NID GDPD Graduate Diploma Programme in Design 2018 – National Institute of Design, Vijayawada, an autonomous institute under DIPP, is announced the admission notification for the 4 year Graduate Diploma Program in Design (GDPD) for the academic year 2018-19 at the transit campus at Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), 20 km from Vijayawada.
NID Vijayawada commenced its academic program with a vision to be a global leader in Design Education & Research, and become a torchbearer for innovative design directions in industry & development sectors, aligned to the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India.
NID Vijayawada GDPD Admission 2018
Graduate Diploma Program in Design (GDPD) offers
- Industrial Design
- Communication Design
- Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design
Schedule for the NID GDPD 2018 is given below.
|Last date for online registration||last week of Nov 2017|
|Online availability of admit card of GDPD Candidates for Prelims exam||4th week of Dec 2017|
|Design Aptitude test for GDPD (Prelims exam)||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Declaration of result for GDPD (Prelims)||last week of Feb 2018|
|Online availability of admit card of GDPD Candidates for Main exam||1st week of Mar 2018|
|Design Aptitude test for GDPD (Main exam)||3rd/4th week of May 2018|
|Merit List 1 for B.Des. and GDPD||last week of May 2018|
Candidates please note that no information of NID Vijayawada GDPD Admission 2018 has been announced yet. Details updated here as per the last year. As soon as NID Vijayawada GDPD Admission 2018 will be released, same will be updated here.
Eligibility Criteria is given here as per the last year.
Candidates applying for the GDPD programmes must fulfill the following criteria:
Criterion 1 – Age limit
- Candidates upto 20 years of age on or before 30 June 2018 are eligible to apply (relaxable by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category).
- Indian nationals applying in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or before 30 June 1998 are not eligible.
- Indian nationals in reserved category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD) born on or before 30 June 1994 are not eligible.
- Applications for academic year 2018–19 are open to applicants who have passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2017–18 from any recognised board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are:
- Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, see www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, see www.aiuweb.org).
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any public school, board or university examination completed in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, see www.aiuweb.org).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
- High School Certificate Examination from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed final examinations for class XII (or equivalent) outside India or from a board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination conducted in India.
Fee Structure – Last year
|Yearly Expenses (IN INR)||In Rupees|
|Refundable Security Deposit||10,000|