The NIT Kurukshetra will anoounce the commencement of MBA Admission for the academic session 2018-2020. The NIT Kurukshetra MBA program is a 2-year full-time degree course offered at the Institute campus in Kurukshetra. Through its two-year MBA program, the department has been conducting focused activities to enhance the essential skill-set among the students for equipping them with optimal compatibility and competency anticipated by employers in the corporate world. In a short span of its existence, the Department has achieved the recognition of being a leading center of management education in the region. The candidates who are willing to take admission to MBA course shall participate in the admission process as per the schedule. All the details about NIT Kurukshetra MBA Admission 2018-2020 can be found on this page.
NIT Kurukshetra MBA Admission 2018-2020
The admission process for MBA program offered by NIT Kurukshetra will be initiated for the academic session 2018-2020.The sanctioned intake of this program for 2018-2020 is 90. The seats are available in two categories i.e. Government Funded Seats (60) & Self-Financed Seats (30). The candidates shall complete the application process strictly to the schedule.The Shortlisting of Candidates will be done on the basis of CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT score and accordingly candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD)/Personal Interview (PI). The candidates can the schedule for NIT Kurukshetra MBA Admission 2018 – 2020 below.
Schedule of events for NIT Kurukshetra MBA Admission 2018 – 2020 is given below..
|Last Date of receiving applications||09 April 2018|
|Display of List of candidates eligible for GD & PI||13 April 2018|
|Date of GD & PI||21 April 2018|
|Display of Merit List||26 April 2018|
|Admission Counseling||02 May 2018|
|Display of Second List (Seats Vacant if any)||05 May 2018|
|Second Round Admission Counseling||09 May 2018|
Number of Seats
The sanctioned intake of this programme is 90. Seats are
available in two categories i.e. Regular Seats & Self-Financed
- Regular Category: 60 Seats
- Self-Financed: 30 Seats
Candidates will able to download the Application Form from the website nitkkr.ac.in. Fill and send the application form complete in all respects along with all relevant documents and application fee before the due date. Shortlisted Candidate’s List and the schedule for Group Discussion & Personal Interview (to be held at NIT Kurukshetra on April 21 , 2018) will be put on the institute website.
No Separate intimation will be given for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
An application fee of Rs. 1000/- is to bedeposited in the form of online payment through SBI COLLECT/ Demand Draft in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, payable at State Bank of India, NIT Kurukshetra branch IFSC Code SBIN0006260.
The steps are given as under:
- Go to https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
- Click on Proceed after ticking on check box: I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above.
- State of Corporate/Institution *: Select Haryana
- Type of Corporate/Institution: Educational Institutes Click on GO
- Educational Institutions Name: Director, NIT Kurukshetra Click on Submit
- Select Payment Category *: MBA Admissions
- Fill in your details and make the payment.
Admission criteria for both category of seats (Govt. Funded Seats and Self-Financed Seats) will be same. The eligibility criterion is as under:
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislatures in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (class 12 or equivalent} 10+2+3 system with a minimum requirement of 50% (45% for SC/ST applicants)..
- Minimum 40 Percentile score in CAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT conducted in the year of 2017-18
Based on the performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview and CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT Score a merit list will be prepared and displayed on the institute website. waitlisted candidates will be offered admission if seats stay vacant.
The minimum percentile requirement in CAT / MAT / GMAT / CMAT is 40 percentile
Basis for admission will be as follows:
- CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT Score of 2017-18 (Minimum percentile score 40%) – 70 marks
- Performance in GD & PI – 30 marks
The weightage for the percentile for CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT exam would be as per table below:
List of Qualifying Candidates Eligible for GD&PI will be uploaded on the official website & can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
The candidates are required to bring the following documents in original:
- Date of Birth Proof
- 5 copies of latest passport size photograph
- Bachelor Degree Certificate / Institute Certificate in case of awaited result
- Character Certificate from last Institution attended.
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT Original Score Card 6. Recent Reserved Category Certificates, If Applicable
For more details of NIT Kurukshetra MBA Admission 2018 – Download Advertisement
Official Website: nitkkr.ac.in