NIT Goa Ph.D (Even Semester) Admission 2017 – 2018 – NIT Goa had released notification for admission too full – time Ph.D. programme (Regular scheme) for the academic year 2016-17(Even Semester) at NIT Goa. The details of NIT Goa Ph.D Admission 2017-18 (Even Semester) such as Application form, admission criteria, qualification, application, admission procedure/schedule and other details are available on this page below.
NIT Goa Ph.D Admission 2017-18 – Even Semester
NIT Goa offers admission to the eligible candidates for the Ph.D. programme (Even Semester) in Engineering and Technology (Regular scheme) at NIT Goa. Interested candidates can read the complete details of Ph.D. programmes (Even Semester 2017-18) on this page.
Schedule for the NIT Goa Ph.D Admission 2017-18 for Even Semester is given below.
|Last date for receipt of duly filled Application form||20 Oct 2017|
|Date of Written Test/Interview||20 Nov 2017|
NIT Goa has released list of provisionally selected candidates for Ph.D admission for the session 2017-18. Candidates can check the selected candidates’ list through the direct link provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click Here to check the list of selected candidates.
Note: The selected candidates are required to confirm the acceptance of offer of admission by email to [email protected] (on or before December 01, 2017) and report to NIT Goa for completing the admission formalities at the Institute as per the provisional Ph.D admission offer letter that will be sent in 1-2 days.
List of shortlisted candidates for interviews & Written test has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below. Written test and Interview for selection of P.hD Candidates is scheduled to be held on 20 Nov 2017. If necessary candidates may have to stay back for the second day i.e 21 Nov 2017.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click Here to check list of candidates.
Reporting time: 09:00 am on 20/11/2017 at NIT Goa Campus.
The application form and other relevant information for admission to Ph.D. program may be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitgoa.ac.in. The duly filled application form must be enclosed with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for General and OBC, and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates. The DD should be drawn in favour of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa. The complete application form and should reach NIT Goa, 403401 on or before 20/10/2017.
- Application process is over…!!!
Document Required Along with application Form
The following documents (whichever is applicable) arranged in the order given below should be enclosed along with the duly filled application form:
- One recent passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM/NET qualified certificate.
- Self-attested copy of Master’s degree marks sheet & degree/provisional degree certificates of the qualifying examinations.
- Self-attested copy of undergraduate degree certificate and marks sheet.
- Self-attested copy of certificate of matriculation / X class as the proof of age of the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST candidates, issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/DC/DM/Tahsildar)
- Self-attested copy of caste certificate in case of OBC candidates, issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/DC/DM/Tahsildar) indicating the status regarding creamy layer for the financial year ending 31st March 2017.
- Self-attested copy of Experience Certificate
- Research Proposal up to 1000 words should be attached with the application form.
- No Objection Certificate duly signed by the HoD/Head of the Institute in case of employee of state Government engineering college(s) and R&D Labs .
- Self-attested copy of credentials including AICTE recognized short-term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications, awards and medals etc.
- Demand draft towards application fee as per category of the candidate i.e. Rs. 500/- for General / OBC and Rs.300/- for SC/ST candidates
(Incomplete/incorrect applications without required enclosures will not be considered).
Note: The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “Application for full-time Ph.D. Programme (Even semester 2017-18) for the Department of _________________________________”.
For Engineering and Technology
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (M.E. or M.Tech.) in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
For Humanities & Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English and Economics)
- Master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech. in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
- Candidates will be considered for Ph.D. programme on the basis of GATE score or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET qualified.
The admission to Ph.D. Programme will be on the criteria given below:-
- Overall academic performance and written test conducted by the respective department.
- Performance in Interview (only for those who cleared written test).
All candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the requisite Institute fee and necessary original documents at the time of admission.
The selected candidates shall be entitled for scholarship/assistantship and HRA as per Govt. of India norms from time to time. Research scholars selected for the Ph.D. programme will have to complete the allotted course work within two years of joining Ph.D. programme and will be governed by Ph.D. rules and regulations of the Institute.
Note: Accommodation is NOT available for the Ph.D. scholars in the Institute hostel. However, accommodation is available on rent at an affordable cost within 2-4 Kms radius from the Institute.
For More Details of NIT Goa Ph.D Admission 2017-18 (Even Semester) – Download Information Brochure.