Mysore University PG Entrance 2021: Mysore University has extended the last date to submit the application form for PG Entrance Exam 2021. Candidates can fill the online application form till October 23, 2021 at uompgadmissions.com. At the postgraduate level, Mysore University offers MA, M.Sc, M.Com, M.P.Ed, M.Li.I.Sc, MSW, M.Ed & LL.M courses as well as a PG diploma in various disciplines. A bachelor’s degree with a cumulative grade of 45% is the minimum selection criterion for admission. Admission to all of these courses is based on PGEE assessments conducted at the university level. The complete details regarding Mysore University PG Entrance 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, result etc. are given below.
Latest – Mysore University has extended the last date to submit the application form for PG Entrance Exam till October 23, 2021. Scroll down to apply.
Mysore University PG Entrance Exam 2021
Mysore University will conduct the entrance exam for admission to the various PG programs at the following colleges. Entrance Examination is Compulsory for all Post Graduate Degree courses for all candidates except for Foreign Nationals with Foreign Degree. Candidates have to apply and appear for entrance exams separately for separate courses, except M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Tech (CCT), and M.Tech (CST) for which candidates have to contact Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Schedule for Mysore University PG Entrance 2021 is given below.
|Online date of submission of Application Form||04 Oct 2021|
|Last date for submission of the Application Form|
|PGEE 2021 (Entrance Exam)||04 – 07 Nov 2021|
|Answer Key Released||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Mysore University Admission 2021 Application form
Mysore University is a state university. Mysore is a public university located in the city of Mysore in the Indian state of Karnataka. The university was founded in 1916 during the reign of Krishnaraja Vodeyar IV.
Apply Here: Click here to apply for PG Entrance Exam 2021.
- The university also includes 180 affiliated colleges. And four founding colleges. Also, the university has 37 PG departments, eight specialized research training centers. And 2 PG centers in total, offering a total of 55 regular academic programs. This university is the 6th oldest university in India. And the oldest in the state of Karnataka.
- The university has also established links with various Chinese universities to share resources. And training in information technology education.
- The university conducts entrance examinations for all PG candidates. Whereas admission for MBA, MCA, M.Tech is done through an entrance conducted by the Karnataka State Examination Authority. Candidates are then selected based on academic performance and admissions test scores, which is 50:50.
- Mysore University offers a variety of academic programs such as Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programs. Admission is carried out through this university based on the marks obtained in the last qualifying exam, the exam is administered by the university itself, and the admission mode at this university offers both online and offline opportunities.
- The university offers a variety of courses such as natural sciences, humanities, commerce, business management, etc.
For admission to any PG degree course, candidates have to get qualified in the respective entrance examination by securing a minimum 08 marks in case of SC / ST / Cat-I candidates and 10 marks in case of other candidates out of 50 marks. Entrance Examination will be conducted for admission to all P.G.Programms. Admission shall be made on the basis of the merit list prepared by taking into consideration 50% of the aggregate marks obtained in the relevant subjects at qualifying Degree Examination (all three years), and 50% of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination.
- For all details please visit University webpage http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- The candidates claiming reservation under Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB are required to pay the full fee at the time of admission. Subsequently, the Govt. would reimburse the same direction to their respective SB A/c.
- Applications without valid certificates and inadequate information will not be considered and are liable to be rejected.
- Admissions will be made as per the Government orders issued from time to time relating to reservation of seats. Allotment of seats to other university candidates is as per the existing rules of the university.
The payment of fees shall be through ON-LINE / E-Payment only with SBI. Candidates (irrespective of category) have to pay separately Rs.600/-(Rupees Five hundred only) for the entrance examination for each course. For any issues/problems related to the filing of application online, the candidates can contact the Help Desk at 0821-2419489/2419557/2419553/2419331
Mysore University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The university also offers M.Tech, MS, MBA, MCA and M.Arch in a variety of full-time disciplines. Admission to the Master of Science, Master of Technology (Urban and Regional Planning / Materials Science), and Master of Business Administration (General) is offered based on a valid PGEE score for the Master of Engineering (CST / CCT), MCA, and MBA (Agribusiness) admissions are offered based on rules set by KEA. M.Arch enrollment is offered based on a valid NATA score.
Courses & Eligibility
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Post MA Diploma||Manu Scriptology||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|Post MSc Diploma||Hydro-Geology||Geographical Information System (GIS)|
|PG Diploma||Arts||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||Research Methodology & Quantitative Techniques||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||E-Commerce (PGD-E.Com)||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||Criminology and Correctional Administration||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||Bio-Informatics (PGDBIO)||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|MA||Ambedkar Studies||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Urdu||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Journalism & Mass Communication||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||International Relations||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Development Studies||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Co-operative Management||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Comparative Literature & Translation Studies||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Christianity||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Anthropology||B.A or its equivalent|
|MA||Ancient History & Archaeology||B.A or its equivalent|
|MSc (Tech)||Computer Science||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc (Integrated)||Molecular Biology (Entrance exam conducted by the university||Intermediate with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Anthropology||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||IT||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Food Science & Nutrition||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Environmental Science||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Electronics||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Chemistry||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Botany||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Biotechnology||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Biochemistry||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|MSc||Applied Geology||Bachelor of science with relevant subjects|
|M.P.Ed||–||Bachelor with relevant subjects|
|M.Music||–||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|M.L.I.Sc||–||B.Li.I.Sc with relevant subjects|
|M.Ed||–||Bachelor with relevant subjects|
|M.Dance||–||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|M.Com||General||Bachelor with relevant subjects|
|M.Com||Financial Services||Bachelor with relevant subjects|
|LL.M||Constitutional Law||Bachelor with relevant subjects|
MTech, MS, MCA, MBA, MArch Courses
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|M Tech||Urban & Regional Planning||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|MS||Information Technology||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|MS||Animation||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|MCA||–||BCA/B.Sc IT/ CS|
|MBA||General||Graduate equally qualified|
|M Tech||Material Science||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|M Tech||CST||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|M Tech||CCT||BE B.Tech Passed with relevant subjects|
|M.Arch||Agri-Business||Graduate equally qualified|
Mysore University Admission 2021 Scheme of Examination
Entrance Examination is Compulsory for all Post Graduate Degree courses for all candidates except for Foreign Nationals. Candidates have to apply and appear for entrance examinations separately for each course. However, there shall be a single common entrance examination for the following groups of courses. As per last year based information.
Group 1 : Zoology, Applied Zoology, Botany, Bio-Technology, MicroBiology, Genetics, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Bio-Chemistry, Molecular Biology. Instruction to the candidate
- Question paper shall consist of 100 questions of MCQ type.
- The candidate has to answer any 50 questions.
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- In case candidate answers more than the required 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted will be evaluated.
- Total maximum marks: 50, Duration: 90 min.
Group 2: Ambedkar Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, South Indian Studies, Linguistics, International Relations, Philosophy, Comparative Literature and Translation Studies, Folklore, Jainology & Prakrit, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Women’s Studies, Rural Development, Master of Lib & Inf. Sc. (M.L.I.Sc),
Group 3: M.Com & M.Com (Financial Services).
For the remaining courses not included in the above groups, candidates have to appear for separate Entrance Examination. The candidates who seek admission for M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Tech. (CCT) and M.Tech. (CST) are advised to contact Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).Mysore University Admission 2021 Syllabus for Entrance Exam
Syllabus for the Group 1 Examination
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Unit 2. Cell Biology
- Unit 3. Botany
- Unit 4. Zoology
- Unit 5. Microbiology
- Unit 6. Genetics
- Unit 7. Biochemistry
- Unit 8. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Unit 9. Ecology, Ethology and Evolution
- Unit 10: Sericulture & Seribiotechnology.
Syllabus for Group 2 Examination
Ambedkar Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, South Indian Studies, Linguistics, International Relations, Philosophy, Comparative Literature, and Translation Studies, Folklore, Jainology & Prakrit, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Women’s Studies, Rural Development, Master of Lib & Inf. Sc. (M.L.I.Sc)
About Mysore University
Mysore University was founded in 1906. It offers a variety of UG, PG and M.Phil & PhD courses as well as PG diploma courses in various disciplines. The application form can be completed by visiting the official website of the University of Mysore and then mailed or in person. In addition to the regular courses, the university also offers distance learning programs in various disciplines through the Mysore University’s DDE.
Official Website: pgadmissions.uni-mysore.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.