NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Admission 2018 – North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science (NEIGRIHMS) had issued the notification for admission in PG (MD/MS) course for the session 2018-19. Admission will be done on the basis of NEET PG 2018. Candidates can check the detail of NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET-PG like courses, seat intake, application process and some other important information on this page below.
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET-PG
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Admission 2018 will be based on scores of NEET PG 2018. Candidates seeking admission to PG (MD/MS) course will have to fill the Application form which will be available online on the official website. Candidates are requested to read all the instructions who will be applying for this course.
Schedule for the NEIGRIHMS 2018 is given below.
|Date of starting of Online Applications||14 Mar 2018|
|Last date of Online Applications||30 Mar 2018|
|Merit list as per NEET PG 2018 Score Card||06 Apr 2018|
|1st Counselling||12 Apr 2018|
|Commencement of the Session||01 May 2018|
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical 2018 Course and Seats
PG (MD/MS) Course: NEIGRIHMS will not conduct the examination to fill up the seats available for open Northeast (NE) category including the seats reserved for the students passing MBBS from NEIGRIHMS only. They are of 3 (three) years duration. No exemption will be given to any candidate. The candidate joining MD/MS degree course shall be called Junior Resident (Post Graduate). The number of seats available in each specialty for the session 2018-19 is shown below:
Note: The number of specialties* and vacancies* where indicated are provisional and may be reduced /increased subject to receiving of necessary approvals of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. (a) 50% of the total seats will be “all India quota seats” and remaining 50% of the seats will be open Northeast category [of which 50% [i.e. 25% of overall seats] will be reserved for the students passing MBBS from NEIGRIHMS. (b) Selection will be entirely on the basis of Merit of the candidates applied for NEIGRIHMS seats on the marks secured in NEET PG 2018. Candidate securing less than 50% in NEET PG Examination shall not be considered and names will not be considered for admission and names will not be included in the merit list and waiting list.
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Applicant must be a Resident Indian National
- Permanent Resident/Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim to be eligible for Northeast open category seats.
- Bonafide student of NEIGRIHMS (irrespective of domicile status) to be eligible for admission into the seats reserved for the students passing MBBS from NEIGRIHMS.
- Educational: The candidates must possess MBBS Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India and must have completed the compulsory Rotating one-year Internship training. Candidates who are likely to be completed Internship will not be eligible for admission.
- Every student, selected for admission to postgraduate course shall possess recognised MBBS degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India, or any of the State Medical Councils or should obtain the same within one month from the date of his admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.
- Candidates who have MBBs or equivalent from foreign countries will have to produce the proof of passing the qualifying examinations held by Medical Council of India (MCI) and also their registration with MCI. However, he/she must complete one-year Internship training.
- The candidates who have already done/are pursuing MD/MS degree in any subject at the time of counselling shall not be considered for admission to MD/MS courses at NEIGRIHMS, if it is found at a later stage that the candidate has given false undertaking at the time of counselling, his/her candidature/registration shall be cancelled forthwith.
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical 2018 Application Form
A candidate seeking admission will be required to download the prescribed offline Application Form available along with the Prospectus at www.neigrihms.gov.in the link fill up the same carefully signed in the appropriate place and scanned copy may be mailed to [email protected] along with the following documents.
The prescribed amount of Application processing fee, i.e. Rs. 1500/- (One Thousand five hundred only) plus charges as applicable should be deposited through the offline mode of Payment by Prescribed challan to “NEIGRIHMS MBBS ACCOUNT” No.30270200000005; IFSC: BARB0MAWDIA. (Fifth character is zero, not alphabet ‘O’). Candidates are advised to retain the candidate’s copy of the Application Form and the proof of submission and payment of Fee.
Submission of the soft copy and scanned documents to be enclosed
Candidates have to submit (upload) the scanned documents mentioned below through Institute’s website www.neigrihms.gov.in. in PG Application Portal:
- High School/Secondary School Certificate issued by the Board / University showing the date of birth of the applicant.
- Pass Certificate / Provisional Pass Certificate of the qualifying MBBS examination.
- Mark sheets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ( Part-I and Part –II) MBBS Professional Examinations.
- Attempt certificate of MBBS Professional Examinations. v)Internship completion certificate/certificate from the head of the Institutions/ college that the candidate will complete the Internship.
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate within the validity period issued by MCI / State Medical Council.
- NEET PG 2018 Admit card.
- NEET PG 2018 Score Card.
- The candidates must submit a Domicile/ Permanent Residential Certificate valid for the year 2015, from the competent authority (i.e. District Commissioner of the state or any Government authorized Official)proving that he/she is Domicile/Permanent resident of one of the 8 (eight) North Eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- No Objection Certificate: In case the candidate joined elsewhere in PG course have to bring NOC from the concerned college for joining the PG course in NEIGRIHMS.
- Candidates are to indicate if he is the student of NEIGRIHMS. If so write the name of the state from which the candidate belongs to in the appropriate Test Box provided in Application Form.
Candidates do not belong to the 8 (eight) North Eastern States (with PRC of either state) or candidate who is not a student of NEIGRIHMS need not apply. If any such candidate applied for NEIGRIHMS seats is at her/her own risk. Candidature of such candidate will be rejected and his /her name will not appear in the merit list.
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical 2018 Selection Procedure
- Entrance Examination (NEET PG 2018) conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) for admission to PG (MD/MS) courses on all India Basis.
- Those candidates who wish to apply for NEIGRIHMS seats are to submit their respective NEET PG Admit Card and NEET PG Score Card in the Institute’s system as Notified after the NEET PG results are declared.
- On the basis of the data provided by the candidates as to their respective NEET PG 2018 Result a merit list will be drawn thereof and will be indicated and accordingly. Candidates will be called for counselling in order of merit and can exercise their respective choice of the subject according to merit and availability of seats. In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered.
- The Selection will be made entirely on the basis of merit of the NEET-PG 2018 and the subject choice will be given on the basis of merit.
NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Merit List and Seat Allotment Result 2018
The merit lists of the candidates will be based on the score in the NEET PG 2018. For open NE seats, a merit list will prepare from the candidates having PRC of any of 8 North Eastern States viz. Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
Allocation of seats
Allocation of seats will be purely on the basis of merit, i.e. the rank they obtained as indicated above. Counseling will be held in the Administrative Block, NEIGRIHMS, and Shillong on the date of 1st counseling. Counseling will not carry any marks. The certificates and fulfillment of other eligibility criteria shall be checked. The order of counseling and allotment of seats will be first for the Open NE Seats, followed by the rostering of seats reserved for NEIGRIHMS students (Alternating with open NE Seats).
- Counseling will be in the order of merit.
- A candidate, who has taken a seat in the subject of his /her choice, will not be allowed to change the subject.
- All candidates who have taken a confirmed seat shall deposit the fees on the same day after the Counseling is over. If they fail to deposit the fees, and/or do not join after depositing the fees then they would lose the seat allotted to them and such candidates will not be eligible for second counseling.
- Only a candidate who has come for 1st counseling will be eligible for the second counseling if any seat falls vacant thereafter in that order of merit.
Second Counseling and Third and Final Counseling if required will be held on dates to be notified later.
Official Website: www.neigrihms.gov.in.
For complete details of NEIGRIHMS PG Medical Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.