The School of Management Studies, at NIT Calicut, offers 2 year MBA programme (completely residential) allowing specialization in any two chosen functional areas of management. The teaching pedagogy involves case studies, internships, business research projects etc essentially focusing on specialization in functional areas of management. The candidates, who want to get admission to MBA course offered by NIT Calicut, can check all the details like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure from this page given below.
NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019
A notification has been released by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut for admission to 2 years Master of Business Administration (MBA) program offered in the School of Management Studies (SOMS) for the session 2019-21. The selection will be based on scores obtained in CAT/CMAT and credible performance in the group discussion and personal interview.
|Last date for submission of completed application||11 Mar 2019|
|Publication of list of candidates selected for GD/PI||15 Mar 2019|
|Tentative dates of GD/PI||23-29 Mar 2019|
|Publication of results||19 Apr 2019|
|Report for the admission||30 Apr 2019|
|Spot selection round||01 Jul 2019|
Spot Selection-cum-Admission: Click here to apply for MBA spot selection cum admission.
The rank list for NIT Calicut MBA exam has been released, the candidates can now check it from the link provided below.
Rank list: Click here to check the rank list of candidates for NIT Calicut MBA 2019.
NIT Calicut MBA Application Form 2019
The application can be submitted online through the institute website www.nitc.ac.in or www.soms.nitc.ac.in. Candidates was able to check their application status and reprint the application through the link provided below.
The application process for NIT Calicut is over now..!!
- Click here to apply for online application form for NIT Calicut MBA 2019.
- Click here to apply for Reprint application form for NIT Calicut MBA 2019..
- Click here to check the Community Certificate for Other Backward Class(OBC).
- Click here to check the Caste Certificate .
- Click here to check the Sponsorship Certificate.
Official Website: www.soms.nitc.ac.in.
- Rs. 1000, for Open & OBC
- Rs. 500 for SC/ST candidates
Demand Draft towards application fee is to be drawn in favour of “Director NIT Calicut” payable at Calicut.
Instructions to the Candidates
Before you start filling-in the online application form, keep the following documents ready with you
- 10th class certificate
- 12th Class mark sheet
- Mark list of the under graduate and post graduate degree course and diploma (for lateral entry candidate)
- The online application form is best viewed with Internet Explorer 6 or higher. On submission of online application, a printout of the application has to be taken. To view „the application to be printed‟, you require an Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or higher.
- A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months has to be affixed on the application form. The photo in the application should be self-attested. Additional six copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission.
- Demand Draft towards application fee drawn in favour of “Director NIT Calicut” payable at Calicut is to be enclosed.
- Superscribe on the application cover “APPLICATION TO THE MBA PROGRAMME-SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES”
The printed datasheet obtained after uploading the application should be sent to the Chairperson PG Admissions, National Institute of Technology Calicut, Calicut- 673 601, Kerala, India latest by February 26, 2019 with the necessary enclosures along with a demand draft for Rs. 1000, for Open & OBC and Rs. 500 for SC/ST candidates drawn in favour of The Director, NIT Calicut and payable at Calicut. Applications which are incomplete/defective/received late will be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications. The instructions for online submission of application are available in the online admission portal.
The minimum academic qualifications to apply for admission to the MBA program 2019-21 at NIT Calicut are as follows:
Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institution, on a full time basis with an aggregate minimum of 60% ( or 6.5 out of 10 CGPA) for Open and OBC categories and 55% ( or 6.0 out of 10 CGPA) for SC and ST categories.
Final year students are also eligible to apply for the T Calicut MBA Admission 2019MBA programme. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree with minimum marks stipulated above, before the commencement of the programme and produce provisional degree certificate within two months of joining the programme.
The applicants should have a valid Common Admission Test (CAT)score. The aspirants shall be ranked based on their performance in group discussions and personal interviews, conducted as a part of selection procedure for admission.
Sponsored Candidates – (up to 5 students)
Candidates sponsored by their employers to pursue an MBA at NIT Calicut, should forward their application through the proper channel. They must have a minimum work experience of three years in the sponsoring organization, after graduation in any of the disciplines with at least 60% (or 6.5 out of 10 CGPA) aggregate marks. Applicants with a valid score in national level entrance tests such as CAT/CMAT or equivalent would be preferred. Students are selected based on their performance in Personal Interview.
Duration of Programme
The duration of the regular MBA programme is two years, comprising four semesters at par with leading business schools in India.
The candidates are expected to undergo a total of 28 courses, comprising 18 core subjects and 10 elective subjects grouped under five streams of specializations.
The total intake of regular students for the year 2019 would be 60. Reservation of seats for different castes, tribes and other categories shall be as per the directives from MHRD, Government of India.
Open Categories (29), OBC (16), SC (09), ST (04), ST-DA (01), OP-DA (01)
The selection will be based on scores obtained in CAT/CMAT and creditable performance in the group discussion and personal interview to be held in Calicut, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai credits will be accounted for work experience, scores of Graduation, PG/PG Diploma, 10th and 12th Class etc.
*May vary as per original premium every year.
Hostel Fees – For all categories of candidates:
- One Time Fee (Hostel Staff Welfare Fund, Student Amenities/Welfare Fund, etc.): Rs. 2,000/-
- Caution Deposit: Rs. 11,000/-
- Total amount to be paid at the time of admission: Rs. 13,000/-
Hostel room rent and mess charges payable every month extra. ** Financial Requirements are subject to change.
You are required to produce the following documents in original (English /Hindi Versions only):
- Valid Photo Identity Card
- CAT/CMAT score card
- Community certificate in the case of OBC candidates from a competent authority not below the rank of a Tahsildar, indicating the status of creamy layer in the format specified.
- SC/ST certificate from a competent authority not below the rank of a Tahsildar for SC/ST category candidates
- Certificate/Mark Sheet of Xth Class
- Certificate/Marksheet of XIIth Class
- Mark Sheet/Grade Card (Year/Semester) of Qualifying Degree Examination
- Certificates of work experience if more than one year
- Certificates of academic and extra-curricular achievements if applicable
Click here for more information about NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019.
For complete details of NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.