|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
NEF Law College Admission into Five Year Integrated law courses will be granted to the candidates who will qualify NEF Law Entrance Test. The NEF Law College, Guwahati organises this entrance test. The candidates willing to pursue Law as career shall apply for NEF Law Entrance Test. Read all the information about the NEF Law College Admission, Application Form, Entrance Test, Admit Card etc on this page.
NEF Law College Admission 2017 / NEF Law Entrance Test
The NEF Law Entrance Test works as the qualifying exam for the candidates to take admission to NEF Law College. Only those candidates will be selected for the admission who will qualify the exam subject to their eligibility. The process of NEF Law College Admission 2017 shall take place as per the schedule given below.
Schedule of events for NEF Law College Admission 2017
|Particulars||5 Year Law||3 Year Law||LL.M|
|Issue of Admission Form||03 Apr 2017||02 May 2017||–|
|Last Date of submission of Admission Form||17 Jun 2017||Will be announced shortly||–|
|Date of Admission Test||20 Jun 2017||–||–|
|Result will declared on||21 Jun 2017||–||–|
|Date of Admission||21 Jun 2017 Onwards||–||–|
The application form along with the prospectus can be obtained in person from the college on payment of Rs. 500/- (inclusive of NLET Fee) . It can be obtained by post by sending a D.D. favouring “NEF Law College” payble at Guwahati. You can also download Admission Form from link above. In case the form is downloaded from internet, the student concerned will have to pay Prospectus & Form fee mentioned above at the time of submission of the form in addition to the course fee etc.
Download Application Form for NEF Law College Admission 2017
- Download Application Form for LLM Course
- Download Application Form for 5 Year Programme
- Download Application Form for 3 Year Law
Application Fee is Rs. 500/- (inclusive of NLET fee).
The filled-in Application has to be submitted at the College along with the following documents:
- Birth Certificate or HSLC or equivalent Examination Certificate.
- HSLC & HS or equivalent examination Marksheets & Pass Certificate
- Degree Marksheet & Pass Certificate (if not passed Five Year Integrated law programme)
- LL.B. / Five Year Law Marksheets & Pass Certificates (for LLM only)
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Caste / Tribe Certificate from Competent Authority (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (wherever applicable. It can be submitted after Admission)
The College offers following full-time regular courses :
- Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B. (Hons)
- Five Year Integrated B.Com., LL.B. (Hons)
- Five Year Integrated BBA, LL.B. (Hons)
- LL.B. (Three Years)
- LL.M. (Two years)
- For Five year Integrated Law (last year)
As per Bar Council of India (BCI) Rule, a candidate opting for admission to the Five Year Course must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination securing in aggregate, not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC and ST applicants.
- For Three year Law (LLB)
- The College offers Three Year LL.B. / LL.B. (Hons) program, the successful completion of which will earn the student a LL.B. / LL.B. (Hons) Degree to be awarded by Gauhati University.
- The duration of the LL.B. / LL.B. (Hons) degree course shall be for a period of three academic years. Each academic year is divided into two semesters, each semester having an average of 100 working/ teaching days. The academic terms shall ordinarily be between July to December and January to June.
- The Three Year LL.B. / LL.B. (Hons) course is a full- time course and no student is permitted to purse simultaneously any other course. The admission of a student can be cancelled at any stage for violation of this rule.
- For Two year Law (LLM)
A candidate for admission to the LL.M. Course must have LL.B./ Five Year Integrated degree in Law from a recognized University with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates.)
The Admit Card for the NEF Law Entrance Test can be obtained after the submitting the filled application form at the college. The Examination will be held in Guwahati as per the date and venue mentioned in the Admit card/ Hall ticket.
For Five year Integrated Law
There shall be one single paper of 2 ½ hours duration consisting of Multiple Choice & short answer type Questions of a standard expected from 10+2 students. The weightage given to different sections are as under (the figures within bracket show the tentative number of Questions in each area):
- Part I – English including Comprehension (40 questions),
- Part II – General Knowledge/ Current Affairs (40 questions),
- Part III – Elementary Mathematics (30 questions),
- Part IV – Legal Aptitude / Awareness (40 questions),
- Part V – Logical Reasoning (30 questions) and Part VII – Long Questions (2 questions)
There shall be a total of 182 questions with 1 mark for each question. The questions shall be of multiple choices / objective type. For each correct answer, 1 (one) mark will be awarded. There is no negative mark for a wrong answer. This rule is applicable for question No. 1 to 180 only.
There shall be multiple sets of Test Booklets (Series A, B, C & D), each set containing same 182 questions in different sequence.
For Three year Law (LLB)
Admission to the First Semester of Three Year LL.B. / LL.B. (Hons) shall be on the basis of merit. A Merit List shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Degree Examination. Based on the Merit list, students shall be admitted.
For Two year Law (LLM)
There shall be one single paper of 3 Hours duration consisting of 200 Marks followed by viva voce.
- Part I – Two question on Constitution Law of India carrying 50 Marks.
- Part II – Two questions on Jurisprudence carrying 50 Marks.
- Part III – Two questions on Indian Penal Code carrying 50 Marks.
- Part IV – One essay carrying 50 Marks on a topic of Current Legal Problems.
Result – LL.M
The below is the list of applicants who have been provisionally selected in order of merit for admission into 1st Semester LL.M. Course for the session 2017.