NIT Rourkela Admission to M.Tech in Safety Engineering 2016 – NIT Rourkela has released notification from eligible serving engineers working in manufacturing/Process Industry or Technical/Government Institutions OR the fresh engineering graduates for admission to the M.Tech programme in Safety Engineering for the academic session 2016-17. This advertisement is for sponsored and self financed students only. The complete detail of NIT Rourkela Admission to M.Tech in Safety Engineering 2016 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
Latest : List of applicants called for interview for M.Tech. in Safety Engineering for the session 2016-17 has been released.
NIT Rourkela Admission to M.Tech in Safety Engineering 2016
NIT Rourkela is offering an M.Tech programme in Safety Engineering to be coordinated by Chemical Engineering department in collaboration with Multi-Disciplinary Centre on Safety, Health and Environment (MDC on SHE), Bhubaneswar. There shall be total of 30 seats, 10 in GATE stream to be admitted through the common counselling being conducted by CCMT-2016 at NIT Rourkela and 20 in Non-GATE stream for sponsored and self financed students.
Note : Students with valid GATE score may also apply through the Common Counselling for M.Tech (CCMT- 2016) for the 10 GATE seats with concessional fee system.
Schedule for the NIT Rourkela Admission to M.Tech in Safety Engineering 2016 is given below.
|Online Application Form available from||02 May 2016|
|Closing date of online application||02 June 2016|
|Publication of List of applicants in the Institute||06 June 2016|
|Publication of list of applicants called for written test and/or interview||09 June 2016|
|Written test and/or interview for selection||16 June 2016|
|Publication of selected candidates list||21 June 2016|
|Admission||30 June 2016|
|Registration to 1st Semester||25 July 2016|
|Starting of class||26 July 2016|
Shortlisted Candidates List for Interview
NIT Rourkela has released list of applicants called for interview for M.Tech. in Safety Engineering for the session 2016-17. Candidates can check the complete list from the given below link.
- Reporting Date & time for all shortlisted candidates for Interview : 16 June 2016, 09:00 AM
- Venue : Department of Chemical Engineering
Each applicant reporting for Interview selection has to be present in person and is required to bring the following documents in ORIGINAL with a photocopy (attestation not necessary) of each.
- Signed copy of the application form submitted online
- Pass Certificate of High School Certificate Examination / Equivalent Examination for proof of date of birth
- Pass certificate of Qualifying Examination
- Memorandum of Marks of all Examinations starting from HSC onwards (Candidates whose results are awaited will be given provisional admission at their own risk and must produce the qualifying marks and certificates by 30th September 2016 failing which their admission will be cancelled and all fees paid will be forfeited. This time-extension will be given only for submission of qualifying degree marks and certificates whose result is awaiting and not for any other certificates)
- Course completion Certificate from the Principal/Registrar of the University /Institute
- College Leaving/ Migration Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Three (03) Passport size colour photographs [preferably white/sky blue background]
- Recent Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe/ Physically Handicapped / OBC certificate (eligibility as per declaration by GOI) for claiming reservation. OBC/PH certificates should have been issued on or after 01 Jan 2016.
- Application Process is over now…!!!
How to Apply Online?
Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit online application at eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in following the instructions.
Applicants are advised to
- Read the advertisement carefully
- Read the instructions to fill up the online application form.
- Fill up and submit the online application form.
- Attach the scan copy of the Sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format(for Sponsored students only)
- Pay non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- online from online application portal.
Applicants are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document(s) to NIT Rourkela. However, candidates who will be called for written test/ interview will be required to submit the following at the time of reporting:
- Signed copy of the application form
- Original Sponsorship certificate in form no. NITR/AC/202 (if applicable)
- A set of Xerox copies of all certificates from HSC onwards.
The same will be forwarded to the Academic Office by the department for record. They also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification.
- The candidates should have B.E. /B.Tech or equivalent degree in the discipline as mentioned above with not less than 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA in the qualifying examination. This CGPA/percentage should be the aggregate CGPA/percentage based on all semesters/years. Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa given by individual Institute/University will not be considered. If the evaluation system is in CGPA, CGPA value will be considered and if the evaluation system is in marks/percentage value will be considered.
- There is no relaxation in academic requirement for any category / caste of candidates because the minimum academic requirement has been set to meet the basic challenges of the academic programme.
- The candidates applying under sponsored category should have minimum 2 years full time continuous service in the sponsoring organization; the latest joining date should not be after July 2014. The requirements of 2 years continuous employment may be relaxed on request of the concerned organization for personnel with permanent job (including probation) in the Central or State Govt. or an organization fully owned by the Government. (It is not applicable to Self-financed (Non-GATE) candidates.)
Basis of Selection
Selection will be made on the basis of marks/CGPA secured in the qualifying degree and a written and /or oral examination to be conducted by the concerned department. First preference will be given to sponsored candidates, the left over seats being given to self financed candidates.