NITK MBA Admission 2019 – National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal has released application form for admission to the MBA Programme for the academic year 2019-21. Interested and eligible candidates apply on or before the last date as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check Eligibility, How to Apply, Fees etc. for NITK MBA Admission 2019 on this page is given below.
NITK MBA Admission 2019
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the M.B.A. PROGRAMME 2019-21. The details of the admission process are given in the table below. Read all the instructions carefully before getting ahead with the application process.
|Availability of Application form||09 Jan 2019|
|Last date for receiving completed applications||05 Mar 2019|
|Dates for selection process||11 Mar 2019 (Time: 9:30 AM) & 18 Apr 2019 (Time: 9:30 AM)|
Application Form: Click here to fill the Application form for NITK MBA programme 2019-21.
Application Form 2019
The prescribed application form for MBA Programme can downloaded from the Institute website www.nitk.ac.in. A direct link to download the application form is also available in this page. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their application on or before the last date of application. Candidates must ensure their eligibility and other criteria before filling the downloaded application form. Candidates can also download the application form from the direct link provided above.
The application form can be duly filled and sent to the Asst. Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka State on or before the last date prescribed along with the Application Fee Payment Receipt, paid by e-transfer to the following Bank Account.
Beneficiary Name – Director, NITK, Surathkal Bank Account No. – 10175365060 Bank and Branch Name – SBI Surathkal IFSC Code – SBIN0002273.
Applications which are incomplete/defective/received late are liable to be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
- For Gen/OBC – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST – Rs. 150/-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University with not less than 50% marks (or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 5.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the aggregate taking into account the marks scored in all subjects of all the University examination conducted during the entire prescribed period of the degree programme. However, this prescribed minimum marks shall be 45% (CGPA of at least 5.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the case of SC/ST.
- CAT – 2018/GMAT* – 2018
Score Admission is based on the valid Rank/Scores obtained in the CAT/GMAT – 2018, Group discussion and Personal Interview
NITK will release the provisional seat allotment of Candidates selected for MBA Programme in the School of Management who have gone through three stage selection process successfully. However, candidates may please note that this list is only provisionally, it may subject to further changes at authority discretion.
NITK will released the list of the shortlisted candidates for the selection process. Candidates will be informed through email/call/post as well, though this confirmation is not mandatory to be eligible for further process. Interview call letter notice will be available for both the locations(Karnatka & New Delhi).
MBA Seat Matrix
Total Seats – 64
- General – 32
- SC – 10
- ST – 5
- OBC – 17
* 3% of the seats are reserved for Physically challenged candidates.
Admission is based on the valid Rank/Scores obtained in the CAT/GMAT – 2018, Group discussion and Personal Interview. The selection for MBA programme is done separately by the Institute during March and is based on the criteria specified below.
Weightage (%) for various criteria – components:
|Criteria – Component||% Weightage|
|CAT Score / GMAT Score||70%|
* Valid GMAT scores as on the last date of application.
GMAT scores obtained in the 24 months prior to the last date of application will be considered.
Places of Selection Process
The selection process will be done based on the criteria mentioned above. The places where the process of selection will occur are given below:
- ATB Seminar Hall, NITK, Surathkal, Karnataka – 575025
- New Delhi (NIT Transit Guest House, A-1 / 267, Block A 1, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi 110016)
Note: Students will have to make their own arrangement for accommodation. No request for accommodation will be entertained.
Documents to be produced At the time of admission
- Admission order issued by Competent Authority.
- Original marks card of qualifying examinations (Ist to Final Year).
- Original Score Card of CAT/GMAT – 2018.
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University.
- Date of Birth Certificate (X Std./SSLC).
- Certificate by employer ascertaining the duration of work experience.
- Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwD. (OBC Certificate Format / SC/ST Certificate Format / PwD Certificate Format)
- Transfer Certificate issued by the college last studied.
- Conduct Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate (if sponsored)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.
- Migration Certificate from the university.
- Medical Certificate.
- Course completion certification from the college (if qualifying degree exam result are awaited)
Note: For OBC certificate candidate can download the prescribed format from the NITK website (i.e. www.nitk.ac.in).
Provisional Fee Structure for M.B.A. Programme for the year 2019-21 (I & II year) is as follows.
|Semester Fees||I Sem. Rs.||II Sem. Rs.||III Sem. Rs.||IV Sem. Rs.|
|Tuition fee #||50000||50000||50000||50000|
|Institute Admission Fee||1000||–||–||–|
|Caution Money (Refundable)||5000||–||–||–|
|Career Development Fee||1500||–||1500||–|
|Health Care Facility||1000||–||1000||–|
|Student Insurance||As per actuals||–||As per actuals||–|
|Central Computing Facility Fee||3000||–||3000||–|
|Hostel Rent (Shared Accommodation)||12000||–||12000||–|
|Hostel Rent (Single Accommodation)||15000||–||15000||–|
# Tuition fee for candidates admitted under DASA Scheme is US $2000 per year (SAARC Country US $1000) per sem. Tuition fee to be paid as Demand Draft in favour of “Director, NITK, Surathkal” payable at Mangalore in US Dollars.
Refund of Fees: Any student who withdraws admission before the closing date of admission is eligible for the refund of all the fees and deposits, after deduction of a processing fee of Rs.1000 /- (Rupees One Thousand Only).
Official Website: www.nitk.ac.in
For complete detail of NITK MBA Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.