National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced that it is extending the deadline for NEET 2020 registration. Now the last date to fill and submit the application form for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test at ntaneet.nic.in is January 6, 2020, whereas initially it was supposed to be December 31, 2019.
NEET 2020 Registration Last Date
The new deadlines for online submission of application form and payment of fees stand as follows, for the national level medical entrance exam being conducted by NTA.
|NEET 2020 Registration||Old Dates||New Dates|
|Last date for NEET registration 2020||31 Dec 2019 (11:50 pm)||06 Jan 2020 (11:50 pm)|
|Last date for successful transaction of fee||01 Jan 2020 (11:50 pm)||07 Jan 2020 (11:50 pm)|
Why has NTA decided to extend the deadline?
The National Testing Agency took the decision in order to facilitate registrations from those candidates who could not apply earlier due to heavy rush on the website. NTA received a number of requests for the same.
Will any other date be affected due to this?
As per the public notice dated December 31, 2019, announcing the extension of dates, no other date is being impacted due to this decision. In fact the date for form corrections will also remain unchanged, as January 15 to 31, 2020. If there is any other change in any other date, candidates can check them from the official website ntaneet.nic.in as well as nta.ac.in.
You can read the complete notification regarding extension of registration dates for NEET 2020 here.
About NEET 2020 Registration / Application Form
The responsibility of hosting, accepting, processing applications for NEET exam is upon NTA. Key details pertaining to the process are as follows.
- NEET 2020 application form is available online at ntaneet.nic.in.
- The application fee is Rs 1500 for general, Rs 1400 for EWS / OBC, Rs 800 for SC / ST / PWD / Transgender candidates.
- During registration, candidates need to upload different documents as scanned copies.
Documents to be uploaded in the NEET 2020 form are:
|Name of document||Size of document|
|Passport size photograph||10 to 200 kb|
|Post card size photograph||50 to 300 kb|
|Signature||4 to 30 kb|
|Left hand thumb impression||10 to 50 kb|
|Class 10 passing certificate||100 to 400 kb|
About NEET 2020
For any 10+2 student who wishes to pursue a career in medicine, appearing in the NTA NEET exam is a must. Here is a gist of the exam.
- NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by NTA yearly for medical aspirants.
- It is the gateway for admissions to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS courses.
- The exam is pen and paper based, with 180 questions of 720 marks.
- There are 45 questions from physics, 45 from chemistry, and 90 from biology.
- Four (4) marks are awarded for correct answer, and one (1) mark is deducted as negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Duration of the test shall be 3 hours.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.