Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences is a University established under the State Act, 1989
and conducting various medical courses including PG and Super Specialty courses as per MCI
Regulations. Admissions shall be made based on common counselling for all seats of NEET
Super Specialty-2018 at National level conducted by Directorate General of Health Services
(DGHS). Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences offers admission to DM/M.Ch course for the session 2018-19. Admission to DM/M.Ch course courses will be done on the basis of NEET SS 2018. Candidates who have qualified the NEET SS 2018 organised by the National Board of Examinations and appeared in the common counselling conducted by DGHS will be eligible for admission to Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences DM/M.Ch Admission 2018.
NEET SS 2018 is organised by the National Board of Examinations. NEET SS is an Eligbility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for DM / MCh courses. NEET SS 2018 exam was conducted on 06 July 2018 and result of NEET SS 2018 was declared on 16 Jul 2018.
NIMS-Admission into DM/M.Ch Super Speciality Courses 2018
As per Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Common counselling shall be conducted for all the seats of NEET-Super Speciality at National level to be conducted by Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS).
Method of Selection
The counseling shall be conducted as per the rules and regulations issued by Directorate
General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of
- a) The candidate shall execute a bond as prescribed at Annexure I of this prospectus
that in the event of discontinuation after closure of admissions shall have to pay a penalty of
Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees Five lakhs only) and stipend received if any as per G.O.Ms.No.74
b) The candidate shall also execute another bond as prescribed at Annexure II, that If
required, the candidate shall work in the post and pay offered by the Institute/Government
of Telangana after successful completion of the PG super specialty course for a period of two
years failing which, he/she shall be bound to pay a sum of Rs.50,00,000/- (Rupees fifty lakhs
only) to the Institute, till such time their certificates shall be withheld by the Institute.
c) Compulsory Service: As per G.O.Ms. No.165, Health Medical & Family Welfare (C1)
Department dated 06.09.2017 all the post graduates have to render compulsory service for a
period of two years after successful completion of the course. Accordingly, the
postgraduates of NIMS also have to work in the post offered by the Institute for a period of
two years. If their services are not required, they will be surrendered to the Government of
Telangana. After completion of two years service, their degrees will be registered by State
Medical Council of Telangana (Copy of the G.O. is placed in the institute’s website).
d) After closure of admissions, during course of study, a candidate can seek his/her
original certificates on fulfilling the following conditions: Deposit or furnish a bank
guarantee in favour of the institute for Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees ten lakhs only) in addition to
- All those candidates who have been allotted the seat during the counselling by DGHS have
to pay the fee as specified below and submit the original certificates on the date of
admission and time specified. Failure to submit the required certificates or pay the fee shall
render the candidate forfeit his/her seat. The candidates joining the course have to submit
bond at the time of admission as per the format enclosed to the prospectus at Annexure-I &
II that they shall complete the course and to render two years compulsory service for a
period of two years after successful completion of course failing which the conditions of the
bond shall be invoked. The bond may be signed by the student and parents on Non-Judicial
Stamped paper of Rs.100/-. The signature of the surety should be supported by copies of
PAN Card & Photo Identity.
- For In-service candidates who are pursuing studies and who cannot deposit the original
certificates at the time of admission have to bring Xerox copies of the original certificates
duly attested by the controlling authorities of the institution. They shall also produce a
certificate from the institution that they have no objection to the candidate’s admission to
the post graduate degree course and in the event of selection of the candidate to the course
he/she shall be relieved immediately. Failure to submit the above certificates shall render
the candidates being ineligible for admission.
- After the certificates are scrutinized and found to be in order, the candidate signs an
agreement and he/she shall be given the admission letter. This is treated as
completion of the admission process.
- In all matters relating to selections and admissions, the decision of the DGHS shall be final
and binding on the candidates and selection cannot be questioned after admissions are
- No individual correspondence will be made for selection/admission and in any matter.
Candidates are requested to follow the instructions/information stated in prospectus at
website: www.nims.edu.in as per the scheduled programme mentioned in prospectus. The
candidates are also requested to follow the notifications issued by DGHS from time to time.
- Institute is not responsible for any unforeseen events preventing the candidate from
reaching for admission and the candidate will be considered absent under such
- Any attempt on the part of the candidate to influence directly or indirectly by any means will
be treated as disqualification.
- The selected candidates who are employees in the States of Telangana and other states,
Central Government under taking, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and
other similar quasi-public Institutions should submit relieving order along with original
certificates at the time and date specified, failing which he/she forfeits the right to
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
- The candidates selected including in-service candidates (state/central), for
admission are required to pay the above fee. Nonpayment of fee will
entail discontinuation of the course.
- The average annual fee is Rs. 90,333/- as stated in the college information
in the DGHS website.
- The student shall maintain strict discipline during the period of study/training programme in
terms of conduct rules of the NIMS. Violation of the conduct rules will result in the
cancellation of the admission of the candidate apart from invoking the terms and conditions
of the bond. The candidate shall not resort to any strikes during period of their study in
dereliction of their duties or air their views criticizing the policies of the institute either
before the print or electronic media or anywhere.
- The courses are full time courses. The candidate shall be full time resident. No postgraduate
is allowed to do any private practice or consultation.
- The candidate shall not register for any other Degree / Diploma and continue the studies,
unless specifically permitted by the Institute.
- Accommodation will be provided to the candidates to the extent available on a rent fixed asper rules of Institute. They will have to necessarily stay in the accommodation, if provided by the Institute.
- Duties and responsibilities of students joining D.M./M.Ch courses shall be fixed by the
institute from time to time. They will be required to pursue such works may be needed in
the legitimate interest of patient care in the hospital.
- The selection of each student will be subject to medical fitness. The medical fitness will be
decided by the Medical Board appointed by the Institute. The decision of the Medical Board
shall be final. If found to be unfit the fee will be refunded except the medical fee (i.e.
- The performance of the candidate joining the course will be evaluated at the end of every six
months by a committee constituted for the purpose and in case of unsatisfactory
performance, the institute has the right to take appropriate action to extend the period of
training or detain the candidate and make him/her ineligible for appearing for final
examination including the removal of the name of the candidate from the rolls of the
- The candidate shall maintain a logbook. There shall be entry of various special investigations
done, procedure, operations performed, etc., by the candidate during the study period
certified by the head of department. This shall be submitted to the examiners at the time of
practical’s and viva-voce examination.
- All the candidates joining the postgraduate training programme shall work as “Full Time
Residents” during the period of training and shall attend not less than 80% (eighty percent)
of the imparted training during each academic year including assignments, assessed full time
responsibilities and participation in all facets of the educational process.
- All guidelines/instructions/admission schedule issued by Medical Council of India from to
time will be applicable.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of examination will not be permitted to
appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or
being successful in the examination, the results of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or
are deemed to be cancelled.
- The super specialty degree candidates must complete the final examination within a period
of 8 (eight) years from the date of admission to the course, failing which the candidate will
be required to re-register for super specialty degree course after getting himself/herself
selected for the course.
- The student shall maintain strict discipline during the period of study/training programme in
For more details – Click here to NIMS official website.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.