NBE FET Counselling 2018 is conducted under the supervision of National Board of Examination. The process of counselling is commencing after the results for NBE FET 2018 has been announced. The results for FET 2018 has been announced on February 28, 2018. It is a centralised counselling process for admissions through FET 2018. The counselling process will be held in both online and offline modes. Candidates who score the qualifying marks is called for the counselling process. The qualifying percent for FET 2018 is 50%. It is expected that there will be 3 counselling sessions held for NBE FET 2018. The schedule for counselling procedure has been updated on the website. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to Fellowship Programme (2018 admission session) at various NBE accredited Institutions in India can participate in the counselling. Candidates can check the counselling process, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and other information on this page below.
NBE FET Counselling 2018
Candidates have to download their rank letters which is available on the official website before they participate in the counselling process. Final Seat matrix will be displayed at the counselling venue before the commencement of counselling process. The information regarding vacant seats shall also be made available on NBE website. Candidates can check the schedule and the important events from the table below.
|Declaration of Results||28 Feb 2018|
|Date of Centralized Merit Based Counseling||04 & 05 Apr 2018|
|Date of 2nd round of Centralized Merit Based Counseling||28 May 2018|
Detailed schedule of 2nd round of Centralized Merit Based Counseling
- Click here to check the list of eligible candidate for FET 2nd round counseling 2018.
- Click Here to download the schedule for second Round of Merit based Centralized Counseling for NBE FET 2018.
Eligibility for Counselling
Candidates should fulfil the eligibility criterias laid down by NBE for the counselling rounds. Hence, to help the candidates we have listed a few criteria below for their reference.
- Candidate pursuing any other post graduate/Post doctoral medical course can join a FNB seat only after he/she resigns from such course. Seat allotment letter to such candidate shall be issued by NBE (within the admission calendar) only if the candidate has been relieved and discharged from the institution/college/hospital from where he/she is undergoing such postgraduate medical course.
- If ineligibility is detected at any stage, NBE reserves its rights to take necessary actions as deemed fit including but not limited to cancellation of admission to FNB course and to debar the candidate from taking any further examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates absent/not participating in any round of counseling either in-person or through online (opt out) shall not be eligible for participation in subsequent rounds(s) of counseling. i.e. Attending the previous round of counseling in person or through online mode is essential to make the candidate eligible for the subsequent round of counseling (if any).
- Candidates joining Fellowship Programme for 2018 admission session, after opting a confirmed seat through NBE FET Centralized Counseling shall not be eligible to appear in NBE FET and shall not be eligible for another FNB seat for the entire duration of their Fellowship Programme (i.e. for 2 years). This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Candidates who are pursuing FNB course are not eligible to appear or participate in counseling till such time they have not completed the duration of the prescribed course.
- NBE reserves its rights to alter/amend or modify or interpret any clause/criteria/guidelines contained in this handbook pertaining to Centralized Counseling.
NBE FET Merit Based Centralized Counselling Procedure
Station A (Registration Area cum document & Identity Verification Area)
- Attendance of all the present candidates shall be taken.
- Candidates shall be briefed about the counselling process and will be provided with a ‘counselling kit’. Candidates shall have to deposit a fee.
- The original documents of every candidate shall be verified at the designated registration counters.
- Candidates without prescribed original documents shall not be allowed to participate in the counselling.
- The candidates should report at the counselling venue on time as mentioned in their Rank letter on the day of scheduled counselling. This will allow time for identity verification and checking in for participation in the counselling.
- Identity checks shall be made upon arrival at the counselling venue to ensure that there are no unauthorized candidates participating in the counselling.
- Candidates are required to bring one of the following Govt issued valid identity card in original at the time of counselling:
- PAN card
- Indian Passport
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card (with photograph)
- MCI/SMC Registration certificate bearing photograph of the candidate
- No other ID proof shall be accepted.
Station B (Seat availability status area)
- After verification of the documents is complete, the candidate will be asked to move to station B in order of his/her Fellowship Programme specific merit position.
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to go through the available seat matrix on Computers wherein they can look for the available seats in the Fellowship Programme of their choice.
- Parents/relatives/guardians are not permitted at this station. However, use of phone by the candidate is permitted at station B.
- Candidates are advised to shortlist the institution of their choice at this station. The final allotment shall be done at Station C.
Station C (Seat allotment area)
- Candidates will thereafter move to station C in order of their Fellowship Programme specific merit position.
- A counselling panel comprising of eminent subject experts shall display the vacant seat position to the candidates and guide and counsel them to arrive at their final decision.
- Candidate at this station has to opt either for a confirmed seat or express his/her willingness to participate in subsequent round of counselling if any and an undertaking to this effect shall be furnished by the candidate in writing.
- Candidates opting for a confirmed seat shall be given a seat allotment letter at station C subjected to fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- If a candidate is employed or under any kind of bond, he/she has to furnish a ‘No Objection Certificate and/or Relieving letter’ issued by competent authority of concerned University I Employer before the cut off date prescribed to join the FNB course in case he/she decides to opt for a confirmed seat. The seat allotment letter to such candidates will be issued only after a copy of ‘No Objection Certificate and/or Relieving letter’ is submitted to NBE.
- Use of mobile phone by the candidates is not permitted at station C. Cooperation of candidates is solicited for not using the mobile phone at station C.
- After verification of his/her details mentioned in the seat allotment letter, the candidate can leave the counselling venue.
Document required at the time of Counselling
Candidates have to bring the following documents in ORIGINAL.
- Rank Letter downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in or from above link.
- In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same marks, the Tie Breaker criteria for NBE FET Cetnralized counselling for Admission to Fellowship Programme 2018 Admission Session shall be adopted, the relevant documents to resolve the tie shall be produced by the candidate at the time of counselling.
- MBBS Degree certificate.
- Post Graduate Medical Qualification Pass certificate/ Provisional Pass Certificate# of qualifying examination (MD/MS/DM/MCh/DNB).
- Permanent Registration certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council for registration of MBBS qualification.
- Proofof Post Graduate Medical Qualification (MD/MS/DM/MCh) recognized as per IMC Act/Central Government.
- Proof of declaration of result of Post Graduate Medical Qualification (MD/MS/DM/MCh/DNB) on or before 31 December 2017.
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth.
- Any document (Bonafide certificate/Mark sheet/Attempt Certificate etc issued by concerned institution/medical college) confirming the name of the institution/medical college from where the Post Graduate Medical qualification (MD/MS/DM/MCh) was pursued.
- Any other relevant certificate or document.
Official Website: www.natboard.edu.in
For more details of NBE FET 2018 Counselling – Download Handbook