NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019 – National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER) has released notification for admission to the Ph.D. programme for the summer session. Application form for admission to Ph.D. Programme 2019 (Summer Session) in the following schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar has been released. The candidate who wanted to take admission to Ph.D. Programme 2019 (summer session) have to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process etc. are given below.
Schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar are:
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019
The registration process for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019 will be open from July 23, 2019. Eligible & interested candidates who were seeking admission to Ph.D. Programme 2019 (Summer Session) in the mentioned above schools had to fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidate can get all the important dates and details regarding NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Programme 2019 (Summer Session) on this page.
|Online application starts from||02 Mar 2019|
|Last date for filling up online application||01 Apr 2019|
|List of short-listed candidates uploaded on NISER website|
|School of Biological Sciences||15 Apr 2019|
|School of Chemical Sciences||15 Apr 2019|
|School of Computer Sciences||15 Apr 2019|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||15 Apr 2019|
|School of Mathematical Science||15 Apr 2019|
|School of Physical Science||15 Apr 2019|
|Dates for test/interview, at Jatni campus|
|School of Biological Sciences||16-17 May 2019|
|School of Chemical Sciences||13- 14 May 2019|
|School of Computer Sciences||24 May 2019|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||14-15 May 2019|
|School of Mathematical Science||27-29 May 2019|
|School of Physical Science||27-28 May 2019|
|Registration starts from||23 Jul 2019|
The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents of eligibility criteria. NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.d
Application Form: Click here to apply for Ph.D. Summer 2019 Admissions
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Biological Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M.Tech in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology. Students with Masters degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having an interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
Chemical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields. Student with masters degree in any branches of basic science with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply
Computer Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics Engineering or related fields, or Mathematics.
Humanities and Social Sciences: 55%or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines.
Physical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Master’s degree majoring in Physics or M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
Mathematical Sciences:60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science.
Check List for Application Submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading:
- JPEG file of your passport size photo.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category(SC/ST), only if applicable.
- Certificate and mark sheet in support of passing qualifying i.e. Master’s degree.
- Certificate/ documents in support of qualifying national level examination viz. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/GPAT/NBHM/INSPIRE(Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme)/JGEEBILS or another.
- Candidates who have appeared CSIR-UGC-NET exam held in December 2018 and are awaiting the result are required to upload the CSIR-UGC-NET admit card at the time of submission of online application.
How to apply
- Go to official website http://www.niser.ac.in.
- Fill the application form with correct information in detail.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application form for each school should fill up online application form for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the reference on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of reference in the prescribed format of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D program.
Each school will send the call letters/admit card separately for test/interview to those Candidates who will successfully submit an Application form along with all documents within the given time frame. Admit Card is a very important document as it contains all information related to exam such as the name of the candidate, roll number, exam center etc.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute/venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
Shortlisted Candidates for Entrance test and Interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for the different courses of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019, for the test/interview process will be released. The candidates who will be shortlisted for test/interview are on the basis of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria as per the advertisement. Candidates can check shortlisted candidates list, the link will be provided below.
List of the candidates selected for the admission of NISER Bhubneshwar Ph.D. will be released. Selected candidates will have to report for registration on at NISER with their original documents. To check the result, the link will be provided below.
Official Website: www.niser.ac.in
- Click here to check notification for the NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019.
For more details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2019 (Summer Session) candidates can refer to last year Information Notification.