MP PAT 2018 Syllabus – Agriculture
AGRICULTURE (Arts and Science Group) (Ag.)
- Introduction (i) Importance and scope of Agriculture in our National Economy and Development. (ii) Measures to be adopted for increasing the yeild of crops.
- Meteorology (i) Distribution of crop Zones depending upon the rainfall in M.P. (i.e.) Weather recording-Rainfall, Temperature, Humidity and atmospheric pressure.
- Soils (i) Importance of Soil, Soil texture, soil structure, mineral matter, soil organic matter, soil and organism (ii) Different soil of M.P. and their Characteristics (iii) causes of infertility and ways to improve them.
- Tillage (i) Definition of tillage, tillage operations such as ploughing, harrowing interculture etc. (ii) Tillage implements-Country plough, improved plough, harrows, cultivators, thresheres, winnower and seed drills.
- Manures and Fertilizers (i) Major and minor plant nutrients (ii) organic manures F.Y.M. compost, Green manures, Oil cakes (iii) Inorganic Fertilizers – Nitrogenous, hosphatic and Potash Fertilizers.
- Weeds and weed Control (i) Defination of weeds, damage caused by weeds (ii) Weed control methods mechanical Biological and Chemical.
- Inrrigation and Drainage (i) Need Objects of irrigation and drainage (ii) Sources of irrigation and drainage.
- Cropping Schemes: Importance and principles of Crop-rotation, mixed cropping, multi cropping, Dry farming.
- Crop Producation (i) Classification of crops(ii) Cultivation of following crops with reference to their land preparation, manuring, sowing, seed rate, irrigation, interculture, imporved varieties, control of diseases and pests, yield per hectare, Major crops paddy, Wheat, Jowar, ground nut and cotton Minor Crops-Arhar, Moong, Soyabean, Linseed and Mustard.
- Introduction(i) meaning and scope of Horticulture (ii) Planting system, pruning, training and intercropping (iii) Elementary idea regarding ornamental plants, annuals, shrubs, trees hedges.
- Cultivation of fruit plants (ii) propagation of plants-cutting, budding, layering gootee, grafting and inarching (iii) Elementary idea regarding ornamental plants, annuals, shrubs, trees hedges.
- Cultivation of vegetables (i) classification of vegetalbe as per family seasons and uses (ii) cultivation of Potato, Cauliflower, Radish, Onion, Tomato, Brinjal, bhindi and Chillies.
- Fruit and vegetable preservation (i) General principles and methods of fruit and vegetable preservation.
- Animal Husbandry (i) Important breeds of cow and buffaloes (ii) care maintenance and housing of cattles (iii) Principles of feeding and balanced ration of cattles.
- Milk and milk testing (i) composition of milk of cows and buffaloes (ii) Testing of milk by lactometer.
- Milk products and Dairy machines (i) Preparation of Cream, ghee, Butter, Khoya and Dahi (ii) Construction of working of cream separator.
- Diseases of Cattles (i) Sings of sick animal (ii) Common diseases of cattle, their prevention and control.
- Poultry Farming (i) Important Poultry breeds and their characteristics (ii) Warehousing and feeding of Poultry breeds (iii) Hatching of egg by natural and artificial methods (iv) Grading and marketing of eggs (v) Common diseases of poultry, their prevention and control.
ELEMENTS OF SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS (USE FOR AGRICULTURE) AG.-1
(I) Agriculture Physics :
- Principle of Archimedes, Floating bodies density and relative density, determination of R.D. by Hydrometers.
- Atmospheric pressure. Fortins barometer and its relation to weather condition manometer.
- Pumps – Force and vacuum pumps, symphon suction pumps.
- Friction – Laws of Friction, angle of friction, coefficient of friction and its determination, advantages and disadvantages of friction.
- Machine – simple machines such as plas, lever, pully. Simple wheel, their construction and working mechanical advantages, Velocity ratio efficiency of machine.
- Gravitation and gravity; Relation between ‘G’ and ‘g’ simple harmonic motion simple pendulum law of gravitation.
- Unit of heat, Specific heat, thermal capacity, water equivalent of heat, determination of Specific heat of solid and liquid, Latent heat, determination of latent heat of ice and steam.
- Transmission of Heat-Conduction, Convection and Radiation. Conductivity, good and bad conductor, New-tons law of cooling-simple idea.
- Light, Rectilinear propagation of light, Shadow and eclipse, pinhole camera, reflection through Prism, Dispersion of light, dispersive power spectrum, their type, spectometer.
- Optical instruments, Human eye, its defects, photographic camera, simple and compound microscope Telescope.
- Magnetism, Magnetic Field, Intensity of magnatic field, lines of forces; Neutral point, Couple acting on magnet placed in a uniform magnetic field. Magnetic movement of magnet, tangent law and its limitation.
- Electric charge- electric potential, electric field and its intensity due to a point, potential inside a conductor.
- Electrical capacity, its unit, its value for a Spherical conductor, principle of condensers capacity of spherical and parellel plate condenser.
- Ohm’s law, Resistance, grouping of resistance, electomotive froce and potential difference. Potentiometer its principle, comparision of EMF of two cells by potentiometer.
- Elementary idea of heating effect of current, Joule’s law determination of ‘J’ by Joules Calorimeter, elementary, idea of the house wiring electric iron, electric power and energy.
(II) Agriculture Chemistry :
- Atomic Structure: Bohr’s atomic model, Distribution of electrons according to Bohr- Bory Rules. Radioactivity and atomic disintegration.
- Chemical Bonds : Characterstics of electrovalent, Covalent and Co-rodinate Bonds.
- Ionic Theory : Uses of ionisation, Solubility product, Hydrolysis, neutralisation, Ionic product of water. Determination of pH Buffer Solution, Nutritional importance of Soil pH.
- Colloids: Lyophilic and Lyophobic, properties of colloids, colloidal solutions, protective colloids, gold number, Soil colloids clay and humus.
- Introduction of important minerals present in soil and their chemical composition.
- Chemical Fertilizers: Manufacture of different fertilizers of N.P.K. and their utilization Micronutrients.
- Volumetric analysis : Strength of solution, Normality, determination of equivalent weight of acid, base and salt.
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry, Determination. of empirical, molecular and structural formula of simple organic compounds.
- Classfication and nomenclature of organic compounds, Isomerism.
- Saturated and unsaturated Hydrocarbons, Mathane, Ethylene, Chemistry of gobar Gas.
- Fermentation, ethyl alcohol, Aliphatic carboxylic acid-Acetic acid, Urea.
- Oil and fats, extraction, Composition and properties, manufacture of soap, Vanaspati Ghee, use of oil in paints.
- Elementary Biochemistry, Carbohydrates, proteins, Lipids, Vitamins and enzymes.
(III) Agriculture Mathematics:
- Arithmetic Progression: Definition, formula to find the nth term. Formula to find sum of a n terms. Definition of arithmetic mean. lnsertion of given number of mean between two given quantities. Finding of remaining quantity when any three of S, a d, n are given.
- Geometric Progression: Definition, Formula to find the nth term, sum opf n terms, geometric mean insertion of geometric means between two given Quantitites. Finding or remaining quantity when any three of ks, a, n are given.
- Logarithms and Common Logarithms: Definition of product division of number raised to any power characteristics of the logarithim of any number greater than unity. Characteristics of the Logarithm of a decimal fraction.
- Trigonometrical functions of angles of any size and sign. Trignometrical ratios of an angle (90+) (190) (80+)
- Trigonometrical ratio fo the sum and difference of two angles. Geometrical proof for sin (A+B), Cos (A+-B) product formula for Sin (C+ – sin D), (C+ – CosD)
- Statistics: Calculation of mean, mode, median and standard deviation, variance and mean deviation for grouped data using various formula.
(IV) Agriculture, Botany, Zoology:
- Plant Anatomy :- (i) Root-Structure and Functions(ii) Stem-Structure and Functions (iii) Leaf Structure and Functions.
- Agril Botany Zoology : Classification of plants, (i) Outline of classification of plants, (ii) Study of the following families, (a) Compositeae (b) legumininoseae (c) Cucurbitae (d) Solananceae (e) Mavaceae (f) Cruciferae (g) Gramineae.
- Plant Breeding and Genetics : (i) Definition of Genetics and plant breeding and role of
Genetics in plant breeding (ii) Cell-its structure and cell division (iii) Principle of inheritance (iv) Self and cross polinated crops, (v) Methods of breeding field crops.
- Plant Physiology: (i) Respiration, types function, (ii) Photosynthesis (iii) Transpirations
(iv) Plant growth and development.
- Animal Kingdom: (i) Classification of animal kingdom, (ii) Useful and harmful insects of agriculture Silk work, Honey bee, LAC insect, Termites, Grass hopper, grass caterpillar. Anatomy and physiology, elementary internal anatomy of grass hopper, earthworm and cockroach with reference to digestiv. Respiratory and reproductive system.
Crop Production And Horticulture (ag.-2)
- (i) Introduction and activities of agriculture and crop production, (ii) Importance of crop production in National Economy (iii) Different Branches of Farming and their importance.
- Soil and Soil Fertility : (i) Soil and its constitutents (ii) Physical properties of Soil-Soil texture and Structure porespace, specific gravity, plasticity, cohesion and soil temperature (iii) Formation of soil-classification of soil in M.P. and their characteristics (iv) Soil corrosion its kind, their causes and control, measures of soil conservation (v) Soil acidity and alkalinity and their reclaimation soil-pH.
- Tillage : (i) Object of tillage, tillage operations, ploughing, levellling, harrowing, intercultivation (ii) Tillage implements, country plough imporoved ploughs, harrows and cultivators, threshers, winnowers and seed drills, tractor driven implements.
- Manures and Fertilizer (i) Essential element for plant growth (ii) Description and uses of organic manures. F.Y.M. Compost green manures (iii) Differnet Nitrogenous, Phosphate and potash Fertilizers, properties and uses.
- Production of crops: (i) Classification of crops according to seasons and economic classification (ii) Cultivation of Kharif Crops- Jowar, Maize, Groundnut, Cotton, Paddy, Soyabean, Arhar, Urad, Moong (iii) Rabi crops-Wheat, Linseed, Mustard, Sugarcane, Gram, Barely under following heads 1. Preparation of land 2. sowing operation 3. Seed rate per hectare 4. Manures and fertilizer 5. irrigation 6. Interculture and weeding 7. Imporved varieties 8. Yield per Hectare 9. Disease: pests and their control.
- Irrigation land Drainage : (i) object of irrigtion and drainage (ii) sourcs of irrigation and drainage (iii) Method of irrigation and drainage (iv) Water requirements of crops (v) Duty and discharge of water, (vi) Common water lifts. Diesel and electric pumps.
- Weed and weed control.
- Cropping scheme, importance of principles if: (i) Crop rotation (ii) Principle cropping (iii) Mixed and inter cropping (vi) Dry farming (v) Cooperative farming.
- Elementary Surveying-Importance of Surveyng. elementary survey with the help of chains, instruments used in survey as optical square, cross staff offset rod, dumpy level, recording of field book.
- Introduction (i) Importance and scope of Horticulture (ii) Pomology – Location and layout. (iii) Planting system – training, pruning, inter-cropping, winds breaks, protection from frost and sun burn (vi) care maintenance and rejuvenation of fruit, orchards.
- Vegetable Gardening (i) Kitchen gradening (ii) Cultivation of Radish, Carrot, cole crops, Onion Brinjal, Chilies, Tomato potatoes.
- Fruit cultivation (i) Vegetative propagation-Budding, inarching and Goottee cutting, Grafting and layering (ii) Cultivation of Papaya, Banana, Grapes, Mango, Guava and citrus frruits.
- Ornamental Gardening (i) General Cultivation of Winter and summer season annuals (ii) Ornamental and flowering plants. Trees shrubs, climbers, hedges and hedges plants. (iii) common ornamental and flowering plants e.g. Rose, Canna and chrysanthemum (iv) Preparation and maintenance of lawns.
- Fruit and Vegetable preservation- Canning and bolt ling Technique (i) Simple canning and botting techniques use of suitable containers like aluminised plastic and paper (ii) Washing, Blandching and peeling of fruit and Vegetables, trading of fruits for canning.
- Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables (i) General principles and methods of fruit and vegetable preservation (ii) Processing by heat, preservation by antiseptic drying, preservatio by fermentation dehydration and packing (iii) Preparation of jelly, Lime squash and Tomato sauce.
- Rural Finance (i) Cultivator’s Finance needs for farmers (ii) Source of credit (iii) Organisation of Rural Cooperative credit and marketing societies.
Elements Of Animal Husbandry And Poultry Farming (ag.-3) (a).
- Introduction :- (i) Importance of Live stock in Indian Economy, (ii) Body parts of cow and buffalo and description of important systems, respiratory, digestive, reproductive, secretion of milk.
- Improved Cattle Breeds :- (i) Cow (ii) Buffalo (iii) Goat and (iv) Sheep.
- Care and management of Cattle :- (i) Animal Hygiene (ii) Cattle housing sheds for bullocks, bull, milch cattle etc. (iii) Special attention for rearing of calves, pregnant and milch cattle, working bullocks and bull.
- Breeding of Cattle :- (i) Breeding Line breeding and cross breeding, Mendel’s laws of breeding (ii) Artificial insemination in cattle with examples.(B)
- Dairy Farming: (i) General idea regarding dairy farming as a business in village and town conditions requirement of land, labour, captial; management techniques.
- Milk Production :- (i) Differnet methods of milking, (ii) Principles of clean milk production,. (iii) Factors affecting quality and quantity of milk.
- Composition of milk : (i) Definition of milk (ii) Milk constitutents (iii) Composition of Milk: Factors affecting composition of milk.
- Physical properties of milk : (i) Temperature (ii Boiling Freezing point (iii) pH (iv) Density (v) Specific gravity use of Lactometer (vi) Gerber’s method for fat test.(C)
- Feed and Feeding : (i) Principles of Feeding of dairy cattle (ii) Different types of feeds and fodders and their nutritive calues – Kharif and Rabi Fodders: Hay and silage crops (iii) Preservation of fodders making of silage, hay silopits hay silopits. (iv) Computation of balanced ration of cows, buffaloes, bullocks, bulls goats and sheep.
- Judging of Cattle : (i) Importance of Judging, (ii) Judging method, Score card method and on the basis of body parts, (iii) Judging the age of cattle by rings on the horn and by the teeth development.
- Dairy appliances : (i) Constrution of appliances and their cleanliness (ii) working of cream separator and tis parts. Butter churner, Butter worker.
- Milk Products : (i) Preparations of cheese. Cream, Ravri, Dahi, Butter, Ghee, condensed milk. Milk powder and their composition.
- Common diseases of Cattle : (i) Symptoms of sick Animals, (ii) Symptoms of different diseases. Rinderpest Foot and Mouth disease. Blackquater, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Anthrax and piroplasmosis: (iii) their prevention and control measures.
- Poultry Farming : (i) Introductory, (ii) Scope and limitation of Poultry Farming, (iii) important breeds of poultry for eggs, meat (iv) Hatching of eggs and uses of incubator.
- Housing and ration for poultry birds : (i) Poultry sheds, layout model sheds (ii) Ration of poultry bird-chicken, Growere, layers and Broilers.
- Diseases of Poultry : (i) preventive control measures, (ii) Bacillary White diarrhoea, Ranikhet Coccidiosis, Fowl, Pox, Fowl cholera, Ecto and endoparasites.
Bennett University Admission 2019 Apply Now!!