NEET 2020 Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is out. It includes pre-examination controls / measures, exam conduct controls / measures at examination centres, and post-examination controls / measures at examination centers, etc. National Testing Agency (NTA) has released detailed NEET 2020 SPO as a guideline for all the students and the staff member, who will be available at the exam center on September 13, 2020.
NTA has released NEET 2020 admit card on August 26, 2020 at ntaneet.nic.in. The candidates can download the same using their application number, password and date of birth – Download admit card here.
NEET 2020 SOP for Pre Exam
The pre exam guidelines that NTA has laid down includes the following:
Allocation of candidate at examination centres:
- Candidates need to maintain space as per the social distancing norms.
- Seating Plan will allow candidates to sit at a safe distance from each other as per social distancing norms.
So that there is no crowd in the exam center, the candidates will be called to report at the centers in different time slots. The candidates can check the time slots on their respective admit cards.
Providing masks and gloves:
- Gloves & Masks for all staff on examination duty will be provided.
- Gloves & Masks for candidates will b also provided in case they do not come with their own. Without them, candidates will not be allowed to enter the center.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at entry and inside the exam centers.
- Also, there will be abundant arrangements of Spray bottles, sponges / cloth for disinfecting items such as desk / table, door handles, etc.
- There will be the availability of Disinfectant liquid with 1% sodium hypochlorite for spraying in the centers.
- Disinfectant backpack spray machines for spraying floors, walls, etc will be also made available so that the centers can be sanitized before and after the exam.
- All staff and students will enter the exam hall only after the temperature check using thermo guns.
- Additional notice boards will be available at the center so that the clutter of students and parents can be avoided.
- There will be ropes to manage social distancing and marking and floors to direct the candidates in and out of the center.
Items permitted into the examination room / hall for Candidates
- The candidates ill be allowed to enter the exam hall only if they have masks on the face, gloves on hand, and exam-related documents.
- Apart from that candidates are allowed to carry a personal transparent water bottle and personal small hand sanitizer (50 ml)
Flowchart for exam day precautions before the start of the NEET 2020 exam
The candidates can check the below given flow of process to be followed at NEET 2020 exam centres. This has been officially drawn by NTA.
NEET 2020 SOP for Frisking of Candidates At Entry
The candidates will not be going through any physical risking at the exam centers. Frisking will be done by metal detector held with a long handle, making sure that the detector is not in physical contact with the bodies of the candidates.
For the registration desk, there will be approximately 3 feet distance. The candidates will display the documents for the exam functionary to view without touching the document.
NEET 2020 SOP for During Examination
While the exam is going on the candidate’s manual attendance with signature (while wearing gloves) will be taken. No thumb impression will be taken. Manual attendance and handwriting sample at the candidate seat.
NEET 2020 SOP for Post Examination
On completion of the exam, the candidates should be permitted to move out in an orderly manner – One candidate at a time. The gloves and masks should be disposed of in a pedal push covered bin at the exam centers and outside the examination room / hall only. Volunteers will be present along the exit path to ensure the orderly movement of candidates.
What to Carry on NEET 2020 Exam Day?
The candidates are required to carry the following things inside the NEET 2020 exam centre.
- A printed copy of NEET 2020 admit card along with passport size photograph affixed on it
- A valid id proof (aadhar card / voter id / driving license / passport / ration card / 12th class roll number issued by the board / any other photo id issued by the govt)
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Scribe (Letter of undertaking) if applicable
- One passport size photograph (same as upload during application process – to be affixed on the attendance sheet)
- Proforma download with the admit card (One postcard size(4 x 6 cm) coloured photograph with white background must be affixed on it)
Apart from these documents, other things allowed inside NEET 2020 exam centre are:
- Mask on face
- Gloves on hands
- A personal transparent water bottle
- A personal small hand sanitizer (50 ml)
About NEET 2020
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into MBBS / BDS courses and other undergraduate medical courses. The candidates are given 3 hours to complete the test.
In the test, multiple-choice questions are asked from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology. For each correct answer, 04 marks are awarded and for each wrong answer, 01 mark is deducted. Through NEET, the candidates can take admission in recognized medical / dental and other colleges / institutes situated in India.
Read the full NEET 2020 SOP by NTA – click here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.