National Institute of Design (NID) Entrance Exam is called as Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2018. NID DAT 2018 will be held for the intake of candidates in B.Des, GDPD, and M.Des course. DAT will consist of Prelims and Main. The prelims test will be held on January 07, 2018, and the Main paper will be conducted from May 15 to 22, 2018. The online registration for NID Entrance Exam 2018 is open now. The candidates can apply without the late fee until October 31, 2017. With the late fee, the NID 2018 form can be submitted until November 09, 2017. Candidates can check details on NID 2018 eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, application process and more from this page.
The M.Des course is offered by NID Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Gandhinagar. Whereas, candidates will get B.Des at NID Ahmedabad. GDPD admission is offered at NID Kurukshetra and Vijayawada. The selection of the candidates in any of the course will be done as per the performance in Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims and Main.
|Events||Dates for NID B.Des / GDPD||Dates for NID M.Des|
|Application form released on||25 Sep 2017||25 Sep 2017|
|Last date to apply||31 Oct 2017||31 Oct 2017|
|Last date to submit form with late fee||09 Nov 2017||09 Nov 2017|
|Filled in application form and demand draft is to be received until||09 Nov 2017||09 Nov 2017|
|Facility to edit the application form will begin from||14 to 16 Nov 2017||14 to 16 Nov 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for DAT Prelims||20 Dec 2017||20 Dec 2017|
|NID DAT Prelims 2018 will be held on||07 Jan 2018||07 Jan 2018|
|Answer key will release on||12 Jan 2018||12 Jan 2018|
|Window to challenge the answer key will remain open until||18 and 19 Jan 2018||18 and 19 Jan 2018|
|Final answer key will be uploaded on||30 Jan 2018||30 Jan 2018|
|Prelims result will be announced on||13 Mar 2018||15 Feb 2018|
|Issuance of admit card for NID DAT Main exam||22 Mar 2018||27 Feb 2018|
|NID DAT Main 2018 will be held on||15 to 22 May 2018||12 Mar to 15 Apr 2018|
|Merit list will release on||31 May 2018||02 May 2018|
NID Eligibility 2018
Those who satisfy eligibility criteria of NID 2018 admission can apply. It is responsibility of candidate to check eligibility before filling application form.
For B.Des Course
- Candidate must have either passed or will appear for in class 12th exam in the academic year 2017–18 in any stream from CBSE / IB / ICSE / equivalent board.
- Age limit (upper) for general category candidates is 20 years as on 30 Jun 2018. OBC-NCL, SC, ST candidates should adhere to age limit of 23 years. Whereas PwD students can have upper age of 25 years. Upper age limit for foreign nationals is same as that of Indian national general category.
For M.Des Course
- It is must to hold any one out of the following degrees
- Bachelor degree of minimum 4 year duration in any stream after 10+2. Candidate must have passed / has appeared for / is appearing for degree exam before Jul 2018.
- Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any specialization under 10+2. Here, candidate should have passed degree exams before Jul 2018.
- Full time Diploma of minimum 4 years in Design / Fine Arts / Applied Arts / Architecture after 10+2. Those who have either passed / appeared / appearing for degree exam before Jul 2018 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for general category is 30 years as on 30 Jun 2018. OBC-NCL, SC, ST candidates have upper age limit of 33 years. PwD candidates must satsify upper age limit of 35 years.
NID 2018 Application Form
The application form for NID admission has been released on the official website, which is admissions.nid.edu. The candidates will have to submit their personal details in the form and along with it, will also be required to submit details related to educational qualification, etc. To submit the form successfully, the candidates will also be required to pay the application fee. The amount of fee is as below:
- Rs. 2000 for General and OBC-NCL Category Candidates.
- Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/PwD Candidates.
- Rs. 3000 for Overseas Candidates.
Note: If the candidates will apply for more than one M.Des course then they need to pay double amount of money.
Admit Card of NID 2018
The Admit card / hall ticket is the essential document to be carried at the time of test & Interviews. It will contain specifics such as candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre details. Without the admit card, the candidates will not be permitted to write the exam or appear for interview.
Answer Key of NID 2018
The answer key will be published by the NID on the official website at www.nid.edu. Window to challenge DAT Prelims Part I answer key will be available via a login and the candidates will also be able to challenge the key.
Sample of Previous Year Question Paper with Answer Key
NID 2018 Result
Based on the scores obtained in DAT, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category (General, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH). Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Studio Test and Personal Interviews.
Based on the Merit list of DAT Prelims, eligible candidates will have to appear for DAT Mains. The number of candidates shortlisted will be no less than three times the number of seats available per category in that discipline or programme (please refer to Section 3 of this handbook to see the total number of seats available). If the total scores of two or more candidates in the DAT Prelims are the same, they will be assigned the same rank.
To know more about NID 2018 admissions, download information brochures.
- Admissions Handbook 18-19 for Bachelor of Design/ GDPD
- Admissions Handbook 18-19 for Master of Design