NEET 2020 Exam Day Guidelines – National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) 2020 on September 13, 2020. The examination will be held in pen and paper mode, from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm. NTA will hold the exam in 3843 centers, throughout India. Since the examination is being held in the mid of pandemic, various precautions will be taken in the place. However, candidates also need to follow NEET exam day guidelines and COVID SOP. The details of these are as follows.
NEET 2020 Reporting and Exam Time
Let us start by knowing the NEET 2020 reporting and exam schedule.
|Particulars||Date and Time|
|NEET Exam Date||September 13, 2020|
|Duration of Exam||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (3 hours)|
|Last entry in the examination hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in the examination room||1:15 PM|
|Announcement of exam Instructions and Checking of Admit Cards by the Exam Invigilator||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of the test booklet||1:45 PM|
|Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the candidates||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of examination||2:00 PM|
|Test Concludes at||5:00 PM|
NEET 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
NTA has released advisory regarding COVID-19 for all functionaries at the exam official website, ntaneet.nic.in. The objective of the advisory is to ensure that safe environment is offered to the aspirants appearing for the entrance exam, maintaining social distancing, integrate measures with existing processes/ procedures / controls, etc. NTA will follow the guidelines for the three stages of the exam day which are –
Pre examination Guidelines
The following activities will be done by the staff / exam invigilator and is to be followed by the students during the start of the exam –
Carry these documents for the exam
- A-4 size colored print our of NEET 2020 admit card.
- One passport size photo (same as the one uploaded in the application form).
- One post card size photo of size “4X6”.
- One valid id proof like – PAN card, Driving license, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar card, Ration Card, Class XII roll number issued by the board, any other valid ID card issued by Govt of India.
- PwD certificate, if applicable.
- Letter of undertaking for Scribe, if applicable.
- Mask, hand gloves, transparent water bottle, hand sanitizer (50 mL),
Management of crowd inside the exam centre – Queue manager / ropes will be placed in such a way so as to funnel candidates within the roped area. Only up to 20 girls and 20 boys can stand in the same line.
What will be done after Entry into centre?
- As per the staggered time slots mentioned on the admit card, candidates will be allowed entry inside the exam center.
- As they enter the exam center, at the registration room, their body temperature will be checked. If the temperature is (< 37.4°C/99.4°F), they are allowed to move to frisk personnel for frisking.
- Aspirants show the necessary documents like admit card, id proof, etc to the exam invigilator.
- After this, the invigilator checks seat allocation chart & direct the aspirant to their examination room as per roll number.
- The students will be allowed inside the registration room in a batch of 10.
Special case – If temperature is (> 37.4°C/99.4°F), they will be taken to Isolation Room. They will have to take the examination alone in a separate room.
How will be frisking done for the candidates?
Body pat frisking is prohibited as per the social distancing norms. Frisking will be done using the metal detectors, hence, it is advised to the students to not to wear any kind of metallic ornament or carry any electronic device inside the exam centre.
Guideline to be following During the examination
After the candidates have been directed to their room for the entrance exam, the following is to be done –
- Manual Attendance and Handwriting sample at the candidate seat will be done.
- Videography / CCTV live streaming will be done in each examination room.
- No thumb impression will be taken, instead, candidates will have to give signature (while wearing hand gloves) on the manual attendance sheet.
- Before going to the washroom, you will need to take permission from the exam invigilator.
- A housekeeping staff will be present inside the washroom, disinfecting it and making sure that candidates wash their hands before leaving the washroom.
Guidelines to be followed After the Exam Concludes
Once the exam concludes, the next thing is to ensure that students safely go outside the examination room and exam centre. The following guideline is to be followed after the exam is over:
- Only one candidate at a time will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner outside the exam centre.
- Gloves and masks as used by the students are to be disposed of in a pedal push covered bin at the Examination Centre and outside the examination room / hall only.
NEET 2020 Self-Declaration
Another thing which a candidate must not forget is ‘self-declaration’. Candidates need to fill in details in self declaration which is a crucial part of the COVID-19 precautions. To fill the self-declaration, you will need to do the following –
- Whether you have had flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- If you have been in contact with anyone who is infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- If you have traveled to/from any city/country in the past 14 days?
Once the self-declaration form is completed, candidates will need to complete their admit card. For this, they will need to do the following –
- Paste your passport size photo on the space provided on the admit card.
- Put the impression of your left-hand thumb in the provided space.
- Parent / Guardian need to sign on the NEET admit card n the space provided.
Very important – Candidates do not need to sign in the space on the admit card as it is to be done in front of the invigilator on the exam day only.
FAQs on NEET 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
Ques. Is jeans / palazzo allowed in NEET 2020 for female?
Ques. Do I have to write the exam while wearing gloves?
Ques. What will happen if I forget any one document for the entrance exam?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.