There are 805 MCA seats in various National Institutes of Technology (NITs), to which admission is through NIMCET Counselling 2018. NIMCET 2018 was held for NIT MCA Admission 2018-19. After declaring result of common entrance test, counselling of NIMCET 2018 has begun. Complete details of NIMCET Counselling 2018 such as schedule, seat matrix, choice filling, seat allotment result are given here.
NIMCET Counselling 2018
Consists of choice filling by candidates with NIMCET 2018 Rank, after that there will be seat allotment. There will be three rounds, round 1, 2 & 3, and final seat allotment. Choice filling happens first at the beginning of counselling, and then once before final round. The tentative dates are given below of NIMCET Counselling 2018 process. As soon as the official body releases any notification regarding counselling, details will be updated here.
Choice filling (Last date of Locking choice)
|10 to 14 Jun 2018 [upto 5 pm]|
|First Round of Allotment||16 Jun 2018|
|First round of Remote reporting in person in any of the participating NIT’S||22 & 23 Jun 2018 ( Time 10 am to 5 pm)|
|Second round of Remote reporting in person
(allottees must report. And allottees whose seats are upgraded need to report only if they wish to modify their option )
|5 & 6 Jul 2018. ( Time 10 am to 5 pm)|
|Third round of allotment/upgradations||10 Jul 2018|
|The third round of reporting at the allotted institute and Surrendering the allotted seats by those who do not wish to join but wish to participate in the final round .||16 & 17Jul 2018|
|Announcement of vacant seats|
|Fresh Choice Filling||22 & 23 Jul 2018|
|Final round of allotment||25 Jul 2018|
|Final round of reporting at allotted institute||30 Jul 2018|
Note* The Fourth round of VACANCY MATRIX will be declared on Jul 22, 2018.
Second Round of Allotment
The second round of allotment has been done after the first one. If a candidate has got the allotment for the first time, then he/she has to necessarily report to anyone of the Reporting Centres during July, 5-6, 2018 along with all of the required original documents, the seat allotment letter and the original Hall Ticket (for documents verification). However If a seat allotment is due to upgrade, then one need not report again to any reporting centre. Instead, he can exersise either “OPTION-I” or “OPTION-II” by choosing his option mentioned below. Candidates can now login to see the status of their application.
Seat Allotment: Click Here to check the Second Round of Allotment.
Note: Due to some problem from SBI, you may face payment failure. So kindly wait till issue gets resolved or pay through another source.
The results of the NIMCET-2018 test has been published. The successful candidates will get an email containing the link to the website where he/ she can download the Rank Card. The email also provides a new username (login) and password to the Choice Filling Website. Such candidates shall login first and reset the password of choice.
Steps for choice filling
- Login with hall ticket number and password.
- Candidates can reset their password in case they forget.
- After the login decide the order of preference. Fill choices.
- Lock choices before the last date.
- Seat allotments will be made on the basis of his/her rank and Institute choices locked.
- Candidates are advised to read the FAQ and information brochure before filling the application form.
The following options can be exercised by the candidates after the first and second round of allotments:
Option-1 : Candidates who wish to finalize the seat allotted to them and wish to join in the institute allotted to them. (Their higher preference choices, if any, will be ignored in subsequent rounds).
Option-2 : Candidates who wish to be considered in the next round for all of their higher preference choices (i.e. across institutes). Remote reporting center means any participating NIT whichever is near the candidate’s residence.
NIMCET 2018 Seat Allotment
- The exam conducting authority will allot seats on the basis of choices filled by the candidate in order of NIMCET 2018 rank.
- Those candidates who will be allotted seat, are required to report at any one of the participating NITs on the specified schedule. Remote reporting (done at any institute other than the allotted institute) shall be allowed only in first and second rounds of NIMCET Seat Allotment 2018.
- Original academic documents, date of birth proof, caste and relevant certificates have to be verified during the reporting. Also, the candidates will have to submit a payment receipt of Rs.10,000 paid via online mode only and give their options in the form.
- Candidates, who get seats in the first round of allotment and do not report to any reporting center at the specified schedule will not be considered for further admission process. Likewise, the rule will be implied on the second or further round of seat allotment.
Getting Admitted into the Allotted Institute
After the third round of NIMCET Seat Allotment 2018, candidates should be present at the latest allotted institute for admission in person.
Surrendering seats by the candidates
Candidates who have got seat allotted/upgraded in any round, and do not wish to join the institute, but they want to participate in the final round of allotment must approach a reporting center. The candidates will be able to surrender their seat as per the schedule by submitting a prescribed application. At a later stage, such candidates will receive an Rs. 9,000/- into their bank account.
Fresh Choice filling and final round of allotment
After the third round of reporting, the number of vacant seats across all participating NITs will be published online. Candidates who have not been allocated any seat in any round and those who have surrendered their seats will only be eligible to fill fresh choices for final Allotment of NIMCET 2018.
NIT MCA Seat Matrix
The seat matrix for MCA is given in the table below:
|Kurukshetra (Self financing seats)||02||00||08||00||05||00||14||01||30|
Official website: www.nimcet.in