NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020: NIT Calicut has released notification and application form for admission to the M.Tech Programmes (under Sponsored Category) for July 2020. The application form can be submitted through the official website of the institute, nitc.ac.in. The selection of candidates is done based on a written test and/or an interview. Candidates can read the complete details regarding NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc. on this page.
Latest: Online applications have commenced for NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020. Scroll down to find the application link.
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020
The duration of the course is 2 years (4 semesters). All the programmes are based on credit system and comprise various core courses, elective courses and project work. Candidates can go through important admission dates in the table below.
Schedule for NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020
|Availability of Online Application||23 Apr – 19 May 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications (by email)||19 May 2020|
|Test and/or Interview||to be announced|
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Application Form of NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 is available on the official website. Interested & eligible candidates can also fill the application form online through the direct link, which is given below. Candidates are advised to read eligibility criteria and other details carefully before submitting the application form.
Application Fee: It has to be paid online using internet banking/ credit card/ debit card/ SBI challan through SBICollect. Note that the application fee amount is non-refundable.
How to Apply?
Before you start filling in the online application form, keep the following documents ready with you
- Softcopy of your recent photograph for uploading in the online application (Maximum of 120 kB)
- 10th class certificate
- Mark list of the undergraduate degree course and diploma (for lateral entry candidate)
- Fee Payment Receipt
Step 1: Using the direct link provided above, access the registration window. Provide email id, mobile number and set up a password to create a login on the online portal.
Step 2: Pay the application fee online and obtain the fee payment receipt. This has to be uploaded in the online application form.
Step 3: Complete the NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form and upload a recent photo with maximum size of 120 kb.
Step 4: Submit the form and take a print out of it.
Step 5: Finally, send the downloaded application form and scanned copies of documents through email to [email protected] before the last date.
Documents to be Enclosed
The following documents arranged in the order given below should be enclosed along with the application (whichever is applicable):
- Self-attested copy of mark lists & degree certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Self-attested copy of proof of date of birth.
- Self-attested copy of experience certificate.
- Sponsorship certificate duly filled by the sponsoring authority on their letterhead with the seal of the sponsoring authority in the prescribed format.
- No objection certificate duly signed by the Head of the institution.
- Certificate of AICTE recognition in the prescribed format, for teachers sponsored by Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics.
- Application fee receipt
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for admission to sponsored seats below.
Age Limit: The upper age limit for admission to M.Tech programme is 50 years.
- Candidates must possess a BE/B.Tech or an equivalent degree in the respective discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks (or 6.5 CGPA). However, SC/ST/PWD candidates need a minimum of 55% marks (or 6 CGPA) to be eligible.
- Candidates with AMIE or any other nationally approved programme’s degree which is considered equivalent to BE/B.Tech are also eligible.
- The candidates under lateral entry must have passed 3-year diploma course in engineering with a minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5/10). However, for SC/ST/PWD candidates, this requirement is relaxed to a minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0/10).
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum experience of 2 years at the time of application. There are a maximum of 5 sponsored seats in each of the M.Tech programmes at the institute.
- Candidates belonging to Public Sector Organizations, Central/State government institutions and reputed private organizations are considered eligible for admission under sponsored category. Also, in the case of teachers who are sponsored by Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics, the Institution must be recognized by AICTE/CoA.
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection Process
Only those candidates are considered to selection whose applications are complete and are received before the application window closes. National Institute of Technology, Calicut admits the students into M.Tech (Sponsored) programmes using a written test and/or interview. These are conducted by the respective department/school one has applied to. Check more details regarding test and interview below.
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Call Letter
Candidates who get shortlisted for test and/or interview have to appear for the same and bring along a call letter. The call letter is uploaded on the official website of NIT Calicut before the test. To download the call letter, candidates need to login into their accounts using application number and date of birth. No individual call letters are sent to the candidates. While appearing for the test and/or interview, candidates also have to carry all original documents and certificates for verification.
Reporting time for test/interview: 09:00 AM
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The candidates can have a look at the fee structure for the M.Tech courses in the institute below.
For More Details of NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.