NITK MBA Admission 2017 – National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal has released a notification for admission to the MBA Programme for the academic year 2017-19. Interested and eligible candidates must apply on or before the last date as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check Eligibility, How to Apply, Fees etc. for NITK MBA Admission 2017 on this page given below.
Schedule for the NITK MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||23 Jan 2017|
|Last date for receiving completed applications||10 Mar 2017|
Note: Students will have to make their own arrangement for accommodation. No request for accommodation will be entertained.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal has published the General Merit list for MBA Selection Process 2017-19. The list of candidates is also provided below for your convenience.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal has published the list of Shortlisted candidates for MBA Selection Process 2017-19. The list of candidates is also provided below for your convenience.
Application Form 2017
The prescribed application form for MBA Programme can be downloaded from the Institute website www.nitk.ac.in. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their application on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other criteria before filling downloaded application form. Candidates can also download the application form from the direct link provided below.
The application form can be duly filled and sent to the Asst. Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka State on or before the last date prescribed 10.03.2017 along with the Application Fee Payment Receipt of Rs. 600/- (in case of SC/ST, Rs.150/-) paid by e-transfer to the following Bank Account.
Beneficiary Name – Director, NITK, Surathkal
Bank Account No. – 10175365060
Bank and Branch Name – SBI Surathkal
IFSC Code – SBIN0002273
Applications which are incomplete/defective/received late are liable to be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
- For Gen/OBC – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST – Rs. 150/-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University with not less than 5 0% marks (or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 5.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the aggregate taking into account the marks scored in all subjects of all the University examination conducted during the entire prescribed period of the degree programme. However, this prescribed minimum marks shall be 45% (CGPA of at least 5.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the case of SC/ST.
- CAT – 2016/GMAT* – 2016 Score
Admission is based on the valid Rank/Scores obtained in the CAT/GMAT – 2016, Group discussion and Personal Interview.
Department, Course offered and Qualifying Examinations for M.B.A. Programme are listed below:
MBA Seat Matrix
Total Seats – 64
- General – 32
- SC – 10
- ST – 5
- OBC – 17
* 3% of the seats are reserved for Physically challenged candidates.
Admission is based on the valid Rank/Scores obtained in the CAT/GMAT – 2015, Group discussion and Personal Interview.
Weightage (%) for various criteria – components:
|Criteria – Component||% Weightage|
|CAT Score / GMAT Score||70%|
* Valid GMAT scores as on last date of application.
GMAT scores obtained in the 24 months prior to last date of application will be considered.
Documents to be produced At the time of admission
- Admission order issued by Competent Authority.
- Original marks card of qualifying examinations (Ist to Final Year).
- Original Score Card of CAT/GMAT – 2016.
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University.
- Date of Birth Certificate (X Std./SSLC).
- Certificate by employer ascertaining the duration of work experience.
- Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the college last studied.
- Conduct Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate (if sponsored)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.
- Migration Certificate from the university.
- Medical Certificate.
- Course completion certification from the college (if qualifying degree exam result are awaited)
Note: For OBC certificate candidate can download the prescribed format from the NITK website (i.e. www.nitk.ac.in).
Provisional Fee Structure FOR M.B.A. Programme for the year 2016-16 (I & II year)
|Semester Fees||I Sem.Rs.||II Sem.Rs.||III Sem.Rs.||IV Sem. Rs.|
|Tuition fee #||35000||35000||25000||25000|
|Central Computing Facility Fee||2500||–||2500||–|
|Students Activities Fee||3475||–||3425||–|
|Group Insurance coverage of students||350||–||350||–|
|Security Deposit (refundable)||4000||–||–||–|
|Institute Development Contribution (IDC)||2000||2000||–||–|
|Swimming Pool Fee||1000||1000||–||–|
|Campus Development Fee||1000||1000||–||–|
|Hostel Fee (For Hosteller)|
|i) Admission Fees||500||–||–||–|
|ii) Hostel Rent (including water/electricity charges)
i) Boys (Shared accommodation)
ii) Girls (Single room accommodation)
# Tuition fee for candidates admitted under DASA Scheme is US $2000 per year (SAARC Country US $1000) per sem. Tuition fee to be paid as Demand Draft in favour of “Director, NITK, Surathkal” payable at Mangalore in US Dollars.
Refund of Fees: Any student who withdraws admission before the closing date of admission is eligible for the refund of all the fees and deposits, after deduction of a processing fee of Rs.1000 /- (Rupees One Thousand Only).
For complete detail of NITK MBA Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.