The National Institute of Technology Durgapur also known as NIT Durgapur or NITD, is a central government engineering college located in Durgapur, West Bengal, India. Formerly known as the Regional Engineering College, Durgapur (REC Durgapur), it is among the first 8 Regional Engineering Colleges established in India and was founded in 1960 by the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. Today it is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
NIT Durgapur offers various courses such as B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc MCA, MBA, MSW and Ph.D in various disciplines. Candidates can read all the important information regarding NIT Durgapur Admission into various courses on this page.
Address: Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, A-Zone, Durgapur, West Bengal 713209
Phone: 0343 254 6397
Director: Prof. (Dr.) Asok De
NIT Durgapur Admission
- Joint Entrance Examination (Main) for the B.Tech Admission
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for M.Tech and PhD Admission
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is counselling for undergraduate admission.
- Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) / Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). For PG Click Here.
- Centralized Counselling (CCMT) for M.Tech / M.Arch and M.Plan.
- Centralized Counselling (CCMN) for Admission to M.Sc