NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 – National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER) has released application form for admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (summer session) in the following schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar. The candidate who wants to take admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (summer session) should fill and submit the application form on or before the last date. Details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process etc. are given below.
Schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar are:
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018
The registration process for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 is opened now as per the schedule is given below. Eligible & interested candidates who are seeking admission to Ph.D. Programme 2018 (summer session) in the mentioned above schools should fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidate can get all the important dates and details regarding NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Programme 2018 (summer session) on this page.
|Online application starts from||26 Feb 2018|
|Last date for filling up online application|
|List of short-listed candidates uploaded on NISER website|
|School of Physical Sciences||16 Apr 2018|
|School of Biological Sciences||06 Apr 2018|
|School of Mathematical Sciences||06 Apr 2018|
|School of Chemical Sciences||10 Apr 2018|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||03 Apr 2018|
|Tentative dates for test/interview, at Jatni campus|
|School of Physical Sciences||15-16 May 2018|
|School of Biological Sciences||16-17 May 2018|
|School of Chemical Sciences||21-22 May 2018|
|School of Mathematical Sciences||23-24 May 2018|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||28-29 May 2018|
List of the candidates selected for the admission of NISER Bhubneshwar Ph.D. is out. Selected candidates have to report for registration on 24 July 2018 at 9:30 at NISER with their original documents. To check the result, the link is provided below.
- Click Here to check the Instructions & list of students for 3rd counselling.
- Click here to check Wait-listed Candidates Ph.D. Admission 2018. (Summer Session)
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates for NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. admissions.
Shortlisted Candidates for test/interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for the different courses of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018, for the test/interview process has been been released now. The following candidates have been shortlisted for test/interview on the basis of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria as per the advertisement. Candidates can check details from the link provided below.
- Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for various courses for the test/interview process.
- Click here to check the list of additional shortlisted candidates for various courses for the test/interview process.
The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents of eligibility criteria.
- Apply Online- Application Procss is Over…..
Application Fee: NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.d
Check List for Application Submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading:
- JPEG file of your passport size photo.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category(SC/ST), only if applicable.
- Certificate and mark sheet in support of passing qualifying i.e. Master’s degree.
- Certificate/ documents in support of qualifying national level examination viz. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/GPAT/NBHM/INSPIRE(Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme)/JGEEBILS or another.
How to apply
- Go to official website http://www.niser.ac.in.
- Fill the application form with correct information in detail.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application form for each school should fill up online application form for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the reference on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of reference in the prescribed format of the reference letter is available online.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Biological Sciences: 60% in Masters or M.Tech in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology. Students with Masters degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
- Chemical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields. Student with masters in any branches of Basic Sciences or M.Tech in Applied chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing career in Chemistry
- Physical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA cumulatively till the last year/semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics OR M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
- Mathematical Sciences: 60% in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science
- Humanities and Social Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines
Each school will send the call letters/admit card separately for test/interview to those Candidates who will successfully submit an Application form along with all documents within the given time frame. Admit Card is a very important document as it contains all information related to exam such as the name of the candidate, roll number, exam center etc.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute/venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
Official Website: www.niser.ac.in
For more details of NISER Bhubaneswar Ph.D. Admission 2018 –Download INotification.