NISWASS Admission 2020 – National Institute of Social Work and Social Sciences (NISWASS) offers admissions to three-year full-time graduate course leads to B.A. Degree in Social Work and two-year full-time Post-Graduate course leading to Masters of Arts Degree in Social Communication, Rural Management & Gandhian Studies, and Buddhist Studies, conducted by the Department of Social Work of Utkal University. Interested candidates who wish to get NISWASS Admission 2020 need to fill the application form as per schedule at the official website. Candidates can get here complete details of NISWASS Admission 2020 like eligibility criteria, the application process, selection procedure etc from the article below.
Latest: NISWASS has released the application form. Scroll down to Apply.
NISWASS Admission 2020
Selection of candidates for NISWASS Admission 2020 will be on merit as determined by academic record supplemented by appropriate written/oral tests/ group discussions etc. in order to find out the candidate’s suitability for admission to the particular course. The complete schedule of NISWASS Admission 2020 along with exam date can be known from the table below.
|Commencement of Online Form Fill up||Available|
|Last Date of Online Form Fill up and Submission||30 Aug 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam (For MA Course)||to be announced|
NISWASS Admission 2020 Application Form
Applications are invited from eligible candidates in the prescribed form for admission. Prescribed application forms can be obtained from the office of NISWASS on payment of Rs. 300/- or it can also be downloaded from official website http://www.niswass.org. Those who want to get the forms by mail must remit an amount of Rs. 350/- (INR Three Hundred Fifty only) by Demand Draft has drawn in favour of National Institute of Social Work & Social Sciences & payable at Bhubaneswar.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the application form.
Instructions for filling up and submission of forms
The application filing and submitting procedure is a crucial step in the admission procedure of exams. Hence, keeping in mind that how crucial this step is for the candidates. We have listed a few guidelines that will help the candidate to fill and submit the application form easily without any hassle. A few instructions are listed below.
Downloading of Form
- Go to the link to download the PDF of the application form for admission. All details need to be filled in the PDF itself.
- Read it carefully and fill up the details in the PDF and save the document for uploading it to the website.
- Before uploading the PDF, payment of fees has to be made which can be done either online using net banking or through the card or a demand draft (in favour of National Institute of Social Work & Social Sciences & payable at Bhubaneswar). After paying the fees, the receipt number or the DD number needs to be provided for uploading of the form.
- Once the payment has been made, the candidate can upload the document by providing, the receipt number or the DD number.
Uploading of Form and Submission of hard copy to the Institute
- After uploading of the form a hard copy of the complete Application Form along with photocopies of supportive educational documents has to be sent to NISWASS, 3 Chandrasekarpur, Bhubaneswar-751023, Odisha.
- Incomplete Application Form will be liable to get rejected.
- No entertainment of Application Form after the lapse of the last date.
Documents and Certificates
- Certificates and mark-sheets of different examinations, beginning from H.S.C. to the last Degree examinations passed. In case of delay in obtaining the original diploma for no fault of the candidate, provisional certificates will be accepted;
- Caste/Tribe Certificate duly issued by a Revenue Officer, not below the rank of a Tahsildar in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST;
- Certificates regarding experience in Social Service or Community Work or co-curricular activities signed by concerned competent authorities;
- Original Money Receipt of the Application form;
- One recent passport size photograph to be firmly affixed to the form at the specified space.
- A self-addressed envelope of size 10 cm x 4 cm affixed with postage stamp of Rs.5/-.
- Demand Draft of Rs. 300/- if paying offline.
- Bank Receipt of online payment if paying online.
NISWASS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for the candidates to fulfill the required eligibility criteria for NISWASS Admission 2020 or they will not be granted admission. The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
For B.A in Social Work (BSW)
- The candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (+2) examinations of Government of Odisha, or HSE of the Central Board, or any other State Government, or equivalent examination, approved by the Utkal University, are eligible for admission to the course.
- Admission is open to aspiring candidates both male and female from India and abroad. Seats for the Scheduled Castes/Tribes and the Physically challenged are reserved as per existing rules.
- Academic record, co-curricular activities, and social service, community work experience, if any, constitute the criteria of selection to this course, for which merit list will be prepared. The list of candidates shortlisted for admission will be prepared in order of merit, and according to marks obtained in various tests.
For M.A in Social Work
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Arts, Science or Commerce of a recognized University, with 50% marks in the aggregate, (45% for SC/ST) are eligible to apply for admission. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and candidates of other special categories as per Rules.
- Academic record, performance in entrance tests, nature of co-curricular activities, social service or practical field experience in action situations, if any, will form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course. Those sponsored by welfare organizations will be preferred.
For M.A in Social Communication
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Arts, Science or Commerce of a recognized University, with 50% marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST) are eligible to apply for admission. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and physically challenged candidates as per Rules.
- Academic record, performance in entrance tests, nature of co-curricular activities, social service or practical field experience in action situations, if any, will form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course. Those sponsored by welfare organizations or media may be given preference, other things being equal.
M.A. in Rural Management & Gandhian Studies
- Graduates from any discipline from a recognized University with 45% for general and 40% marks for SC/ST in aggregate can apply. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and physically challenged candidates as per rules. Those who are in the final year and expect to compete for all the requirements of graduation by the beginning of the selection process in the present course can also apply.
- Academic record, performance in personal interviews, nature of social service or practical field experience shall form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course.
- The Institute would welcome employees of NGOs, engaged in rural development and those associated with Gandhian Institutions, as sponsored candidates who should hold a Graduate Degree in any stream-Science, Arts, Commerce, and Management.
M.A in Buddhist Studies
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce of recognized University, with 45% marks in the aggregate, (40% for SC/ST) are eligible to apply for admission. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and candidates of other special categories as per Rules.
- Academic record, performance in entrance tests, nature of Co-curricular activities, social service or practical field experience in action situations, if any, will form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course. Those sponsored by welfare organizations will be preferred.
NISWASS Admission 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for the entrance test will be sent to the email-id provided by the candidate once receipt of payment is confirmed. Candidates need to ensure that all the details provided on admit card are correct. Candidates should have to carry the admit card as it is mandatory to appear for the exam.
NISWASS Admission 2020 Result
The list of selected candidates for admission to various courses in National Institute of Social Work and Social Sciences (NISWASS) will be put on the Notice Board of the Institute three full days after the last day of the entrance tests/interview. Candidates should take admission by paying the fees at the earliest of the publication of the selection list.
Original Certificates / Documents to be Produced at the Time of Admission
On admission the candidates should submit the following certificates in original for verification and acceptance:
- All certificates and mark-sheets up to last qualifying examination passed and conduct certificate.
- University Registration Receipt/Migration Certificate
- Four passport size colour photographs.
- College-leaving certificate (to be retained in the office of the Institute)
- Caste certificate
NISWASS Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
For B.A in Social Work (BSW)
The process of selection for admission to B.A in Social Work (BSW) course will consist of the following:
- Academic record: 150 marks
- Viva-voce: 50 marks
- Total: 200 marks
For M.A in Social Work, Social Communication, Rural Management & Gandhian Studies, and Buddhist Studies
The process of selection for admission to the above courses will consist of the following;
- Academic record: 150 marks
- Written test: 50 marks
- Group-discussion: 50 marks
- Viva-voce: 50 marks
- Total: 300 marks
The intake of students will be governed by the prevailing University and Government regulations and are as follows:
|B.A in Social Work||120|
|M.A in Social Work||64|
|M.A in Social Communication||16|
|M.A. in Rural Management & Gandhian Studies||30|
|M.A in Buddhist Studies||16|
Official Website: niswass.org
For more details about NISWASS Admission 2020, candidates can check the previous year details for reference purpose:
- For B.A in Social Work (BSW).
- For M.A in Social Work, Social Communication, Rural Management & Gandhian Studies, and Buddhist Studies.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.