NIT Goa Ph.D. (July Semester) Admission 2018 – 2019 – NIT Goa had released notification for admission to Ph.D. programmes for the academic year 2018-2019 (July Semester) at the following departments of NIT Goa: Department of Computer Science and Engineering(CSE), Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE), Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Department of Applied Sciences(AS), Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). The details of NIT Goa Ph.D. Admission 2018-19 (July Semester) such as Application form, admission criteria, qualification, application, admission procedure/schedule and other details are available on this page below.
NIT Goa Ph.D. Admission 2018 – 2019 ( July Semester )
NIT Goa offers admission to the eligible candidates for the Ph.D. programme (July Semester) in various Engineering and Technology (Regular scheme) at NIT Goa. Candidates applying for more than one department will have to fill separate application forms. Admission to Ph.D. programmes will be in the Full-time / Regular Scheme and Part-time scheme.
Schedule for the NIT Goa Ph.D. Admission 2018-19 for July Semester is given below.
|Last date for receipt of duly filled Application form||04 May 2018|
|Date of written test / personal interview at NIT Goa||17 May & 18 May 2018|
|Announcement of results||After 18 May 2018|
The application form and other relevant information for admission to the Ph.D. program may be downloaded from the Institute website: http://www.nitgoa.ac.in. The duly filled application form must be enclosed with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for General and OBC, and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates. The DD should be drawn in favour of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa. The complete application form and should reach NIT Goa, 403401 on or before the last date.
Document Required Along with application Form
The following documents (whichever is applicable) arranged in the order given below should be enclosed along with the duly filled application form:
- One recent passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM/NET qualified certificate.
- Self-attested copy of Master’s degree marks sheet & degree/provisional degree certificates of the qualifying examinations.
- Self-attested copy of undergraduate degree certificate and marks sheet.
- Self-attested copy of the certificate of matriculation / X class as the proof of age of the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST candidates, issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/DC/DM/Tahsildar)
- Self-attested copy of caste certificate in case of OBC candidates, issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/DC/DM/Tahsildar) indicating the status regarding creamy layer for the financial year ending March 31, 2018.
- Self-attested copy of Experience Certificate
- Research Proposal up to 1000 words should be attached with the application form.
- No Objection Certificate duly signed by the HoD/Head of the Institute in case of an employee of state Government engineering college(s) and R&D Labs.
- Self-attested copy of credentials including AICTE recognized short-term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications, awards, and medals etc.
- Demand draft towards application fee as per category of the candidate i.e. Rs. 500/- for General / OBC and Rs.300/- for SC/ST candidates.
(Incomplete/incorrect applications without required enclosures will not be considered).
Note: The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “Application for full-time Ph.D. Programme (July semester 2018-19) for the Department of _________________________________”.
For Ph.D. in Engineering and Technology (CSE, ECE, EEE)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (M.E. or M.Tech.) in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
For Ph.D. in Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech. in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
- Candidates will be considered for the Ph.D. programme in Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences departments on the basis of GATE score or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET qualification.
The admission to Ph.D. Programme will be on the criteria given below:-
- Overall academic performance and written test conducted by the respective department.
- Performance in Interview (only for those who cleared written test).
All candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the requisite Institute fee and necessary original documents at the time of admission.
The selected candidates shall be entitled to scholarship/assistantship and HRA as per Govt. of India norms from time to time. Research scholars selected for the Ph.D. programme will have to complete the allotted coursework within two years of joining the Ph.D. programme and will be governed by Ph.D. rules and regulations of the Institute.
Note: Accommodation is NOT available for the Ph.D. scholars in the Institute hostel. However, accommodation is available for rent at an affordable cost within 2-4 Km radius from the Institute.
Official Website: www.nitgoa.ac.in
For More Details of NIT Goa Ph.D. Admission 2018-19 (July Semester) – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.