NEET 2020 Analysis – National Testing Agency (NTA) has conducted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020. The exam started at 2.00 pm and ended at 5.00 pm. Through India, the exam was held in 3843 centers, successfully. Before, during, and after the exam the COVID protocols were followed and all the fake news of disasters at the center has been addressed by NTA on Twitter. As per the paper analysis of NEET 2020 by the students, the level of difficulty in the exam was moderate. This year in NEET 2020, Physics and Chemistry were moderate. Whereas, Biology was tricky and lengthy. Overall the paper was moderate. Check more details on NEET 2020 analysis, student reactions, and more details from this page.
NEET 2020 Analysis
As per the experts the overall paper had 145 questions from NCERT out of the 180 questions asked in the exam. Below is the detailed analysis by the experts for each section of NEET 2020:
NEET 2020 Analysis for Chemistry
- Difficulty level: Easy questions were 62.2%, Moderate questions were 31.1% and hard questions were 6.7%
- Topics asked: Physical chemistry was 31.1% in the paper, Inorganic chemistry was at 40% and organic was 28.9%
- Class wise distribution: Class 11 – 46.7% and Class 12 – 53.3%
NEET 2020 Analysis for Physics
- Difficulty level: Easy questions were 66.7%, Moderate questions were 26.7% and hard questions were 6.7%
- Topics asked: Optics and modern physics was 15.6%, Mechanics 37.8%, current electricity 17.8%, heath and thermodynamics 8.9%, and electrostatics and magnetism was at 20%.
- Class wise distribution: Class 11 – 46.7% and Class 12 – 53.3%
NEET 2020 Analysis for Biology
- Difficulty level: Easy questions were 16.7%, Moderate questions were 33.3% and hard questions were 50%
- Topics asked: Ecology was at 17%, Biology in Humans 14.9%, genetics 17%, Reproduction 18.5%, Plan physiology 17%, Structural biology 10.6% and Diversity in the living beings 14.9%
- Class wise distribution: Class 11 – 51.1% and Class 12 – 48.9%
NEET 2020 Analysis as Per Students Reactions
Initial Students reactions of the Difficulty level
The analysis below is as per the initial reaction of the students. NTA will declare the result of all the NEET 2020 appeared candidates within 1 month. This year the result can be expected a bit early as the academic year has already been delayed by a big deal due to COVID-19.
- Overall paper was easy. But there were some tricky questions in the exam.
- The paper was like 2019.
- Biology was tricky and lengthy
- The cutoff might go high as per the students.
- Many questions were from NCERT
- In Biology 1 or 2 numerical came from genetics.
- In chemistry, most of the questions were from organic
|Section||Difficulty level||Remarks by students|
|Physics||Moderate||Conceptual and formula based|
|Biology||Easy but tricky and lengthy||Thorough reading of NCERT is must|
|Chemistry||Moderate||Conceptual and formula based|
|Overall||Easy to Moderate||Solving previous year question papers helped|
How was the arrangements inside the exam centre – students reaction
- The arrangements were extremely good. Very organized, no social distancing norms were avoided.
- In centers, candidates were given gloves, masks, and a biscuit packet.
- There were 2 invigilators per class having only 12 students.
What were the question paper codes this year?
Some of the question paper codes this year were: E2, F2, G2, H2.
NEET 2020 Answer Key and Question papers soon!
Now that the exam is over candidates can get NEET 2020 question paper with answer keys – Click here to get the PDFs of answer key and question paper.
OMR of answer sheets will be displayed by NTA soon
NTA will also display the OMR copies of the candidates under the respective logins of the candidates. The OMR display will have the copies of the answer marked by the candidates on the exam day.
Last year cutoff for NEET 2020
|Category||NEET cutoff percentile||2019||2018|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th||133-120||118-107|
NEET 2020 Scene at Exam Center
- Students with high temperature were asked to relax, drink water to lower the body temperature.
- Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal tweets about the NEET 2020 exam centre arrangements and SOP.
- Strict social distancing was followed while checking the admit card of NEET 2020 at the centres
- Students were checked for temperature using the thermo guns and were instructed to wear masks and gloves before entering the exam centre gates.
- Students and relatives appreciated the arrangements at the exam centres.
- Social distancing has been very well followed inside the exam centre gates. However, outside the gates the situation was quite not up to the mark.Parents were crowding outside the centre, even after the authorities were regularly instructed them to maintain the social distancing.
Students reporting at the exam centre
- Many students arrived late at the centre. They were not allowed to take the exam and were returned back from the gates.
- Strict dress code was followed at the exam centre. Girls were seen removing ear rings and clips before getting into the exam centre.
- Some students reported that they were charged money for providing photo at the exam center. However, NTA cleared that this service is free of cost as per NTA’s instructions.
- At many centres across the nations, the centre functionaries made announcements reciting the rules and regulations for COVID-19 SOPs.
- In Kolkata metros were specially open today for the NEET aspirants.
- Students reported at the exam centre with masks and gloves on. They waited outside the exam centre and were busy with their last minute revisions.
Good luck poured in from many dignitaries for all NEET 2020 aspirants:
Highlights of NEET 2020 Exam
Here is a brief of the NEET 2020 exam and the exam pattern:
NEET 2020 was held in offline mode across the nation. The exam consists of MCQ type questions. There is one single question that is divided into 3 sections that are Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Since the exam is held in offline mode, there are various sets of question papers prepared. The questions in each of the paper vary a little from one another.
The paper pattern of NEET 2020:
|Section||Total Question||Total Marks|
Marking scheme of the Exam:
- 4 marks for a correct answer.
- Negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answers.
How was the NEET 2020 Exam Last Year
To compare NEET 2020 exam from last year’s exam, we have given below the previous year analysis of the exam here:
Biology Section: This was the easiest section of the exam. Most of the questions were from NCERT and were conceptually based.
Chemistry Section: Most of the questions in the exam were from Organic Chemistry. Some questions were also asked from Physical and Inorganic Part. Overall, the level of difficulty in this section was moderate.
Physics Section: For many students, this was the toughest section in the exam. The questions in the exam were concept and application based.
Weightage of class 11 and 12 syllabus:
- Almost same weight-age was given to topics from both classes.
- Candidates who knew the basics would not have faced much trouble.
Compared to last year: The exam was easier than 2018 exam.
About NEET 2020
National Testing Agency holds NEET in offline mode and across various test centers across the nation. From 2020, NEET remains the only UG medical entrance exam. AIIMS and JIPMER, from now on, shall admit students based on NEET scores only. Cracking the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) allows the candidates to take admission in 15% All India Quota seats via MCC counselling. The rest of the seats is offered via state counselling and are distributed among the states. For 15% All India seats the candidates who score up to 50 percentile in the general category are selected.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.