NATA 2018 was scheduled on April 29, 2018, from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM. The Council of Architecture (COA) has conducted National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) for admission into B.Arch. degree course. Only those who successfully register for the exam could download their admit card and appeared for the entrance test. Unlike previous years, this time NATA is a single day computer-based test. Get here complete details of NATA 2018 including the application form, admit card, syllabus, result.
Last year, 42,098 registered for NATA and 37,246 appeared for the exam. The total number of qualified candidates in the exam was 24,540. Candidates aiming to appear for the exam this year should keep track of the NATA 2018 dates given in the table below:
|NATA 2018||Date (Revised)|
|Release of Information Brochure||03 Jan 2018|
|Availability of Online Application Form NATA 2018||18 Jan 2018|
|Registration will end on||30 Mar 2018 (03:00 PM)|
|Download of NATA 2018 Admit Card||16 Apr 2018|
|Date of Examination||29 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result||04 Jun 2018|
Apart from NATA, another national level examination through which candidates can get admission in B.Arch / B.Planning courses is JEE Main Paper 2.
NATA 2018 Application Form
The application form of NATA 2018 is to be filled and submitted by online mode only. No other mode of form submission is acceptable. However, firstly, the candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria or not. Then the eligible aspirants can apply for NATA 2018. The application form will be filled majorly in three steps i.e, Personal Details, Document Uploading, and Fee payment. The candidates should follow every step carefully to fill the application form.
The candidates need to pay the following amount for the application fee.
|Category||Application Fee Charges|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1500/-|
|For rest of the candidates’||Rs. 1800/-|
Mode of Payment – The application fee is payable by either of the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
It is always advisable for the candidates to enter only correct information in the NATA Application Form, as they are not given any provision for making changes thereafter. So, after finally submitting the online form, you will not be able to edit/ correct/ modify any details. However, in rare cases where corrections are needed, they will be addressed on a request by the candidate. Such requests may be emailed to [email protected]
NATA 2018 Mock Test
Mock test for the NATA exam is available on the official website. Candidates can give the test through the direct link provided below.
Mock Test: Click Here to give the mock test of NATA.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to appear for NATA must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
To Appear for NATA – The candidates should have either:
- Qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Or, the candidates must possess a 10+3 Diploma degree in any stream. The degree must be recognized by Central / State Govt.
- Or, the candidates should have passes International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
Eligibility for B.Arch Admission: The above is the criteria to appear for NATA 2018. However, to be eligible for admission, the candidates must:
- Have qualified a national level architecture exam.
- In the qualifying examination, the minimum aggregate marks of the candidates should be 50%, with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of NATA 2018 will be issued to the candidates who have registered themselves and paid the application fees successfully. The candidates will be able to download the NATA Admit Card at its official website, nata.nic.in. The candidates should not damage or misplace their admit card as it is required at the later stages of admission process also. In case of misplacing or damage, no duplicate admit card will be issued. The candidates must bring the copy of the admit card along with the valid ID proof on the day of examination.
Test Centers for NATA 2018
The COA allocates test centers to the students on the basis of choices given by them at the time of NATA 2018 Registration. The details about the test center will be given on the NATA 2018 Admit Card. The exam center as printed on the admit card will be final and any request in change in exam center will not be considered.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern is beneficial for the candidates, as they get to know the structure of the exam beforehand. The candidates can check the complete exam pattern of NATA 2018 below:
- Mode of Exam – Part A will be an online examination, whereas, Part B of the examination will be for drawing (pen and paper based).
- Language – The question paper will be in the English Language.
- Duration of the exam – 180 minutes. Part A will start in the first 90 minutes and Part B will start n the last 90 minutes.
- Negative Marking – There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
The candidates can check question and marks distribution in NATA 2018 from the table below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||40 MCQ||2||80|
|Drawing||2 (Draw on an A-4 Sheet)||40||80|
In Part B, the candidates will be assessed on the basis of:
- Ability to sketch an object in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structure for
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences. In Part B, The candidates will be assessed on the basis of their sketching ability of a given object and rendering it in the similar visual appealing manner.
Is there any change in the NATA exam pattern?
Considering previous year’s information brochure, it has been observed that the exam pattern for NATA 2018 is same as previous year. Except for mode of exam for Part A, there is not much big change in the exam pattern.
NATA 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus as per which the candidates should start their preparation for NATA is as follows:
- Coordinate geometry
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry
- Theory of Calculus
- Application of Calculus
- Permutation and combination
- Statistics and Probability
For General Aptitude
- Mathematical reasoning
- Sets and Relations
Click Here to check the complete syllabus for NATA 2018 Syllabus pdf
NATA Answer Key 2018
The answer key of NATA 2018 will be released for the Part A of the examination. No answer key will be provided for the Drawing test because it is subjective in nature. The candidates will be able to use the answer key to assess their performance in Part A and to know how much they will score in the examination.
- Candidates can check the previous year NATA Answer Key from – Here
NATA 2018 Result
NATA 2018 results will be published on June 4, 2018, on the official website of NATA after the successful commencement of the aptitude test. It will be released as per the scheduled date. No review will be available for the drawing test. Further, there will be no provision for post-publication scrutiny and /or review request after the publication of the result. To check the results candidate need to visit the official website at nata.nic.in.The result will be published in the form of score card which will indicate the marks of the candidate in the Aptitude Test. Candidates shall be able to know their performance in the given format that is given below:
- Marks obtained in each component and out of 200
The Qualifying marks have been decided by the Council of Architecture.To get admission in B.Arch candidate must satisfy the mentioned criteria-
|MCQ||Minimum 25% (30 out of 120)|
|Drawing||Minimum 25% (20 out of 80)|
|Overall Qualifying marks||Overall qualifying marks will be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the council.|
NATA 2018 Contact Details:
Address: Council of Architecture
India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Fl, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Telephone Number: (011) 79412100 Fax: (011) 24647746
Helpdesk E-mail ID: [email protected]
For more information on NATA 2018, you can download information brochure.