NIH BHMS Admission 2020 through NEET – NIH (National Institute of Homeopathy) Kolkata offers admission to the candidates in Bachelor of Homeopathic and Medical Surgery (BHMS) course. Admission to the course is done on the basis of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2020 which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) . BHMS course is of duration 5½ yrs (including one-year compulsory Rotatory Internship) at NIH Kolkata, affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences. Candidates intending to take admission must participate in the Online Counseling process conducted by the AYUSH Admission Central Counseling Committee (AACCC), Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. Stay connected to the page to get latest updates and information related to NIH BHMS 2020 Admission.
NIH BHMS Admission 2020 through NEET-UG 2020
Candidates must fulfil all the eligibility norms as NIH has the right to cancel the candidature in case information at any stage of the admission process found to be incorrect. Candidates can check the expected schedule for NIH BHMS Admission 2020.
|Counselling Registration/Payment & Choice Filling||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Choice Filling/Locking||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Result||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Reporting to college||1st week of Jul 2020|
NIH BHMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must have passed 10+2 and qualified National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) Session 2020. Applicants must check the eligibility criteria first before filling out the application form. Thr below mentioned points contains the information related to NIH BHMS Eligibility criteria.
- Aspirants with the age of minimum 17 years and maximum of 25 year can apply for the course.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50 percent of marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination of 10+2 standard.
- Candidates from the unreserved category should have obtained minimum of 40% marks in 10+2 examination.
- Candidates with benchmarks Disabilities as specified under Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016), the minimum qualifying marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology shall forty-five per cent for general category and forty per cent. for the Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
NIH BHMS 2020 Application Form
Candidates after checking the criteria of eleigibility can proceed for filling NIH BHMS 2020 Application Form. NIH BHMS Application Form will be available in the offline mode . Candidate can download the same from the official website and have to submit the same to the University. It’s advised that candidate must review the details filled in the application form before submitting as the information once filled will not be modified later. Candidate must keep the copy of the application form as it will be required at the time of counselling.
Application Fee – Applicants have to submit the form along with the application fee of Rs. 1000/- as per the last year without it the form will not be considered submitted.
NIH BHMS 2020 Merit List
All India common merit list, as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates, is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test (NEET-UG 2020) and the candidates, within the respective categories, shall be admitted to undergraduate course from the said merit lists only. NIH BHMS Merit list will be released on the official website and the link for the same will also be provided on this page. The merit list will contain the names of all those candidates who will be called for the NIH BHMS Counselling round.
NIH BHMS 2020 Counselling
The list of candidate who are eligible for admission will be declared by the NIH on the official website. Candidates after getting an offer letter from AYUSH Admission Central Counseling Committee (AACCC) must report to National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata for verification of documents and Medical fitness as per the date mentioned in their counselling offer letter. Any candidate reporting on the wrong date will not be considered for admission. Shortlisted candidates for the NIH BHMS 2020 Counselling must carry all the documents that will be required at the time of admission. The list of documents that will be needed at the counselling time is mentioned in the article.
Document required at the time of NIH BHMS 2020 Admission
Candidates must carry the following mentioned documents with them at the time of counselling. The enlisted documents should be in both original as well as in the self attested form. Candidate must carry atleast 6 copies of every documents for the verification purpose. Candidate will not be offered seat without these documents. Check from below.
- NIH BHMS Application Form
- 10th Standard Admit Card, Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 12th Standard Admit Card, Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Print copy of Confirmation page of Online application form of NEET 2020
- Admit Card of NEET 2020
- NEET 2020 Result.
- Offer Letter for Admission at NIH, Kolkata issued by the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India through Online Counselling
- AADHAR Card
- Caste Certificate (for SC, ST & OBC Candidates) in prescribed proforma as prescribed in NEET 2020 Information Bulletin
- Candidates claiming Reservation in admission under Persons with Physical Disabilities (PWD) Category are required to submit certificate of “benchmark disability” from competent authority and specified Hospitals as mentioned in the NEET Information Bulletin 2020.
- Character/Conduct Certificate College/Institute last studied,
- Transfer Certificate College/Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate
- Certificate of Disability as prescribed in NEET 2020 Information Bulletin,
- 06 (Six) Passport size Photographs
- Two self-addressed envelopes
- Proforma for undertaking by the Student
- Proforma for undertaking by the Parent/Legal Guardian,
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by Student
- Self-Educational Gap Affidavit
- All the candidates seeking admission to BHMS Degree Course at NIH, Kolkata are required to submit Medical Fitness Certificate in the prescribed proforma as per Annexure – 8 (Given in information brochure which is attached below in this article).
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the candidature/provisional admission of any candidate during the counselling process or even after the admission, at any time during the course, if the candidate is found to be not eligible for the course and did not qualify NEET 2020 and application fees & admission fees will be forfeited.
- The above Original documents shall be retained by the Institute till the candidate successfully complete the 1st BHMS Examination.
NIH BHMS Selection Procedure
The selection for admission in BHMS courses at National Institute of Homoeopathy is done on the basis of National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Scores. Candidates will be admitted only after verification of their eligibility and payment of necessary fees as prescribed. All original certificates/testimonials/documents will have to be produced for verification at the time of provisional admission. On the notified date and time, the candidates will have to be present in person. Candidates also have to clear the following mentioned tests written below.
- Physical Fitness – The candidates must be physically fit as per the syllabus and curriculum to the course prescribed by the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
- Medical Examination: The selected candidates shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate from any Govt. Hospital and also undergo a medical examination by a Medical Board set up by the Institute, consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If in the assessment of Medical Board a candidate is found medically unfit to be admitted to the course, he/she will be rejected and will not be admitted and the decision of the Board shall be final in this regard.
NIH BHMS 2020 Seat Matrix
The course has total of 93 seats as per the last year informations from which around 60 seats are filled through the Online Central Counselling conducted by AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee (ACCC). The breakup of seats are shared here. However, seat matrix is subject to change also. Candidate can get the idea of NIH BHMS Seat matrix from below.
|Mode of Filling||No. of Seats|
|Nominees from State/Union Territories||14|
|Govt. of Sri Lanka Nominee||10|
Note – In case of seats remain unfilled in case of BIMSTEC , UT/State , Foreign Nationals or Sri Lanka Nominees the seats will be filled under all India Quota Seats by the Ministry of Ayush Govt.
NIH BHMS 2020 Fee structure
Fee structure of NIH BHMS course is shared below in the image. Candidates can take the rough idea of fees from it as it’s as per the last year data. The fee structure shared below is liable to be revised for the year 2020. As, authorities have the right to modify or increase the fee.
About National Institute of Homeopathy
National Institute of Homeopathy was established in the year 1975 in Kolkata. The institute is under the Ministry of Ayush Govt. of India. The institute is affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences. The institute offers course at both graduation and post graduation level. The National Institute of Homeopathy has recently been declared as the “Center of Traditional Medicine in South East Asian Region Countries”. The Institute has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient care.
Official website – nih.nic.in
For more details, related to NIH BHMS 2020 admission candidate’s can download previous year – Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.