NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2020 – Application Form for Winter Session for admission to Ph.D. National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER) releases the notification for admission to the Ph.D programme. After the completion of the application process, shortlisted candidates list is released and they are called for written test/interview (If necessary). Details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process etc. are given below.
Latest: NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admisison 2020 Application Form for Winter Session is now availbale.
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2020
Candidates called for Test /interview will be paid to and fro single second class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. The complete schedule for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2020 is given below.
|NISER Ph.D Admission 2020||Summer Session Dates||Winter Session Dates|
|Online application||01 Mar 2020||21 Oct 2020|
|Last date for filling up online application|
10 May 2020
|05 Nov 2020|
|List of short-listed candidates|
15 Jun 2020
|10 Nov 2020|
|Dates for test/interview|
|School of Biological Sciences||21 – 23 Dec 2020|
|School of Chemical Sciences||07 – 09 Dec 2020|
|School of Computer Sciences||14 – 13 Dec 2020|
|School of Earth & Planetary Sciences||10- 13 Dec 2020|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||25 Nov 2020|
|School of Mathematical Sciences||16 – 18 Dec 2020|
|School of Physical Science||26 – 28 Nov 2020|
|Registration starts from||04 Jan 2021|
Schedule for MSc-PhD Programme in Physics
|NISER M.Sc-Ph.D Admission 2020||Dates|
|Availability of online applications||13 Mar 2020|
|Last date of online application|
|List of shortlisted candidates|
|Date of Test/Interview|
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D 2020 Application Form
The application form have to be filled up online at the official website i.e. niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents of eligibility criteria. NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D Admission.
Apply Here: Click here to fill the Application Form for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D 2020 Winter Session.
Check List for Application Submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading:
- JPEG file of your passport size photo.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category(SC/ST), only if applicable.
- Certificate and mark sheet in support of passing qualifying i.e. Master’s degree.
- Certificate/ documents in support of qualifying national level examination viz. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/GPAT/NBHM/INSPIRE(Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme) or another.
- For students applying for PhD in Mathematics through NBHM PhD written test-2020 need to upload the interview call letter received from NBHM.
- Candidates who have appeared CSIR-UGC-NET exam held in December 2019 and are awaiting the result are required to upload the CSIR-UGC-NET admit card at the time of submission of online application.
How to apply?
- Go to official website (niser.ac.in) and look for the link provided to fill the application form.
- Now enter the information asked and “click to register” button as shown in below image.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application form for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the reference on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of reference in the prescribed format of the reference letter is available online..
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Biological Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M.Tech in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology. Students with Masters degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having an interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
Chemical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields. Student with masters degree in any branches of basic science with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
Computer Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics Engineering or related fields, or Mathematics.
Humanities and Social Sciences: 55%or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines.
Earth & Planetary Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Physics, Chemistry, Space, Earth, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences OR M.Tech in Space Technology, Hydrological and Earth System Sciences.
Mathematical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Mathematics or Computer Science.
Physical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Master’s degree majoring in Physics or M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
Integrated MSc-PhD Programme in Physics: Applicants with first class marks in Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences or an equivalent degree with Physics as one of the main subjects or BE/B.Tech in Engineering Physics from a recognized University are eligible to apply.
Note: For information on NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Eligibility conditions, check the admission notification of 2020 session from below.
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D 2020 Admit Card
Each school will send the call letters/admit card separately for test/interview to those Candidates who will successfully submit an Application form along with all documents within the given time frame. Admit Card is a very important document as it contains all information related to exam such as the name of the candidate, roll number, exam center etc. To download the admit card candidates need to visit the official website and enter the details as asked.
Shortlist for Entrance test and Interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for the different courses of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2020, for the test/interview process, will be released after the completion of application process. The candidates who will be shortlisted for test/interview will be on the basis of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. The shortlisted candidates will only receive the admit card.
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D 2020 Selection Procedure
The applications are invited first and the eligible candidates will be selected from among the total applications received. The candidates shortlisted will receive the admit card and will appear for Interview / test. There are five schools of basic sciences at NISER which are mentioned below.
Schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar are.
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
- School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
- . School of Earth & Planetary Sciences (SEPS)
After the conduction of Interview/Test the result will be formulated on the basis of the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
Integrated MSc-PhD Programme in Physics: Shortlisting of candidates is done on the basis of JAM 2020/JEST 2020 Mark which will be followed by a test/interview for the final selection of candidates.
Note: All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute/venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D 2020 Result
List of the candidates selected for the admission of NISER Bhubneshwar Ph.D. will be released. Selected candidates will have to report for registration on at NISER with their original documents. To check the result, the link will be provided on the official website (niser.ac.in).
The fellowship given by NISER is Rs. 31,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
Address for communication and more details:
Faculty-In Charge (Academic Affairs),
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
P.O.-Jatni, Dist-Khurda, Odisha-752050
Phone: 0674-2494013, Fax-0674-2494004
Email: [email protected]
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2020 Test/Interview Shortlist (For Summer Session)
After the application submission window is closed, the institute scrutinizes the applications received. Suitable candidates are shortlisted based on academic merit and fulfillment of eligibility criteria. The shortlisted candidates have to appear for written test and/or interview as per the schedule. Candidates can check the shortlist for test and interview procedure below.
- Click here to check the list of candidates shortlisted for Ph.D in various schools.
- Click here to check the list of candidates shortlisted for M.Sc-Ph.D in School of Physical Sciences.
Official Website: niser.ac.in
For more details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2020 and Integrated MSc-PhD Programme 2020, candidates can refer below documents
- Ph.D. Admission 2020 Winter Notification
- Ph.D. Admission 2020 Summer Notification
- Integrated MSc-PhD Admission 2020 Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.