NIMCET 2019 – NIMCET 2019 admit cards released on May 13, 2019, on its official website, nimcet.in. The NIMCET 2019 Exam Date is May 26, 2019. NIMCET is a national level exam conducted by NITs for admission to the MCA programme. The paper takes place in pen and paper-based mode with negative marking for each incorrect answer. There are 11 NITs and NITK is conducting the exam this year. To know more about NIMCET Exam 2019, candidates can go through this article.
After the exam, candidates can take admission to MCA courses via participating in the counselling round. Only on the basis of rank, the final admission in the programme takes place.
NIMCET 2019 Dates – The NIMCET Exam 2019 Important Dates are available in the table below.
|Publishing of Notification||27 Feb 2019|
|Commencement of Registration||02 Mar 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application Form|
|Last date to download the Application Form||20 Apr 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||13 May 2019|
|NIMCET 2019 Exam Date||26 May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||On or before 05 Jun 2019|
|Choice Filling||09 -13 Jun 2019|
|First Round of Allotment||15 Jun 2019|
|First Round of remote reporting in person to participating NITs||21 -22 Jun 2019|
|Second Round of Allotment||28 Jun 2019|
|Second Round of remote reporting in person to participating NITs||04 -05 Jul 2019|
|Third Round of Allotment||09 Jul 2019|
|Third Round of remote reporting in person to participating NITs||15 – 16 Jul 2019|
|Announcement of vacant seats||20 Jul 2019|
|Fresh Choice Filling||21 – 22 Jul 2019|
|Final round of allotment||24 Jul 2019|
|Final Round of Reporting at the allotted institute||On or before 30 Jul 2019|
NIMCET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download the NIMCET 2019 Admit Card by entering the login credentials such as their e-mail id and password. NIMCET Exam 2019 Admit Card consists of information like name and address of the candidate, exam date and timings, complete address of the test centre, photograph and signature of the candidates.
NIMCET 2019 Admit Card is a mandatory document that has to be carried at the time of examination. You also need it during the counselling process. It is to be noted that the NIMCET Admit Card is not sent to students via post. Any request for NIT is not entertain any request related to duplicate NIMCET Hall Ticket 2019.
In case, candidates could not able to download the admit card, then they must contact at the NIMCET official email-id only. Send your application fee and proof of submission of fee at [email protected] or [email protected] Candidates must submit their request between May 13-24, 2019.
NIMCET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important to check the exam pattern beforehand before starting the exam preparation. By going through the exam pattern, candidates can prepare in a better and nuanced way as they are aware of the number of questions, marking scheme etc. So, for the same purpose, candidates can check the NIMCET 2019 Exam Pattern given below:
- Mode of Examination – Pen and Paper Based Exam
- Duration: The examination is of 2 hours.
- Total Number of Questions: There are 120 questions in total.
- Medium of Examination: The Question Paper for NIMCET 2019 is in the English language only.
- Nature of Questions: The questions format is Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, candidates get 04 marks. For every wrong answer, there is a deduction of 01 marks.
- Distribution of Questions: Candidates can have a look at the section-wise distribution of questions given below:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40|
NIMCET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can have a glimpse at the information given below which specifies the syllabus for NIMCET 2019.
- Computer Awareness: This includes the questions from computer basics and data representation.
- General English: This section includes the candidate’s general understanding of English, Comprehension, Synonyms & Antonyms, technical writing etc.
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: This section includes the logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
- Mathematics: This section includes the questions from probability and statistics, algebra, coordinate geometry, vectors, trigonometry.
How to prepare for NIMCET 2019?
In order to crack the examination, candidates need to follow some techniques and follow them wholeheartedly. The tips to crack the examination are given below:
- Make a Time Table: First, candidates prepare a time table and strategize their time and think which section has to be given more importance.
- Practice Sample Papers: It is advisable that candidates practice more and more sample papers. As it helps students to increase their speed in a prescribed time. Also, as it is said that practice makes the man perfect, practicing more and more question papers is going to help students to be clear with their strong and weaker sections.
- Revise: When you have done all the preparation, it is advised to be thorough with all the topics which are going to be covered in the examination. The main task of the students after the preparation is to be aware of each and every topic of the exam.
- Be Calm and Positive: As the preparation time creates a lot of pressure on the students, it is advised to candidates stay calm and positive and indulge in those activities which makes them happy and then later they can resume with their preparation.
NIMCET 2019 Test Centre
Candidates can have a look at the list given below to know about the test centre where NIMCET 2019 takes place. For the exam day, candidates get the test centre as per the choice of exam city filled in the form. Check the exam city and their codes in the table below.
|Test Centres||Test Codes||Test Centres||Test Codes|
NIMCET 2019 Result
NIMCET 2019 Result announces over the official website which is www.nimcet.in. Candidates can enter their e-mail id and password in order to view their results. NIMCET 2019 Result releases in the form of Rank Card. Candidates can download the same from the official website only. As per this ranks and the choice filled by the candidates for the institutes, the seat allocation process takes place by the institute.
NIMCET 2019 Counselling
After the ranks have been allotted to candidates, they are required to fill the choices for their institutes. The Choice Filling process is going to be conducted in the online mode. After selecting the institutes, candidates need to lock their choices. The seats are allocated as per the rank obtained by the student and the choice made by him/her. Candidates are required to pay some amount as Counselling Fee before reporting to the allotted NIT.
NIMCET 2019 Seat Matrix
Candidates can have a look at the information given below to know about the availability of seats as per different NITs. There have been some changes from the last yeat seat matrix. Overall seats have been increased by 22 from 805 last year. Check the updated fee structure below.
|NIT||Total Seats in 2018||Total Seats in 2019|
|Kurukshetra (Self Financing)||30||37|
NMCET 2019 Participating Institutes
The list given below specifies the participating institutes who are going to accept the scores of NIMCET 2019. Check the information given below:
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
NIMCET 2019 Notification
The National Institute of Technology has released the NIMCET 2019 Notification. This year, NIT Karnataka, Suratkal is conducting the examination. The notice has been published by the exam conducting body indicating the basic details like important dates, examination fees, organizing institute etc. Check the official notice in the image below.
NIMCET 2019 Application Form (Over)
National Technological Institute releases the application form NIMCET online only at nimcet.in. It is a four-step process that includes registration, application form, documents uploading, and payment of fees.
To fill the NIMCET 2019 Application Form, candidates need to first register with valid email id and mobile number. Post registration, students get their login credentials on the e-mail id. Following that, candidates have to log in and fill the NIMCET Application Form. Importantly, candidates must keep in mind that they should not create multiple logins.
In the form, you need to enter your personal, academic details and test centre preference. After entering all these details, candidates have to upload the asked documents such as mark sheets, photographs, identity proof. After uploading the documents, candidates can pay the Application Fee.
In the last step, Take a print out of application form for future reference.
Application Fee: The NIMCET Exam 2019 Fee for this session has been notified by the institute. Candidates must pay the application fee online through the NIMCET website only. Candidates can check the fee in the table below.
|Open / OBC||Rs. 2200|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 1100|
NIMCET 2019 Eligibility
In order to take admission, candidates need to meet certain eligibility requirements. Read the detailed NIMCET Eligibility Criteria below.
- Final year candidates are eligible to apply for NIMCET 2019.
- A minimum of three-year graduation degree in B.Sc / B.Sc (Hons.) / BCA / BIT. Candidates must have Statistics / Mathematics as a subject or equivalent.
- Students of Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology Degree or equivalent from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for NIMCET.
- Candidates who have the above qualifications from Open Universities can also apply. Make sure that the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC).
- The candidates must be an Indian National.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- General / OBC Category students should have a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA score in the graduation degree
- Whereas, ST, SC needs to have atleast 55% or 6.0 CGPA aggregate in the graduation degree.