National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts entrance examination for admission in B.Des, M.Desh, B.DTech and M.F.M courses of the university for Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI candidates. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission after checking the eligibility criteria carefully. Candidates can check all the details like courses offered, eligibility, application procedure, etc from this page given below.
Latest: The provisional candidate’s list has been released for Foreign/NRI/OCI/SAARC Candidates. Scroll down to check.
NIFT Admission 2020
National Institute of Fashion Technology has released the Application form for NRI Candidates. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Interested candidates can fill the application form through the link below.
Schedule for NIFT Admission 2020 under NRI Category is given below.
|Application form releases in the||23 Oct 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||15 Jun 2020|
|Exam of NIFT 2020 is held in||to be announced|
Provisional Candidate List: Click here to download the list of the candidates for Foreign National/SAARC/NRI/OCI
NIFT NRI Application Form 2020
Those seeking admission under this category have to apply online from the official website or through the direct link provided above.
Click here to login to complete the process for NIFT NRI Application Form 2020
Application Process is over!!!
- Non-Refundable Fee for General/OBC (NonCreamy) Category: Rs.2000/-
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Category : Rs.1000/-
Mode of Payment of application fee: Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Demand Draft.
Once selected under this category, candidates shall pay the fee at the time of admission for the first academic year consisting of two semesters. They would also need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme.
NIFT NRI 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Fifteen percent (15%) of total seats i.e. 5 seats in each programme at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli and Srinagar are reserved for admission of Foreign Nationals (whether residing in India or abroad) and Non Resident Indian, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence or any other purpose. The admission to NIFT programmes for foreign nationals / NRI candidates will be based on the following examinations:
(B.Des & B.FTech)
(M.Des & M.FTech)
Campus / Programme will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates. The highest score among the test will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat.
Candidates applying for Bachelor Programmes of NIFT should arrange to send SAT scores directly from College Board, USA, to NIFT H.O. New Delhi.
The Campus and Programme will be allotted to the candidates based on SAT/GMAT/GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2019. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Design – B.Des.
(Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
Eligibility for Master Programme – Design
M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note: Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master programme. The programme provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or a ‘Dissertation’
Eligibility for Master Programme – Management
M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for Master Programme – Technology
M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Special NRI Test
If however, NRI seats remain vacant, these seats will be offered again for admission through a special NRI test. Candidates who could not be shortlisted for Situation Test/GD & PI, as well as, fresh/new aspirants would be eligible for admission, subject to fulfilling necessary academic and documentary requirements. The Special NRI Test / Interview will be conducted at New Delhi. Registration for all the candidates would be mandatory. The candidates who fail to be shortlisted for Situation Test and GD & PI will appear only for the Interview. New candidates have to appear for both Written Entrance Examination and Interview. While drawing up the merit list the candidates who appeared only in the interview will be assigned the top position and the new candidates would be placed thereafter. Based on these parameters, a final consolidated merit list would be declared. Seats shall be allotted strictly according to merit. The candidates selected under Children / Ward of NRI shall pay the fee prescribed for NRI Candidates.
Official Website: applyadmission.net
For getting the more details about NIFT Admission 2020 Download the Following Documents-
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.