences, Rohtak and duly recognized by the MCI will form. the basis of the Entrance Test. The questions will cover the entire syllabus of the MBBS course.
Scheme of Entrance Test
- The Test will be held as per schedule at Examination Hall, M.M. University Campus, Mullana-Ambala.
- The candidates who secure less than 50% marks in the Entrance Test shall not be eligible for admission to the MD/MS/Diploma Courses.
- The Test will consist of one paper of 360 marks carrying multiple choice questions;
- Duration of paper: One hour and Thirty Minutes (2.00 P.M. to 3.30 P.M.)
- Number of questions (items): 120
- The Test is of objective type – The candidates will be provided with a sealed Test Booklet containing an answer-sheet. The seal will be broken open by the candidates on the announcement by the invigilator and not before that. The test booklet will contain 120 MCQs of best response type. The candidates are required to carefully read the instruction sheet on the question booklet before attempting. The method of marking responses will be clearly indicated on the instruction sheet. No deviation other than the method prescribed will be considered.
MMU MD / MS / Diploma 2016 Selection and Admission
The candidates called for Counselling will be required to produce all original documents/certificates/marks sheets etc. at the time of Counselling. Under no circumstances, any relaxation will be allowed to the candidates as regards appearing in person before the Board on the fixed date and time and producing the requisite original documents/certificates/marks sheets, etc.
The candidates will be called for counselling before the Board according to their respective merit and they will be entitled to exercise their choice regarding the subject. Selection of the subject will be according to the availability of the seat(s) at their respective merit at the time of Counselling.
Note : If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the entrance test, their relative merit will be determined by the marks obtained by them in MBBS (first to final professional examinations). In case the marks in MBBS (first to final professional examinations) are also identical, the candidate senior in age will get preference.
For more details of MMU MD / MS / PG Diploma 2016 – Download Information Brochure