NEET 2020 Dress Code – Candidates who will be appearing for NEET 2020 tomorrow are required to follow the dress code specified by NTA. This includes the clothing, footwear, and other items that are to be worn during the examination. This dress code is applicable to both male and female candidates in order to prevent any malpractices or cheating during the exam. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is mandatory to wear the mask and gloves inside the exam center. Under no circumstances, the candidates without wearing masks and gloves shall be allowed to give the examination. Check the details about NEET 2020 dress code from this page.
NEET 2020 Dress Code
Before entering inside NEET 2020 examination centre, the candidates will be frisked thoroughly. The frisking will be done with the metal detectors. The dress code has to be followed by every NEET 2020 male and female aspirants. Check the dress code given below.
- Do not wear any ornaments or jewelry like nose pin, earrings, anklets, rings, etc.
- Tie the hair in a simple pony or appear at the examination hall with open hair.
- Wear light color clothes.
- The girls can wear Kurti, a shirt, a t-shirt.
- The clothes with long or full sleeves are not allowed.
- The print on the clothes should not be heavy. It must not be heavily embroidery. Avoid wearing clothes with quotes.
- The dupatta / scarves are not allowed with a salwar-suit.
- Avoid wearing layered clothes.
- Avoid wearing high heels. Sandals / slippers with low heels are allowed.
- Shoes are also strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Any footwear with thick soles is not allowed.
- Jeans or Leggings are not allowed inside the examination hall. Loose pants or simple pants / palazzos are allowed.
- Clothes with big buttons are not allowed.
- The male candidates are also advised to wear half sleeves t-shirts / shirts.
- The shirts / t-shirts must not have big quotes.
- The clothes worn by the male candidates must be light.
- Jeans are also not allowed.
- Avoid wearing clothes with big buttons, pockets, and clothes with elaborate embroidery.
- Simple pants and loose trousers are allowed. Kurta Pyjama is not allowed.
- Shoes are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. So, wear chappals / sandals with thin soles.
NEET 2020 Dress Code – Customary Dress
The candidates belonging to certain communities are required to follow the dress code given below.
- Sikh candidates are allowed to carry traditional kangha, kara, kirpan inside the exam center.
- Wearing burkha (for female candidates) is allowed inside the exam center
Reporting at the exam centre: The candidates who wear customary or cultural dress must report at NEET 2020 examination cente 01 hour before the scheduled time. For the completion of frisking formalities, these candidates have to report early.
What to Carry Inside NEET 2020 Exam Centre?
The candidates that are allowed to be carried inside NEET 2020 exam centre are given below.
- Mask on face
- Gloves on hands
- Personal small hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
- NEET 2020 admit card
- Self declaration as generated with the admit card
- A valid id proof
- A passport size photograph
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- One postcard size (4 x 6 cm) coloured photograph with white background to be pasted in the proforma downloaded along with the admit card
- Letter of undertaking (for scribe candidates)
PWD certificate in NEET 2020 means – Any candidates who fall under the person with disability category have to take with them a PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority. The aspirants who claimed the PwD category relaxation in their application form must take this certificate at the exam center for verification and as a proof.
Note: The diabetic students are allowed to carry the eatables like sugar tables / fruits (apples, banana, orange) and transparent water bottle inside the examination hall. The food items like chocolate / candy / sandwich etc and other packed food are not allowed to be taken inside the examination hall.
Barred Items for NEET 2020
The candidates must not carry the following items inside the examination hall.
|Any printed or textual material||Bits of papers|
|Log Table||Pen drives|
|Any watch / wristwatch||Bracelet|
|Metallic items||Any food items|
|Gemetry box / pencil box||Plastic Pouch|
Is Pen allowed in NEET Exam 2020?
Well as per the information brochure of NEET 2020, Pen is not allowed inside the exam center. However, as per the COVID-19 advisory for holding entrance exams, it has been stated that candidates must carry their own stationery items and not share it with others. As per it, the candidates must carry their own pens.
In case of NEET, it advisable that candidates must take their own pen at the centre. If the pen is not permitted then they can leave it outside at a designated place.
About NEET 2020
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) is an entrance examination conducted by NTA. It is a pen-paper based test. NEET is conducted for the admission into MBBS / BDS and other UG medical courses. There are 180 multiple-choice questions in the test.
The questions are framed from Biology, Physics, and Chemistry subjects. Each questions is 04 marks. There is a negative marking of 01 marks in case of incorrect answers. After qualifying NEET 2020, the qualified candidates can take admission in recognized medical / dental and other colleges / institutes in India.
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.