NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017 : NIT Calicut has released notification for admission to the M.Tech. Programmes (under Sponsored Category) July 2017. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
M.Tech. Programmes Offered
- M.Tech – Chemical Engineering,Structural Engineering, Traffic & Transportation Planning, Offshore Structures, Environmental Geotechnology, Water Resources Engineering, Computer Science & Engg., Computer Science & Engg. (Information Security), Instrumentation & Control Systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Industrial Power & Automation, High Voltage Engineering, Electronics Design & Technology, Microelectronics & VLSI Design, Telecommunication, Signal Processing, Industrial Engineering & Management, Thermal Sciences, Manufacturing Technology, Energy Engineering & Management, Materials Science & Technology, Machine Design, Nano -Technology
- M. Plan – Urban Planning
NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017
NIT Calicut has published admission notice for M.Tech. Programmes (under Sponsored Category) for the July 2017 session. Interested & eligible candidates can apply online on or before the last date. The complete details of NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017 along with online application form are given below.
|Availability of Online Application||31 Mar to 05 May 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications (Hard copy)||12 May 2017|
|Test and/or Interview||08 Jun 2017|
|Date of Admission and Reporting for the Programme||10 Jul 2017 (tentative)|
Application Form of NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017 is available on the official website at nitc.ac.in. Interested & eligible candidates can also fill the application form online through the direct link, which is given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details before submit the application form.
Demand Draft of Rs. 600/- towards application fee drawn in favour of “Director NIT Calicut” payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut Branch (Code No. 2207) is to be enclosed.
How to Apply?
Before you start filling-in the online application form, keep the following documents ready with you
- Softcopy of your recent PHOTOGRAPH for uploading in the online application (Maximum of 120 kB)
- 10th class certificate
- Mark list of the under graduate degree course and diploma (for lateral entry candidate)
- Demand Draft towards application fee
The online application form is best viewed with Internet Explorer 9 or lower version. On submission of online application, a recent PHOTOGRAPH (Maximum of 120 kB) of the candidate is to be uploaded on the online application. Finally, a printout of the application is to be taken. To view „the application to be printed‟, you require an Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or higher.
Candidates applying for admission to different departments / schools will have to write the corresponding codes in the appropriate columns in the Application Form. If a candidate is applying for more than one department/school, submit separate application and Demand Draft.
Six copies of the same photograph (uploaded in the application) and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission.
The following documents arranged in the order given below should be enclosed along with the application (whichever is applicable):
- Self attested copy of mark lists & degree certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Self attested copy of proof of date of birth.
- Self attested copy of experience certificate.
- Sponsorship certificate duly filled by the sponsoring authority on their letter head with the seal of the sponsoring authority in the prescribed format.
- No objection certificate duly signed by the Head of the institution.
- Certificate of AICTE recognition in the prescribed format, for teachers sponsored by Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics.
- Demand draft towards application fee as per the category of the candidate
Printout of the Application with all the above enclosures should be sent (in A4 size cover) by Registered Post/ Speed Post so as to reach the Chairperson – PG Admissions, National Institute of Technology Calicut, NIT Campus PO, Calicut – 673 601, Kerala on or before 12th May 2017.
Candidates for admission to M.Tech. Degree Programme (Sponsored Category) shall be required to have passed the four-year regular full time B.E./B.Tech. Degree with 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years in the qualifying examination and for SC/ST candidates 55% marks (CGPA 6/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years.
Candidates under lateral entry should have passed the three year diploma in engineering with 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates).
Candidates for admission to M.Plan. Degree Programme (Sponsored Category) shall be required to have passed the five-year regular full time B.Arch. Degree or the fouryear regular full time B.E./B.Tech. Degree in appropriate branch with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years in the qualifying examination and for SC/ST candidates minimum 55% marks (CGPA 6/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years.
The maximum age for admission to M.Tech./M.Plan. programme is 40 years.
Sponsored candidates should have a minimum experience of two years at the time of applying for the programme and must be sponsored by their employers. Candidates from Central/State Govt. Institutions, Public Sector Organizations and reputed Private Organizations will be considered in this category. In case of teachers sponsored by Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics, the Institution should be recognized by AICTE. The employer while sponsoring will have to give an undertaking that the candidate will be paid full salary during the entire period of the M.Tech./M.Plan. Programme and that the candidate will not be withdrawn midway.
The admission to M.Tech./M.Plan. Programmes under Sponsored category will be based on written test and/or Interview by the respective Department/School.
Test and/or Interview
Eligibility for test and/or interview and Call letter for test and/or interview can be downloaded from the website after login using application number and date of birth. No separate call letter will be dispatched. All those who are called for test and/or interview will have to produce all the original certificates and other documents for verification. The verification of the documents, test and/or interview will be held in the Office of the respective department/school. The reporting time will be 09.00 a.m.
Admission is subject to satisfying the eligibility requirements and the performance of the candidate for the test and/or interview. The call for Test and/or Interview does not guarantee admission. Candidates offered admission would have to remit the fees on the day of admission.
For More Details of NIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.