National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) offers admission in B.Des, B.FTech, M.Des, M.Ftech, and M.F.M courses of the university for Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI candidates. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission after checking the eligibility criteria carefully. Candidates can check all the details like courses offered, eligibility, application procedure, etc from this page given below.
Latest: Application Form has been released for NIFT Admission 2021 for UG and PG Programme. Scroll down to apply.
NIFT Admission 2021
National Institute of Fashion Technology has released the Application form for NRI Candidates. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Interested candidates can fill the application form through the link below.
Schedule for NIFT Admission 2021 under NRI Category is given below.
|Application form releases in the||06 Jan 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||30 Apr 2021|
NIFT NRI Application Form 2021
Those seeking admission under this category have to apply online from the official website or through the direct link provided above.
- Click here to New Registration for NIFT NRI Application Form 2021.
- Click here to complete the login process for NIFT NRI Application Form 2021.
Mode of Payment of application fee: The candidates who fulfill the admission criteria specified above may apply online with requisite application fee of US$125 through the Online NIFT Payment gateway.
NIFT NRI 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Foreign Nationals (whether residing in India or abroad) and Non Resident Indians, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence or any other purpose and who meet eligibility and admission requirements of NIFT can also apply for admission. The selection of eligible candidates of this category for admission in NIFT will be based on their SAT/GMAT/GRE scores, and not on the basis of the Entrance examination. The availability of seats for this category is as follows:
- 5 (supernumerary) seats each at NIFT Campuses Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli & Srinagar (J&K).
- 3 (supernumerary) seats each at Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Patna, Panchkula and Shillong.
The Programme and Campus will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates in the following examinations:
(B.Des & B.FTech)
(M.Des & M.FTech)
All candidates must satisfy the required academic qualifications listed for the concerned course. In case the Degree/certificate has been obtained from a University /Board of any other country then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) New Delhi (website: http://www.aiuweb.org) prior to admission.
Foreign nationals applying to NIFT must possess working knowledge of the English language.
Candidates may have appeared in multiple SAT/GMAT/GRE examinations prior to 30th April 2021. The highest score among these tests will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat. The GRE/ GMAT/SAT scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2019 and should be received by the Institute (NIFT) latest by 30th April, 2021.
For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum Age: 24 years as on 1st October, 2021. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Design – B.Des.
(Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
Eligibility for Master Programme – Design
M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note: Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master programme. The programme provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or a ‘Dissertation’
Eligibility for Master Programme – Management
M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for Master Programme – Technology
M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
NIFT NRI 2021 Important Information
Candidates applying for Bachelor Programmes of NIFT should arrange to send SAT scores directly from College Board to NIFT H.O. New Delhi. SAT scores have to be submitted through College Board to NIFT before 30th April, 2021. The Designated Institution (DI) Code is 7258.
The Campus and Programme will be allotted to the successful candidates based on SAT/GMAT/GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
Candidates at the time of registration for SAT should indicate DI code: 7258 for sending their scores to NIFT Head Office, New Delhi.
Candidates applying for Master Programmes i.e. Master of Fashion Management (MFM), should arrange to send GMAT test scores while those applying for Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech.) should arrange to send GRE test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi. The candidates must designate NIFT Programmes as choice in the GRE/GMAT/SAT.
Candidates seeking admission under this category should apply in the prescribed Application Form online.
The candidates who fulfill the admission criteria specified for the category may apply online with requisite application fee of US$125 through the Online NIFT Payment gateway.
Children and Wards of NRI
NRI seats being supernumerary, will not be converted to any other category. However, seats remaining unfilled in the NRI category after the process described above will be offered to the children/wards of NRI as per merit during counselling. All the candidates having Common Merit Rank (CMR) in the NIFT Entrance Examination and falling under the category “Children/Wards of NRI” will be given an opportunity to opt for NRI seats subject to fulfilling the criteria, submission of necessary documents and fee during regular counselling.
NIFT may re-allot seats between the programmes to meet the demand of the candidates, within the overall limit prescribed for this category.
For getting the more details about NIFT Admission 2021 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.