The NEST 2019 written exam will be conducting on June 01, 2019. Candidates who were willing to take the NEST 2019 exam had to apply online for the same before March 11, 2019. The application process will begun from January 11, 2019 and the direct link to apply will also provided in the application form page. The counselling process take place after the result of the written exam will be declared on third week of Jun 2019.
The counseling and admission at NISER, Bhubaneswar, CBS Mumbai, and ISERC, Visva-Bharati, will take place at NISER, Bhubaneswar and CBS Bhubaneswar.
NEST Counselling 2019
Get all the important information about NEST 2019 Counselling like instruction, list of required documents, withdrawal of admission and other information on this page. Let us start with some of the important dates of NEST 2019 Counselling process.
|Date NEST 2019||01 Jun 2019|
|Announcement of Result||17 Jun 2019|
|Last date for online registration of 1st counselling||To be announced|
Instructions for SPOT Counselling
Cut-off Ranks for FIRST Counselling:
- General – 800
- OBC – 400
- SC – 240
- ST – 90
- PwD – 31
- JK – 3 (supernumerary)
Instructions for NEST Counselling 2019 Round 1
- The registered candidates must be present at the counseling venue of choice on counselling day. Failing to appear on the date and time of counseling will result in forfeiting your claim of admission.
- Attendance of all the candidates present at the counseling venues will be taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CBS, and the original merit list, a combined ‘modified’ merit list will be prepared. Admission to NISER, CBS and ISERC will be strictly on the basis of this ‘modified’ merit list.
- Please note that appearing for counseling does not guarantee admission to any of the three participating institutes. The offer for admission will be made at the time of counseling strictly according to the ‘modified’ merit list prepared on the basis of attendance on the day of counseling, taking various reserved category seats into account and till all seats are filled.
- Documents (and photocopies) required during counseling are listed in the next section.
- First round of counseling will continue until all seats are filled or the merit list prepared based on attendance is exhausted, whichever is earlier.
Certain things are different for the three different institutes: date of registration, starting date of the first semester classes, documents / declarations required during registration and fees to be paid. Please check with the website of the concerned institute for such details.
For details of the participating institutes, please visit the respective websites:
- NISER: www.niser.ac.in
- CBS: www.cbs.ac.in
- ISERC: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the counseling or taking admission.
List of documents required during counseling
- Original mark sheet of Class X board examination + 1 photocopy
- Original mark sheet of Class XII board examination + 1 photocopy
- Proof of date of birth (original birth certificate or school leaving certificate) + 1 photocopy
- Original caste certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- (Caste certificate as per central government format certifies two things: caste of the candidate and the fact that said caste is included in respective category. However, formats of some states only mention the former in the caste certificate. Only in such cases, a separate caste verification certificate certifying the latter is needed.)
- Original Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- Original disability certificate (for Physically Disabled candidates) + 1 photocopy
- Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India + 1 photocopy
- 4 passport size color photographs
- Demand Draft in favor of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favor of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending where the candidates are appearing for counseling.
- In case the candidate has submitted original certificates to another institute for the purpose of admission, she/he must bring official letter (undertaking) from that institute stating so.
In case of any doubts or clarification, please send email to [email protected]
Note on submission of original documents:
- Please note that the candidates have to deposit original certificates, at least Class 12th mark sheet, to the admission committee during counseling and those will be kept for one semester. Those who do not have original documents, but are in custody of another institutes for the purpose of admission, must produce official letter from the concerned institute stating so and that they will return the testimonials if demanded by the candidate.
- In such cases, the original documents must be submitted to the institute admission committee on the day of registration, and failing to do so without any valid reason may result in cancellation of admission.
Withdrawal of admission and second counseling (if required)
Candidates who have been admitted to any of the three participating institutes — NISER, CBS and ISERC — may withdraw their admission by July mid either by coming in person or by sending email at [email protected] stating name, date of birth, roll and application numbers, choice of counseling venue and XIIth board exam percentage. The details of refund of deposited amount and return of original documents will be intimated at the time of withdrawal.
After the first round of counseling and withdrawal deadline, each participating institute will prepare their own waiting list. The seats that fall vacant at a particular institute will be filled in accordance to its waiting list. The name of the wait-listed candidates will be announced on the websites of the respective institutes. The second counseling and admission will take place at the concerned institute where the seats are vacant. This second counseling will not be a joint counseling.
The corresponding dates for CBS and ISREC will be announced on the website of the respective institutes. Please also get in touch with the admission committee of the participating institutes for details.
Insofar, official details of NEST 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as NEST releases NEST 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.