|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
MNNIT Allahabad Ph.D Admission 2017– MNNIT Allahabad has released notification for admission to the Ph.D programmes for odd semester. Interested candidates can read the complete information regarding MNNIT Allahabad Ph.D Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
The Institute offers following doctoral programmes:
|Course Category||Course Category|
|Institute Stipendiary Full – Time Research Scholar||11|
|Self-financed Full – Time Research Scholar||12|
|Sponsored Full – Time Research Scholar||13|
|Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of MNNIT Allahabad
Part -Time Research Scholar
MNNIT Allahabad Ph.D Admission 2017 –
MNNIT Allahabad is going to conduct the written exam for admission into the Ph.D programmes for the academic year 2017. The complete schedule for MNNIT Allahabad Ph.D Admission is given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully go through eligibility criteria and other details.
|Start of online application process||01 Feb 2017|
|Closing date for online application process||05 Apr 2017|
|Last date for receipt of the printed and signed application form||10 Apr 2017|
|Display of list of candidates for entrance examination||11 Apr 2017|
|Written examination||22 Apr & 23 Apr 2017|
|Declaration of result of written examination||29 Apr 2017|
|Date of Interview||11 May to 12 May 2017|
|Declaration of Ph.D. admission result||19 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of Institute fee by candidates selected in Ist round||29 May 2017|
|Declaration of IInd list of admission (Subject to vacancy) and despatch of admission letter to candidates selected in Ist round||30 May 2017|
|Physical registration ( for all selected candidates) and submission of Institute fee by candidates selected in second round||14 Jul 2017|
|Last date for submission of Semester fee and physical registration
(for candidates selected in II round)
|17 Jul 2017|
Applicants are required to submit their application through online application system using the portal https://academics.mnnit.ac.in/admission 2017 only as per the schedule. “No other means of application shall be acceptable”. Direct link to fill the online application form is given below.
- Application process is over now…!!!
Candidates are advised to fill their online application form and submit it before the last date of the online application.
How to Apply?
There are two steps in online application procedure.
Step 1. Register by filling your personal details and pay fee by using payment link.
- An application ID will be provided in this step, which will be required in step 2. Application fee is Rs. 1200/- for OPEN and OBC-NC candidates for each programme. For SC/ST category admission fee is Rs. 600/- for each programme.
- Fee payment can be made by either online payment mode using credit/debit card, internet banking or offline mode by challan.
- If online payment mode is opted, then after successful payment an e-receipt will be generated by admission portal. If offline payment is opted, then report any branch of State Bank of India with print out of the generated chalan and deposit application fee. Bank will provide a stamped receipt. This e-receipt/stamped clalan receipt will be required at the time of sending application form to MNNIT Allahabad.
Step 2. Online filling of application form: Log-in with application ID provided in step 1
- Before starting the online filling of application form, please make sure that you have soft copy of your passport size photograph in JPEG (up to 30 kb) format.
- After login, follow the instructions for filling application form.
- Take print out of the form, attach photocopy of all the required documents and send on the address given below so as to reach before the due date:
Office of the Dean (Academic)
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Write on the top of envelop the name of the programme in which you are applying, e.g. “Application for Ph.D. in ……………… Engineering Department”.
Note : If a candidate is applying in more than one department then preference of department shall be clearly mentioned in each application form.
Candidates must have minimum marks of 60% aggregate or 6.5 C.P.I. (Cumulative Performance Index in ten point scale) in qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidate’s minimum marks will be 55% aggregate or 6.0 CPI.
The eligibility conditions given above are the absolute minimum. Departments may prescribe any requirements over and above these.
Ph.D. in Engineering
- The applicant with a Master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or CPI 6.5. Or
- Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Science/Applied biological sciences / Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
Ph.D. in Management
- Applicant with a Master’s Degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications / Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5. OR
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall be considered. OR
- A qualified Chartered Accountant having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Applicant with a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5 OR
- Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
Ph.D. in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell
- Applicant with M.Tech. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Civil Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics/Information Technology/Agriculture Engineering/Mining Engineering with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5. OR
- Applicant with a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Applied Geology/ Geophysics/Geography/ Environmental Science/Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0. OR
- Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
- All candidates who are applying for Course category 11 (Full Time Stipendiary) must have
valid GATE score (above cut-off of any year) /NET in relevant branch/subject.
- Where the eligibility qualification is Master’s Degree in Science/Computer
Application/Commerce /Economics/English/Management or any subject of Humanities/ Life
Sciences or Social Science, NET/ GATE qualification is mandatory for course category 11
- All applicants will be eligible for written examination and may report for written examination with the condition that candidates have themselves ascertained their eligibility as per the Information Brochure. Institute will verify eligibility only at the time of interview. As date of written examination and interview are same, candidates must come with documents as mentioned on page 8 at the time of written examination.
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programme of eligible candidates shall be based on interviews and written examination except course category 14. The candidates of category 14 shall be admitted after checking their eligibility criteria as specified by selection committee. These candidates shall be exempted from any Test/Interview.
- In case a candidate does not accept the offer by paying the prescribed fee by the specified date, the offer of admission shall stand automatically withdrawn, and the admission may be offered to the candidates in the waiting list, if any.
- The offer of admission shall also stand withdrawn if the candidate fails to register by the last date of registration after accepting the offer of admission.
- Shortlisted candidates after written examination will be allowed for interview only after verification of documents in original.
- Candidates applying admission under course category 11 (Full Time Institute stipendiary) must appeared in GATE any year with score above cut-off/NET in relevant branch/subject. Please refer eligibility criteria given in section 2 and Important Note under Eligibility Criteria for more details.
- All declarations/results will be declared through admission portal www.academics.mnnit.ac.in / phdadmission only. No separate admit card/letter will be sent by the institute for attending the written examination/Interview.
Note : The selected candidate, who has completed all the pre-requisite examinations including project/thesis examination and the viva voce before the date of registration but is unable to produce the certificate in proof of having passed and secured the minimum specified qualifying marks, may be considered for provisional admission. However, if admitted provisionally, they will be required to produce the evidence of their having passed the qualifying degree examination before start of Mid Semester Examination, failing which the admission will automatically stand, cancelled.
The candidates are required to bring following documents in original at the time of interview: [Please enclose self attested photocopy of following documents with application form] :
- High School Certificate in original.
- Mark Sheet/Grade Sheet of qualifying examination in original.
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the institution last attended.
- Certificate of sponsorship (for course category 13 only).
- No. Objection certificate from employer (for course category 13 and 14 only).
- OBC/SC/ST/PH certificate, if applicable.
- Undertaking by OBC candidates
- Migration certificate (if appearing in qualifying examination then required to be submitted after six weeks of registration)
- E-receipt / Stamped challan receipt
- GATE/NET/JAM Score card (If applicable)
The candidates are required to bring following documents at the time of registration:
- Passport size Photographs (3 Nos.)
- Admission letter and semester fee receipt
Department-Wise Maximum Available Seats In Different Course Categories
- Out of 86 available seats in course category 11, 43 seats are for OPEN category, 23 are for OBC
[Non-Creamy layer] category, 13 are for SC and 07 are for ST category candidates and 3% seats
under each category are for PH candidates.
- Reservation will be applied across the Institute in each course category as per GoI norms.
- Number of seats may vary depending upon availability of Supervisors in particular department and
will be decided at the time of interview.
For More Details of Ph.D Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure