NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 – National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER) had released List of selected candidates for PhD admission for winter session. Application form for admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (Winter Session) in the following schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar were released. The candidate who wanted to take admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (Winter session) had to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process etc. are given below.
Schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar are:
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018
The registration process for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 was opened as per the schedule is given below. Eligible & interested candidates who were seeking admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (Winter Session) in the mentioned above schools had to fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidate can get all the important dates and details regarding NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Programme 2018 (Winter Session) on this page.
|Online application starts from||01 Oct 2018|
|Last date for filling up online application||02 Nov 2018|
|List of short-listed candidates uploaded on NISER website|
|School of Physical Sciences||12 Nov 2018|
|School of Biological Sciences||12 Nov 2018|
|School of Computer Sciences||12 Nov 2018|
|School of Chemical Sciences||12 Nov 2018|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||12 Nov 2018|
|Dates for test/interview, at Jatni campus|
|School of Physical Sciences||15-16 Dec 2018|
|School of Biological Sciences||11-12 Dec 2018|
|School of Chemical Sciences||10-11 Dec 2018|
|School of Computer Sciences||26 Nov 2018|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||28-29 Nov 2018|
List of the candidates selected for the admission of NISER Bhubneshwar Ph.D. has been released. Selected candidates will have to report for registration on at NISER with their original documents. To check the result, the link has been provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click here to check the list of selected candidate for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 (Winter session).
Shortlisted Candidates for Entrance test and Interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for the different courses of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018, for the test/interview process has been released. The candidates who got shortlisted for test/interview are on the basis of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria as per the advertisement. Candidates can check shortlisted candidates list from the link will be provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for test/ interview admission to Ph.D winter programme.
The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents of eligibility criteria.
Application Fee: NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.d.
Check List for Application Submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading:
- JPEG file of your passport size photo.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category(SC/ST), only if applicable.
- Certificate and mark sheet in support of passing qualifying i.e. Master’s degree.
- Certificate/ documents in support of qualifying national level examination viz. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/GPAT/NBHM/INSPIRE(Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme)/JGEEBILS or another.
How to apply
- Go to official website http://www.niser.ac.in.
- Fill the application form with correct information in detail.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application form for each school should fill up online application form for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the reference on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of reference in the prescribed format of the reference letter is available online.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Biological Sciences: 60% in Masters or M.Tech in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology. Students with Masters degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
Chemical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields. Student with masters in any branches of Basic Sciences or M.Tech in Applied chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing career in Chemistry
Physical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA cumulatively till the last year/semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics OR M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
Mathematical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science
Humanities and Social Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines.
Each school will send the call letters/admit card separately for test/interview to those Candidates who will successfully submit an Application form along with all documents within the given time frame. Admit Card is a very important document as it contains all information related to exam such as the name of the candidate, roll number, exam center etc.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute/venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
Official Website: www.niser.ac.in
For more details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 (Winter Session) –Download Notification.