National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi was set up in 1966 by the government of India. It offers Courses in B.Tech. M.Tech. Ph.D and ADC. Application forms for admissions in Ph.D and Advanced Diploma Course In foundry/forge technology(ADC) has been released. The Application forms are offline. Candidates wish to appear for the ADC need to pass w written examination test followed by counselling process. For Ph.D courses, shortlisted candidates after screening will be called by NIFFT for admission test followed by interview round. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria and other important details clearly before applying for NIFFT admissions 2018-2019. Candidates can get all details like Application Form, Eligibility, Fee, Ranking, Cut Off of NIFFFT admissions from the age below.
NIFFT Ranchi Admission 2018
Applications of NIFFT for Ph.D and ADC coursed has been released. the application forms should be filled offline and can be downloaded from the official website of NIFFT. For ADC course applicant need to clear a written test and for Ph.D course applicants are called for admission test after screening by a post or official website. The schedule for Ph.D and ADC is given below.
|Availability of Applications||20 Apr – 21 May 2018||20 Apr – 21 May 2018|
|Last Date to Recieve Applications||30 May 2018|
|Date of Written Examination||17 – 18 Jul 2018||24 Jun 2018|
|Date of Interview||17 – 18 Jul 2018||–|
List of Eligible candidates for written test and interview
The list of candidates who are eligible for the PhD written test and interview has been released. The test and interview will be held on the scheduled dates by the conducting body. Candidates can check the list from the link provided below.
Eligible candidates: Click here to check list of eligible candidates for PhD written test and interview
Instructions for admission to M.Tech (through CCMT)
Following is the instructions regarding admission to M. Tech. Programmes at National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi through CCMT :
The application form for NIFFT admission for ADC and Ph.D courses has been released. The application forms are available offline. Candidates are advised to must go through the Eligibility Criteria and other information before applying for NIFFT. The Application form can be downloaded from the official website or direct link for the same is given below.
Application Process is over now
- Click Here to download the application form for Ph.D Courses of NIFFT.
- Click Here to download the application form for ADC of NIFFT.
The registration fees for the application form of NIFFT for Ph.D and ADC courses is different for the various categories of candidates. The Application process is incomplete until the candidates submit their registration fees. The fees for NIFFT 2018 can only be paid in the offline mode only through Demand Draft(DD) in favour of National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology payable at Ranchi. The application fees for the different categories of students are listed below. Candidates, please refer to the table below for the application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for ADC and Ph.D courses in NIFFT Ranchi is given below. Candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria clearly before applying for the application.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D Course
- M.E. / M. Tech. from a recognized institution or university in the relevant discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (or 60% Marks) in aggregate.
- B.E./ B. Tech. in the relevant discipline or MCA from a recognized institution of the university, with at least 7.5 CGPA (or 70% marks) in aggregate.
- M. Sc. or equivalent from a recognized institution of the university in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA (or 70% marks) in aggregate.
- Apart from required qualifications and academic record, the research aptitude, ability to work in a team, subject interest, availability of research supervisors and facilities available and research focus of the concerned department will be considered by the DRC while selecting the candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for ADC Courses
- Diploma in Metallurgical/ Mechanical/ Production Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Automobile Engineering.
- Having B.Sc. degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
NOTE: Minimum marks in the qualifying examination is 50% for General/OBC and 45% for SC/ST in ADC Examination.
How to Apply
The application procedure for ADC and Ph.D courses is given below. Candidates can check the same from below.
Application Procedure for Ph.D courses
- Candidates need to submit the application form along with the required documents to the Coordinator (PhD and Research).
- The application received from the candidates for Ph.D programme then screened by Dean (Faculty of Engineering).
- After the screening, the shortlisted candidates will be informed by post and through Institute website
about the date, time and venue for the admission test and/or interview.
Application procedure for ADC Course
- The application forms for ADC admissions can be downloaded from the official website or direct link for the same is also given above.
- Duly filled application form along with the necessary documents should be sent to Dean (Academic).
- After the written test the candidates will be called for the counselling process. after the final counselling process commencement of classes will be done.
Documents to be Submitted with Application Form
There are various documents which should be attached with the offline application form of NIFFT. Candidates are advised to attach all the documents clearly.
Documents to be submitted with ADC Application Form
- Application Form duly filled in with photograph duly attested by Head of Institution last attended /attending or Gazetted Officer and pasted thereon.
- Attested copies of relevant Certificate and Mark sheets of matriculation and qualifying examination
- Caste Certificate (for OBC/SC/ST only) written either in English or Hindi.
- Envelopes to be affixed with Rs. 40/ – postage stamps.
The Admit Card for ADC and Ph.D courses will be released after the completion of submission of applications. The Admit card for both the exams is offline. In case of ADC examination Admit card will be released after the submission of the application but in case of Ph.D programme, the admit card will be released after the screening process by the Deam academics. The . Written test for ADC will be conducted at NIFFT, Hatia, Ranchi and the following centres may also be available (Subject to receipt of sufficient applications): Hyderabad, Kolkata, New Delhi, and Pune. Candidates must give the choice of two centres as per preference.
The counselling process will be done only for ADC courses after the result declaration. The Counselling will be done by National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Candidates who will clear the written examination will be called for counselling. The absence of the candidate in counselling process result in the cancellation of the admission
Scholarship / Stipend Offered
The Institue is offering Scholarship/Stipend to the candidates in both courses. The details of Scholarship/ Stipend offered in various courses is given below.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Rs.25000/- per month for the 1’t two years and Rs.28000/- per
month for the 3rd & 4th year for candidates admitted with institute Scholarship.However
the scholarship may be enhanced as per MHRD norms.
- Advanced Diploma Course (ADC): Rs.2,500/- per month for all selected candidates.
NOTE: No scholarship for sponsored candidates.
The seat matrix for Ph.D and ADC course in NIFFT 2018 is given below.
For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
|Department||Area of Research/Specializations||No of Seats|
|Forge Technology||Forging Technology, Forging Die design, Forging process modelling and simulation, Special forging process like multidirectional forging, Powder
forging, isothermal forging.
|Foundry Technology||Solidification, CastingDesign, Casting Simulation, Tooling Design.||02|
|Manufacturing Engineering||Coordinate, form and surface Metrology, Computer-aided design, Manufacture and inspection of Freeform surfaces, Numerical and
Experimental analysis of fracture growth/delamination in composite/laser based surface, Reliability Engineering, mechanical systems reliability. metal Forming, composite materials.
|Department of Applied Sciences &
|Nano Technology, Thin-film Technology, Semiconductor Materials, Solid state physics, Corrosion technology, Air Pollution, water pollution, Environmental Science, Water Resource Engineering, Power System, Magnetic Material.||03|
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||Mechanica I metallurgy, Physica I metallurgy, Na no composite, Surface engineering, Ceramic engineering, Corrosion engineering, Extractive
For Advanced Diploma Course (ADC – 3 Semesters/l8 months)
- FoundryTechnology – 46
- Forge Technology – 46
Official website: www.nifft.ac.in
The results of ADC and Ph.D written examination will be released after the completion of the examination. The results will be released on the official website. The candidates who will appear for the examination can check their results on the official website. The results of candidates shortlisted after the screening in Ph.D course will be sent to candidates by post. There will a counselling round also for ADC admissions after the result declaration. Candidates are advised to check the page regularly for further details.
The information brochure for Ph.D and ADC courses is given below. candidates are advised to go through the admissions brochure clearly before applying for NIFFT admissions.