Mysore University PG Entrance 2018 – Mysore University has released notification from eligible candidates for admission to the following Post-Graduate Degree Courses/ P.G.Diploma/ Diploma/ Certificate Courses under Scheme-A and Scheme-B with different fee structures as detailed in www.uni-mysore.ac.in offered at Manasagangotri (Mysore), P.G.Centre Tubinakere (Mandya), Hemagangotri (Hassan), Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Graduate Centre (Chamarajanagar), Constituent Colleges and Government / Private Affiliated / Autonomous Colleges for the academic year 2018-19. The complete details regarding Mysore University PG Entrance 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, result etc. are given below.
Mysore University PG Entrance Exam 2018
Mysore University will conduct the entrance exam for admission to the various PG programmes at following colleges. Entrance Examination is Compulsory for all Post Graduate Degree courses for all candidates except for Foreign Nationals with Foreign Degree. Candidates have to apply and appear for entrance exam separately for separate courses, except M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Tech (CCT) and M.Tech (CST) for which candidates have to contact Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Schedule for Mysore University PG Entrance 2018 is given below.
|Online date of submission of Applcation Form||18 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||02 Jun 2018|
|Entrance Exam||18 to 22 Jun 2018|
Calendar of Events for all PG Programmes
If above window does not load, Click here to view/ download the eligibility criteria details.
For admission to any PG degree course, candidates have to get qualified in the respective entrance examination by securing a minimum 08 marks in case of SC / ST / Cat-I candidates and 10 marks in case of other candidates out of 50 marks. Entrance Examination will be conducted for admission to all P.G.Programms. Admission shall be made on the basis of the merit list prepared by taking into consideration 50% of the aggregate marks obtained in the relevant subjects at qualifying Degree Examination (all three years), and 50% of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination.
- For all details please visit University webpage www.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- The candidates claiming reservation under Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB are required to pay the full fee at the time of admission. Subsequently, the Govt. would reimburse the same direction to their respective SB A/c.
- Applications without valid certificates and inadequate information will not be considered and are liable to be rejected.
- Admissions will be made as per the Government orders issued from time to time relating to reservation of seats. Allotment of seats to other university candidates is as per the existing rules of the university.
The payment of fees shall be through ON-LINE / E-Payment only with SBI. Candidates (irrespective of category) have to pay separately aRs.500/-(Rupees Five hundred only) for entrance examination for each course. For any issues / problems related to filing of application through online, the candidates can contact Help Desk at 0821-2419489/2419325.
Scheme of Examination
Entrance Examination is Compulsory for all Post Graduate Degree courses for all candidates except for Foreign Nationals. Candidates have to apply and appear for entrance examinations separately for each course. However, there shall be a single common entrance examination for the following groups of courses.
Group 1 : Zoology, Applied Zoology, Botany, Bio-Technology, MicroBiology, Genetics, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Bio-Chemistry, Molecular Biology. Instruction to the candidate
- Question paper shall consist of 100 questions of MCQ type.
- The candidate has to answer any 50 questions.
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- In case candidate answers more than the required 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted will be evaluated.
- Total maximum marks: 50, Duration: 90 min.
Group 2: Ambedkar Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, South Indian Studies, Linguistics, International Relations, Philosophy, Comparative Literature and Translation Studies, Folklore, Jainology & Prakrit, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Women’s Studies, Rural Development, Master of Lib & Inf. Sc. (M.L.I.Sc),
Group 3: M.Com & M.Com (Financial Services).
For the remaining courses not included in the above groups, candidates have to appear for separate Entrance Examination. The candidates who seek admission for M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Tech. (CCT) and M.Tech. (CST) are advised to contact Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Syllabus for Entrance Exam
Syllabus for the Group 1 Examination
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Unit 2. Cell Biology
- Unit 3. Botany
- Unit 4. Zoology
- Unit 5. Microbiology
- Unit 6. Genetics
- Unit 7. Biochemistry
- Unit 8. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Unit 9. Ecology, Ethology and Evolution
- Unit 10: Sericulture & Seribiotechnology.
Click Here to download full syllabus.
Syllabus for Group 2 Examination
Ambedkar Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, South Indian Studies, Linguistics, International Relations, Philosophy, Comparative Literature and Translation Studies, Folklore, Jainology & Prakrit, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Women’s Studies, Rural Development, Master of Lib & Inf. Sc. (M.L.I.Sc),
Click Here to download full syllabus.
Official Website: www.pgadmissions.uni-mysore.ac.in