|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
It is the dream of every class 12 biology student to get admission in a good medical or dental college. To achieve this, he / she has to score high in medical entrance exams. Since 2016, NEET has replaced the AIPMT or All India Pre Medical Test. So now you have to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 and grab a good rank in NEET merit list to compete for one of the thousands of seats in MBBS and BDS. Today we discuss how to get good marks in NEET 2017 with a focus on last 3 months of preparation.
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2017 – Application form of JIPMER MBBS 2017 available from March 27. Apply now.
|Name of exam||NEET 2017 – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Exam conducting body||CBSE|
|Courses offered||MBBS, BDS|
|Significance||As per the order by Hon. Supreme Court of India, NEET will now be the only medical entrance exam for MBBS and BDS admission in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS and JIPMER). Medical and dental colleges will fill seats of MBBS and BDS by the score of NEET examination only.|
|The language of question paper||English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.|
Candidates who wish to get admission into MBBS / BDS can apply for NEET exam online by filling the form on the official website. Submit NEET Application Form 2017 as per instructions and before the last date.
NEET 2017 Preparation In 3 Months
CBSE conducts NEET in May. Students start panicking a bit about medical entrance exam from December / January; largely because they have to work on board exams also. The first thing to keep in mind in such a situation is to keep calm and ensure simultaneous preparation for NEET 2017 and class 12 board exam.
We divide here the NEET 2017 preparation into five segments.
- Complete all topics given in NEET 2017 syllabus
- Develop ability to solve multiple choice questions
- Improve speed and accuracy for medical entrance exam
- Practice mock tests and sample papers
- Tips and tricks to score high in NEET 2017
Get NEET 2017 exam pattern: NEET 2017 exam pattern
Complete all topics given in NEET 2017 syllabus
NEET 2017 is among the three medical entrance exams in India now. Except for NEET you may appear for following medical entrance exams
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2017 – Details announced
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2017 – Details announced
Syllabus of NEET 2017 exam is same as that of AIPMT, with few variations. If you have been preparing for medical entrance exams based on AIPMT syllabus of physics, chemistry, biology, that is fine. Just go through official NEET 2017 syllabus once and check that you have covered all topics. If not, you may want to refer to NCERT textbooks to complete remaining topics. Here are the topics for each subject you can focus on.
Physics for NEET Exam
Most important topics for NEET 2017 physics
Following data is based on an analysis of last few years AIPMT / NEET exams physics question paper.
|Name of topic||Weightage (%)|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||13%|
|SHM and Waves||7%|
|Properties of Matter||5%|
Chemistry for NEET Exam
Most important topics for NEET 2017 chemistry
Following data is based on an analysis of last few years AIPMT / NEET exams chemistry question paper.
|Name of topic||Weightage (%)|
Biology for NEET Exam
Most important topics for NEET 2017 biology
Following data is based on an analysis of last few years AIPMT / NEET exams biology question paper.
|Name of topic||Weightage (%)|
|Diversity in the living world||14%|
|Genetics and evolution||11%|
|Biotechnology and its application||11%|
|Biology and human welfare||9%|
|Structural organization in plants and animals||9%|
|Cell structure and functions||7%|
|Ecology and environment||7%|
Know complete NEET 2017 Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Develop ability to solve multiple choice questions
NEET 2017 is a pen-and-paper based test (this is important to note since many exams that CBSE conducts are now online). All questions in NEET exam are multiple choice questions. In the exam, you can read the question, solve it, and then mark correct answer in OMR sheet. In an exam such as NEET, keep in mind following points.
- There will be one most appropriate answer, which is the correct answer. You need to mark only the correct answer in OMR answer sheet. Take special care to ensure that you fill in complete bubble properly.
- NEET exam has negative marking. This means that if you mark a wrong answer, marks will be deducted (1 mark deducted for every wrong answer). With this in mind, be careful of marking answers.
- The most advantageous point of MCQs is that for one-liner questions, even if you do not remember answer by just looking at a question, you can benefit from options.
You can develop the ability to solve multiple choice questions by some practice.
Solve MCQs chapter-wise for NEET. For this, you can refer to relevant books such as these.
29 Years Physics Chapterwise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT and NEET – Buy online
29 Years Chemistry Chapterwise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT and NEET – Buy online
29 Years Biology Chapterwise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT and NEET – Buy online
Improve speed and accuracy for medical entrance exam
NEET 2017 exam pattern suggests that there will be 180 questions, each of 4 marks. Thus maximum marks you can score in NEET is 720. Last year’s toppers who got first 10 ranks scored more than 668 / 720. To get such high marks, or even close, speed and accuracy are important.
Speed – You can solve more questions in a given time.
Accuracy – Number of questions you solve correctly arriving at correct answer is high.
For high speed and high accuracy, following tips are helpful.
- Do correct calculations. Many students tend to panic during exam and make silly mistakes. Avoiding silly mistakes will ensure your answers are correct and you do them faster.
- Revise short notes few days before NEET 2017 exam. If you have self-written notes, that is very good for preparation during last few days. If you lack such notes, request a good teacher who teaches students for NEET preparation to give you notes for last minute NEET 2017 revision. Referring to notes help you remember facts that are useful for answering one-liner questions.
- At the time of NEET 2017 preparation, try out alternate methods of solving a question. In other words, if you are able to solve a question in 5 steps versus 7 steps, the former method is better.
- Analyze NEET 2017 preparation every few days. Each time you solve questions and come across certain types of questions you are regularly solving incorrectly, focus on getting them right.
Practice mock tests and sample papers
NEET 2017 mock tests, NEET 2017 sample papers are abundantly available online as well as offline. You can practice one paper after another. Ideally, you can do two papers properly in a day.
This is the correct way to solve NEET mock tests and sample papers for preparation.
- First of all, sit in a proper table chair arrangement where none can disturb you for 3 hours.
- Set a timer or alarm for 3 hours.
- Print a sample OMR sheet.
- Open up NEET 2017 sample paper or NEET 2017 mock test.
- Start stopwatch or alarm and start solving questions.
- As soon as 3 hours end, stop solving the paper.
- Now check correct answers using answer keys given with NEET 2017 mock test or NEET 2017 sample paper.
- If any question was left, solve them also now.
- Analyze strengths (topics where you could answer all questions correctly), and weaknesses (topics where you could not answer most questions correctly).
Complete preparation guide for NEET: NEET 2017 Preparation for Class 12 Students
Tips and tricks to score high in NEET 2017
Hard work and dedication will help you score good marks in NEET 2017. Smart efforts will escalate marks as well as rank.
In last 3 months before NEET 2017 exam, you can ensure that you cover all topics of NEET. If there is any specific topic you have left out so far, ask a teacher to help you understand it quickly.
Solve multiple choice questions from good books and check progress at regular intervals.
If you have any doubts in any topic, do not hesitate to seek help. You can reach out to school teachers, teachers at coaching centers, or online tutors.
Solve at least last 10 years question papers of NEET / AIPMT. If you complete them, then solve at least last 10 year question papers of AIIMS. Once that is also done, solve previous year question papers of JIPMER.
If you have any queries on NEET 2017 Exam Preparation In 3 Months or How To Score High In NEET, please ask in comments below.