NEET Eligibility and Reservation 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those administered under any other law. The exam is to be conducted on 2020 on May 03, 2020. Candidates aspiring to appear in NEET 2020 must satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by NTA. Candidates who fulfill all the given conditions by NTA should then apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). The eligibility of the candidate is not verified at the time of applying online, however, it is verified at the time of counselling by MCC and the respective state counselling authorities. Here you can check the NEET eligibility criteria 2020 from this page.
NEET Eligibility and Reservation 2020
NEET score is accepted all over India in all medical colleges. MHRD has also confirmed that admission in AIIMS and JIPMER will also be done through NEET 2020. The admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will also be made through NEET. Those who are in the top 50th percentile are eligible for admission in All India 15% quota seats, whereas rest of the candidates are eligible for admission in seats under States/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria by NTA
Candidates can check here the eligibility criteria as given by NTA for NEET 2020 entrance exam. Those who fulfilll the eligibility requirement can proceed to apply for the entrance exam.
#Criteria 1. Age Limit
Age limit is one of the most important eligibility criteria for NEET aspirants. Check the age limit criteria for NEET 2020 below.
- Candidates must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- The upper age limit of the candidate is 25 years as on the date of examination.
- There is a relaxation of 05 years for reserved category candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC and PWBD.
|1. For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS |
2. For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category
|born on or before 31. 12. 2003|
Are Candidates older than 25 years old eligible to apply for NEET 2020?
The issue of the upper age limit is still in court. However, as of now, the candidates who are above 25 years of age can apply for NEET provisionally. The admission of such candidates shall be dependent on the final verdict of the court to whether or not keep upper afe limit in NEET 2020.
Accordingly, the eligibility conditions concerning age limit have been updated as under:
#Criteria 2. Nationality
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
#Criteria 3. Educational Qualification
Candidates can check the academic requirement to appear in the entrance exam from below. You must fulfill any of the following academic requirement codes.
- Student who is appearing in Class 12th exam in the year 2020 and their result is awaited are eligible to apply for NEET 2020 entrance exam. However, their admission will be provisional till they do not submit the certificate in proof of fulfilling the qualifyign examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects and expect to pass the examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply.
Code 2. Candidates should have passed Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2. Should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (including practical tests) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by NCERT.
Candidates who have qualified 10+2 from open school or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for NEET 2020. Moreover, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible. However, the candidature of candidates in the NEET (UG)-2020 who have passed the qualifying examinations with above condition shall be allowed but subject to the outcome of Special Leave Petitions/Appeals filed by the Medical Council of India).
Code 3. Should have passed the Intermediate / pre-degree exam in Science from a recognized body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (including practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code 4. Should have passed pre-professional / pre-medical exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology & English after passing either HSE or the Pre-University or an equiv exam. The Pre-professional / Pre-medical exam shall include practical tests in these subjects and also should have passed in English as a compulsory subject. OR
Code 5. Those who have passed the first year of the degree course of 3 years from a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology including practical tests in these subjects are also eligible to apply. Furthermore, a candidate should have passed the earlier qualifying examination with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology) with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
Code 6. Those who have a BSc degree from a recognised Indian university are also eligible. Such candidates should have passed the BSc exam with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and should have passed 10+2 with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English. OR
Code 7. Candidates who have passed any other exam which is in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology; which shall include practical test in these subjects) and is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board. Furthmore, candidates should have studied and passed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
Educational Qualification for Foreign National
Students who have studied abroad and wish to seek admssion in medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level. They should have obtained 50% marks and their equivalency determined by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as per regulations of the MCI and the concerned University.
#Criteria 4. Passing Marks in Qualifying exam
Candidates should have obtained the following percentage of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology taken together in any of the above mentioned qualifying exam.
|SC / ST / OBC||40%|
NEET 2020 Eligibility for Seats Under AIIMS and JIPMER
- Candidates must be a citizen of India / OCI / NRI / POI.
- Foreign candidates can also get admission in medical / dental / unani / ayurveda / homeopathy given that they are as per the rules and regulations by state govt. or institutions or govt. of India.
- Foreign candidates need to confirm their eligibility to concerned medical / dental / unani / ayurveda / homeopathy college or state.
- Also, they must satisfy all the eligibility criteria that are needed to appear for NEET 2020.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for 15% All India Quota seats
The following candidates are eligible for admission 15% All India quota seats.
- Candidates must be an Indian national, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or a foreign national.
- Candidates who belong from J&K state are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats, however, if a candidate claim eligibility, they need to submit the online Self-Declaration which is generated alongwith confirmation page and have to show the same at the time of counselling. However, such candidates can apply for NEET 2020 for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
For Jammu and Kashmir candidates:
1. Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of All India Scheme since its inception.
2. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online self-declaration which is generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page.
3. Since J&K Reorganization Act, 2019 has come into effect, NTA has requested UT of J&K to consider for participation in the 15% All India Quota. However, the decision in this regard is still pending and is subjected to the final outcome.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Other Seats
The eligibility criteria for 15% All India quota and for the state quota seats differ from each other. Check the eligibility criteria for seats under the control of States / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU / central pool quota from below.
- As far as the nationality is considered, Indian nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2020.
- Foreign national candidates shall have to confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical / Dental college / State.
Reservation in NEET 2020
NTA prepares an All India Merit List of the qualified candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. Candidates are offered admission on the basis of the list in MBBS/BDS courses as per the existing reservation policy. Candidates can check the reservation of seats in All India quota and seat quota seats in the table below.
Reservation of seats in government medical colleges under 15% All India Quota
The following percentage of seats are reserved for the categories:
Note: In case of seats filled by the State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions /Private Medical colleges under other than 15%. All India Quota, the reservation policy of the concerned State Govt. shall apply.
About NEET 2020
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level test which is conducted to shortlist candidates for admission in MBBS/ BDS courses. The entrance exam is being conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) from the year, earlier, it is was conducted by CBSE. NTA is responsible for conducting the entrance exam, declaration of result and for providing All India Rank Merit List to the DGHS for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for providing the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) established the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is responsible for conducting various entrance exams for admission in numerous courses. The responsibility of the NTA will be confined to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.