How to Prepare for NIMCET 2021 – Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 explore ways to prepare for the national level entrance exam. Hence, here we present to you some important tips on how to prepare for NIMCET 2020. First of all, NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is held for MCA admission in 11 NITs. The exam is held in pen and paper mode and contains 120 multiple choice questions. The competition in the exam is fairly high, as around 2500 candidates compete to get admission in over 800+ seats. However, it is not impossible to crack the exam. The candidates can check How to Prepare for NIMCET 2021 from below.
How to Prepare for NIMCET 2021?
Few very important tips on for NIMCET preparation are as follows:
Know the syllabus – first of all, candidates must check and go through the syllabus of the exam. Marks the important topics and make notes for them. It makes easier to revise the topics at the time of the exam.
Understand exam pattern – second most important element is to understand the exam pattern. As per the pattern, the weightage of the marks of mathematics is more after that analytical ability & logical reasoning and there is also negative marking of 1 marks for every wrong answer. So the candidate must go through the pattern for better preparation according to it.
Important books – after knowing the syllabus, important topics, pattern, last thing came is the reference books. Candidates preparing for the exam must take the reference of the best books for practices. Candidates can refer to the best study material / books provided on this page.
Make a timetable: for starting preparing the best time is at least 5-6 months before the exam. First, make a timetable and for that be thorough with the exam pattern. By making a timetable, candidates can prepare in a better way in order to crack the examination.
Be calm and positive: as it is known, the preparation for any exam creates a lot of pressure on the students so it is advised to candidates to remain positive and calm while preparing. Candidates can also indulge in some other activities apart from the studies.
Best Books for Preparation of NIMCET 2021
Candidates can refer to the books for NIMCET preparation and can buy from the direct link provided in the table below:
|Computer, Marketing Aptitude and General Awareness with Banking for SBI Bank Clerk and PO exams by Disha Experts||Buy Now|
|Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
|Objective General English by S.P Bakshi||Buy Now|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Now|
|Handbook of Mathematics by Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
|Mathematics for Class 12 by R D Sharma (Set of 2 Volume) by R.D. Sharma||Buy Now|
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern as per last from below for the preparation of the exam:
- Duration: The examination is of 2 hours.
- Medium of Examination: The medium of the question is English only.
- Nature of Questions: The questions are going to be multiple choice questions.
- Total Number of Questions: There are going to be 120 questions in total.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, candidates are going to be awarded 04 marks and for every wrong answer 01 marks are going to be deducted.
Distribution of Questions: Candidates can have a look at the section-wise distribution of questions given below:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40|
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check out the syllabus for NIMCET 2021 below:
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices. • Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus for General English
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
NICET 2021 Preparation Tips Sections – Wise
Candidates can check the section-wise tips given below to get more brief information to crack the examination.
The questions in computer awareness sections depend on the logic gates and number system conversions. It is taught to purchase a book and start from the logic gates and number system conversions study from it. First of all, start with the basic concept like data representation, representation of characters, integers etc.
Among other sections, Mathematics is of the more weightage in NIMCET. So, if you are in good in maths it will be a plus point for you. To prepare for mathematics, candidates are required to do the brief study of the concepts of trigonometry, vectors, probability and statistics and much more. Most importantly, try to learn more formulas, as it will help you to easily solve the questions.
To prepare for the English section, candidates are advised to start with the basic level of English and to solve the comprehension passages. Practice the tenses again and again. Do antonyms and synonyms, learn new meaning and words.
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning:
Many candidates find difficultly to prepare and solve question in this section because mostly the question is based on the seating arrangement, scheduling, syllogism. It is advised to candidates to practice more and more puzzles, series, crossword, sample papers to crack this section.
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is conducted by 10 NITs on a rotational basis for admission in Master’s in Computer application courses. It is a National level entrance exam for all the eligible candidates who want to get admission to the MCA Programme. Through the score and rank of NIMCET, candidates can get admission in selected National Institutes of Technology (NITs), University of Hyderabad (UoH), Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU) and in Harcourt Butler Technical University.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) is a autonomous public institute in India established. First NIT was established in 2001 in Allahabad, India, after that in Bhopal and other NITs was founded. Including Allahbad there are total 31 NITs across India. These institutes are one of the top rankings institutes in India. There are around 21,133 seats in under graduates courses and 10,550 seats for postgraduate programs in all the NITs.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.