National Institute of Fashion Technology has release notification inviting applications from the Candidates (Foreign Nationals / SAARC/ NRI) for NIFT NRI Admissions 2018-19. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the admission after checking the eligibility criteria carefully. Candidates can check all the details like courses offered, eligibility, application procedure etc from this page given below.
NIFT Admission 2018
National Institute of Fashion Technology has released the Application form for NRI Candidates. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Interested candidates can fill the application form through the link below.
Schedule for NIFT Admission 2018 under NRI Category is given below.
|Last Date for submission||30 Apr 2018|
|Counselling||3rd week of Jul 2018|
NIFT NRI Application Form 2018
Those seeking admission under this category have to apply online from the official website www.nift.ac.in or through the direct link provided above.
Application Fees: The candidates who fulfill the admission criteria specified above may apply online with requisite application fee of US$100 through the Online NIFT Payment gateway.
Once selected under this category, candidates shall pay the fee at the time of admission for the first academic year consisting of two semesters. They would also need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme.
Fifteen percent (15%) of total seats i.e. 5 seats in each programme at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli and Srinagar are reserved for admission of Foreign Nationals (whether residing in India or abroad) and Non Resident Indian, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence or any other purpose. The admission to NIFT programmes for foreign nationals / NRI candidates will be based on the following examinations:
(B.Des & B.FTech)
(M.Des & M.FTech)
Campus / Programme will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates. Candidate may appear in as many as SAT /GMAT/GRE examination prior to 30th April 2018. The highest score among the test will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat.
Candidates applying for Bachelor Programmes of NIFT should arrange to send SAT scores directly from College Board, USA, to NIFT H.O. New Delhi. SAT scores have to be submitted through College Board to NIFT before 30th April, 2018. The Designated Institution (DI) Code is 7258.
The Campus and Programme will be allotted to the candidates based on SAT/GMAT/GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
Candidates at the time of registration for SAT should indicate DI code: 7258 for sending their scores to NIFT Head Office, New Delhi. Candidates applying for Master Programmes i.e. Master of Fashion Management (MFM), should arrange to send GMAT test scores while those applying for Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech.) should arrange to send GRE test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi. The GRE/ GMAT/SAT scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2016 and should be received by the Institute latest by 30th April, 2018. The candidates must designate NIFT Programmes as choice in the GRE/GMAT/SAT.
For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Design – B.Des.
(Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
Eligibility for Master Programme – Design
M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note: Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master programme. The programme provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or a ‘Dissertation’
Eligibility for Master Programme – Management
M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for Master Programme – Technology
M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Special NRI Test
If however, NRI seats remain vacant, these seats will be offered again for admission through a special NRI test. Candidates who could not be shortlisted for Situation Test/GD & PI, as well as, fresh/new aspirants would be eligible for admission, subject to fulfilling necessary academic and documentary requirements. The Special NRI Test / Interview will be conducted at New Delhi. Registration for all the candidates would be mandatory. The candidates who fail to be shortlisted for Situation Test and GD & PI will appear only for the Interview. New candidates have to appear for both Written Entrance Examination and Interview. While drawing up the merit list the candidates who appeared only in the interview will be assigned top position and the new candidates would be placed thereafter. Based on these parameters, a final consolidated merit list would be declared. Seats shall be allotted strictly according to merit. The candidates selected under Children / Ward of NRI shall pay the fee prescribed for NRI Candidates.