NID Application Form 2022: The National Institute of Design(NID) has extended the last date to submit the application form for the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2022, with a late fee till December 09, 2021 (4:00 pm). The application fee is 3000/- for the general category and 1500/- is for SC/ST category. DAT is an entrance exam to fill in the admissions into Bachelor of Design (B.Des), Masters of Design (M.Des.) in NID. The application is to be done online mode on the official website nid.edu. Candidates who passed their 10+2 in any stream are eligible to apply for B.Des, and for M.Des applicants must have a degree. Candidates can get all the details regarding the DAT application form 2022 from this article.
NID Application Form 2022
All the applicants who are applying for the DAT examination need to check all the important events regarding the exam. Should keep on checking the official website for the new events. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Check here to know the important events with dates
|The filling of online application form begins on||05 Oct 2021|
|The last date to submit the application form(without late fee)||06 Dec 2021|
|The last date to submit the application form(with late fee)||09 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm|
|Correction Window Date||10 – 16 Dec 2021 up to 4:00 pm|
Apply here – Click here to submit the NID DAT application form 2022.
NID 2022 Application Fee
NID DAT 2022 application form is to be released on the official website in December, and candidates can register for the exam by paying the fee online. Candidates can check the fee and mode of application below.
Application fee for B.Des
- The application fee is 3000 /- for general, general-EWS, OBC-NCL, categories.
- And for SC/ST, general-PwD, general-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD the application fee is 1500/-
- For the overseas candidates the application fee is 5000/-
Application fee for M.Des
- The application fee for general-EWS, OBC-NCL, categories is given separately for discipline-1&2.
- The application fee for SC/ST, general-PwD, general-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD categories is given separately for discipline-1&2.
- Application fee for the overseas candidates is given separately for discipline-1&2.
Mode of payment
- Online mode- can submit through UPI /visa/master/Rupay/debit/credit cards.
Documents Required to Submit NID Application Form
NID DAT 2022 application form is going to be released on the official website candidates require documents to register for the NID DAT exam. Candidates need to keep the documents ready so that it can help during the application process. Check the list of documents required for the application.
- Passport size photos
- Candidate Signature
- Certificates of educational qualification.
- OBC-NCL certificate (candidates OBC-NCL category)
- Caste certificates for SC/ST candidates
- EWS certificate
- Disability certificate ( for PwD candidates)
- Copies of the first and last page of a valid passport must be submitted by the overseas candidates.
Image Specifications for the NID Application Form 2022
Applicants who are applying for NID DAT 2022 need to upload the images of the photo and signature as per the specifications given, if the documents are submitted against the specifications, the authority has the right to reject the application.
|Photography||JPG||Between 75 KB to 100KB|
|Signature||JPG||Between 75KB to 100 KB|
General, General – EWS, OBC – NCL, ST/SC – PwD Certificate
Copy of first and last page of passport for overseas candidates
Between 75KB to 100KB
How to Submit NID Application Form 2022?
Eligible candidates can move forward to fill the application form that is available on the official website. Here is the guide for applying for the NID DAT 2022 examination.
Step by Step Guide to applying for the DAT Examination is mentioned here.
Step 1 – Registration process
- For the registration process enter the valid email id and mobile number.
- Candidates will receive an email for the registered email id after the registration process.
Step 2 – Login for registration
- Candidates need to login with the email ID, password and DOB that are generated during the registration process.
- Make the tick in the “I agree” section to fill up the NID application form.
Step 3 -Filling process of NID 2022 application form
- Fill in all the requested details in the application form.
- Once done, candidates can click on the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
Step 4 – Upload the required documents
- Candidates need to upload the documents as per the given specifications at the requested section.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph. The passport photo must be recent once, and must be clear. Selfies and self portrait photos will be rejected.
- Next upload the image of the signature. The signature of the candidates must be the scanned one.
- Candidates who are applying under the OBC-NCL category need to upload the valid OBC-NCL certificate issued by an authority. The certificate must be issued by April 1, 2020 or later.
- ST/SC candidates need to upload the caste certificate
- The overseas candidates need to upload the images of the first and the last page of the passport. Images must be clear with the personal details of the candidate.
- After uploading the requested certificates according to the various categories click on “save & go to payment”
Step 5 – Payment process
- The application fee of NID DAT 2022 varies for different categories.
- Pay the fee mentioned for the applied category.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using debit/credit card or net banking
- Once done with the payment, take the printouts of the application form.
Details to enter in the NID Application form
These are the details that must be entered in the application form by the applicants:
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate Father’s Name
- Email and mobile number
- Educational qualifications
- Experience details (M.Des)
- Passport size photo
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
- EWS certificate
- OBC- NCL certificate
NID 2022 Application Form correction
Candidates can review and edit the application form in case they entered any wrong information. Authority opens the correction window to edit on the official website in the month of December. If the candidate needs to change the category then an extra application fee must be paid. Extra fee is applicable only for category change. In case the application form is rejected by the authority, the application fee paid is not refundable if the applicant is not eligible to get admission in NID. Candidates must provide the correct information in the application form. If the authority finds that the information entered is wrong then the authority has the right to reject the application without informing the applicant.
NID Admit Card 2022
NID DAT admit card will be available in the month of December on the official website, admissions.nid.edu. Admit cards for the NID exam can be downloaded from the official website by entering requested details like email id and DOB of the candidate. Authority will be releasing the admit card for NID Prelims and NID Mains exams separately. Check the details mentioned on the admit card, in case of any wrong information contact the authority. Admit cards are the important thing that must be carried by the candidates to the exam center. Also, it is advised the candidates carry government ID proof to the exam. It included details of candidates’ roll number, name, reporting time, address of the exam centre, instructions for candidates, etc.
About NID Exam
National Institute of Design (NID) in Ahmedabad, has its extension campuses at Gandhinagar & Bengaluru, that is ‘Institute of National Importance as per the NID Act 2014 as well as an autonomous Institute under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. The courses that are presently offered are Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) four-year, Masters of Design (M.Des.) two-and-a-half years, and Ph.D. in Design. DAT exams are to be conducted in two stages namely DAT Prelims and DAT Mains. Admission into the NID will be based on the score gained by the candidate in both stages of the DAT exam.
NID Application form 2022 FAQs
A- DAT exams are to be conducted in two stages namely DAT Prelims and DAT Mains.
A- Candidates need to pass both stages to get admission to NID.
A- Disability certificate must be uploaded by the person with disabilities.
A- The application form for DAT mains is to be announced.
A- The application fee for SC/ST is 1500
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.