MSIT Admission 2020 – Eligible candidates can apply online for admission in the various program in MSIT for the academic year 2020-21. MS in IT or Master of Science in Information Technology is a two-year post-graduate program in Computer Science. Interested and eligible candidates may apply on or before the last date of application. Candidates can check the details of the application process, selection process and other information on this page below.
– MSIT Admission 2020 dates have been revised. Scroll down to check the revised dates.
– Online Application submission date for MSIT Admission 2020 has been extended. Click here to Apply.
MSIT Admission 2020
MSIT aims to produce skilled professionals who have knowledge of the core principles underlying information technology and an understanding of emerging industry trends. MSIT is an innovative multi-university interdisciplinary post-graduate program. MSIT program is being offered by “Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning” (CIHL), formed by the Universities and in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, USA.
Schedule for the MSIT Admission 2020 is given below.
|Walk-In GAT Entrance Exam (Online) starts on||15 May 2020|
|Walk-In GAT Entrance Exam (Online) ends on|
|Last date for Submission of Application forms|
for Regular GAT Entrance Exam (online)
|Regular GAT Entrance Exam (online )starts|
|Results of GAT|
|Commencement of MSIT Main Program|
|Candidates admitted to Preparatory Course must report on|
MSIT is currently offered at
- International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-H)
- Hyderabad, School of IT, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH)
- College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK)
- College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTUA).
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati SVU
MSIT Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the required eligibility criteria for filling the MSIT application form 2020. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for MSIT is given below.
- B.Tech / B.E (All branches) –
- Admissions are based on ranks obtained in the entrance test.
Specialization: Computer Networks, E-business Technologies, Information Security, Software Engineering, Data Analytics & Data Visualization and Mobile Technologies.
MSIT Program is offered by CIHL at following Centres
|Learning Centre||Seats Offered|
|International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad IIIT-H||110|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad JNTUH||100|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada JNTUK||50|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantpur JNTUA||50|
|Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati SVU||50|
MSIT Admission 2020 Application Form
Applicants can fill the application form for MSIT 2020, as per schedule from the official website, i.e., msitprogram.net. The application form is available in online mode and before filling the form, candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria respectively. Candidates have to pay the Rs. 1000, for the application form before the last of filling the application form.
MSIT Admission 2020 Admit Card
GAT Hall tickets will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id as per schedule. Applicants can also download it from the official website – msitprogram.net, or direct link will be provided here. Candidates must carry their admit card at the exam centers. In case, you forget to carry the admit card hard copy, not allowed to participate in the entrance exam.
MSIT Admission 2020 Selection Process
MSIT took its inception in the year 2001 and is currently offered at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-H), Hyderabad, School of IT, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH), College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) and College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTUA). MSIT follows ‘Learning by Doing” approach with Project-Centered Curriculum aimed at producing employable IT professionals for the Industry.
Admissions are based on scores obtained in the entrance test (GAT/GRE).
Stage I – Graduate Aptitude Test
Graduate Aptitude Test (GAT) will be conducted by CIHL in two ways, which is a Computer Based Test.
Eligible candidates can apply for GAT entrance test in the following ways:-
- Walk-in Entrance Test
- Regular Entrance Test
Candidates can appear either for walk-ins or regular entrance test OR both tests. Candidates can appear for the GAT for a maximum of 4 times. However, the best of the scores in all the attempts will be taken into consideration for final ranking.
Walk-in Entrance test
MSIT has introduced the Walk-in Entrance, is planned for the convenience of the students where the students have an opportunity to take the MSIT entrance exam, whenever he/she is confident of taking the exam.
- Click here to get more details of Walk-in Entrance test.
Walk-in Timings: Morning slot-10:00 AM and Afternoon slot-2:00 PM
To take the exam a student needs to
- Hall Ticket
- A copy of SSC / Tenth equivalent certificate ( the SSC/Tenth Roll number is required for registration).
The scores would be given to the student after 48 hrs of the exam by “Eduquity”.
This entrance exam will be conducted on fixed dates in 7 centers. Candidates can check the exam center is given below the exam center section. Regular Entrance Test is conducted from May 24, 2020. Candidates can apply for this test online from July 31, 2019.
Regular GAT Entrance test waived
Those candidates who have taken the GRE after July 2016 are exempted from the entrance test (GAT) if they have a score of 301/3.5.
Allotment of Learning Center
Admissions are based on ranks obtained in the entrance test. In the MSIT Counseling 2020, candidates are asked to select learning centers and they are allotted seats in rank order.
Candidates admitted into IIITH & JNTUH will be given direct admission into MSIT main program. Candidates admitted into JNTUK, JNTUA & SVU have to undergo a 4-week preparatory program. However, after successful completion of the preparatory program, they will be admitted into the MSIT main program.
MSIT GAT Exam Centers
Candidates check the following examination centers of GAT is given below table:
Structure of GAT: GAT consists of two main sections and no negative marking, all question carry 1 marks.
- SECTION I – CRITICAL READING &WRITING (This section assesses your ability on reading comprehension, analytical and logical thinking, Verbal ability and English comprehension)
- Reading Comprehension – 2 passages with 4 questions each.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning – 16 Multiple choice questions.
- Verbal Ability – 16 Multiple choice questions.
- Computational Problem Solving – 10 Multiple choice questions
- SECTION II – QUANTITATIVE ABILITY & PART OF Computational Problem Solving – consists of 50 multiple choice questions. This section assesses your Quantitative (Mathematical) Ability and part of Computational Problem Solving ability
- Statistics –11 Multiple choice questions
- Data Analysis –10 Multiple choice questions
- Quantitative Comparison –8 Multiple choice questions
- Sets –5 Multiple choice questions
- Relations and Functions –6 Multiple choice questions
- Computational Problem Solving –10 Multiple choice questions
The psychometric assessment is based on five competencies identified by MSIT, given below are the same
- Problem Solving
- Conceptual Thinking
- Team Work Ability
Scoring of GAT:
GAT uses scaled scores, like major tests in the world like GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT etc. Scaled scores are a standardized converted score based on your correct responses. A scaled score is the total number of correct answers (raw score) that have been converted onto a consistent and standardized scale. In GAT each section is graded on a scale of 200–800 making a total of 2400 for all three sections.
Preparation for GAT:
Since GAT is not directly a knowledge based test, it takes into account what a student has learnt in his school/high school days up to Standard XII. Therefore, practice makes more important than just reading. It is advisable for candidates to practice mock tests through various websites and books. A list of test web links and practice books are indicated below-
- https://gat-cs-web.firebaseapp.com/ (Computational Problem Solving Tutorial is offered by MSIT in the beside link.
- If the candidates have any queries in the concepts which they have learnt from the tutorial, they can send them to: [email protected] Their queries would be duly answered.
- Barron’s Strategies and Practice for the New PSAT/NMSQT by BARRON
- A modern approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by Dr. R.S. AGGARWAL
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. AGGARWAL
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by TRISHNAS
Sample Papers: Click here to check the sample paper of MIST.
MSIT Fee Structure
- Annual fee Rs.2,00,000/- for 2-Year MSIT program (IIIT-H)
- Annual fee Rs.1,70,000/- for 2-Year MSIT program (JNTU-H)
- Annual fee Rs.1,60,000/- for 2-Year MSIT program (JNTUK,JNTUA and SVU-Tirupati)
- Students selected for the direct admission into the MSIT program based on GAT / GRE Score should pay a non-refundable admission fee of Rs.30,000/-(Part of annual fee)
- Students selected for the preparatory program should pay a non-refundable fee of Rs 10,000/-
Fee must be paid at the beginning of each year of the MSIT program.
Official Website: msitprogram.net
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.