|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has released notification from the eligible candidates for admission to Ph. D Program of the Institute in Spring Semester 2017-18 commencing from January 2018. Admissions will be given with fellowship subject to eligibility or without fellowship. Students with external fellowship like JRF-NET can also apply. Candidates may fill their application in online mode. Check complete information regarding NIT Rourkela Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
NIT Rourkela Admission 2017 for Jan Session
Eligible and Interested candidates may apply online from the official website www.nitrkl.ac.in as per scheduled date. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
|Application form available from||15 Nov 2017|
|Closing of Application Form process||26 Nov 2017|
|Publication of result of scrutiny in the website (announcement section)||05 Dec 2017|
|Test and Interview||11 Dec 2017|
|Publication of result of Interview||15 Dec 2017|
|Admission||27 Dec 2017|
|Semester Registration||01 Jan 2018|
|Starting of Class / Research work||02 Jan 2018|
Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can submit the online application form at www.eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in. Applicants are advised to
- read the advertisement carefully,
- read the instructions to fill up the online application form
- fill up and submit the online application form accordingly and
- pay application fee of Rs.500/- online from online application portal.
- Sponsored candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of the sponsorship certificate while submitting online application.
Apply Online – Click Here to Apply Online.
Applicants are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document to NIT Rourkela. However, candidates who will be called for interview will be required to submit signed copy of the application form, a set of photo copies of all certificates and original sponsorship certificate (for sponsored candidates only) at the time of interview. They also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification. The signed copy of application form along with a set of photo copies of all certificates will be forwarded to the Academic Office by the department for record.
For PhD Programme
The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD programme in Engineering, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score requirement may be relaxed upto 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Further, candidates having the following qualification can also apply for Ph. D in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences:
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. /M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Application Awaiting Results
For thesis based Postgraduate degrees [(M. Tech. (Research), MS or equivalent] a student is permitted to submit the final result within one year from the date of thesis submission. However, one documentary evidence (proof of thesis submission) from the candidate’s Institute/University is required to be submitted at the time of admission.
For all course based degrees [B. Tech., M. Sc.., MBA, M. Tech. (Regular)] results need to have been published before admission is granted. In exceptional cases when a university will not be in a position to publish result by the time of admission, submission of qualifying degree result may be permitted till 28th February, 2018, but not beyond.
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission
Differential academic qualifications across the departments have been made considering the departmental requirement, availability of candidates in the respective departments and uniform growth of all departments in the Institute.
- In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria (based on B. Tech, M.Sc., MBA, MA, M. Tech. and M. Pharm examinations) A candidate should score minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA throughout career to be eligible for admission to Ph. D program. The DRC, however, may make one exception(marks <60% or Grade < 6.5/10) at its discretion from among the results of 10th, +2, BA, NIT Rourkela Ph. D Admission Notice [Spring 2017-18] Page – 3 of 9 B.Sc., Diploma etc. (except qualifying degree) if the candidate has qualified GATE/NET/GPAT or other national level fellowship tests like DST-INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines (except Life Science), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science.
- Science students admitted to Ph. D program in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics and 100 level Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course
- A student should have passed Life Science or Biological Science either in +2 or +3 level for admission to Ph. D in Life Science department.
- Students without adequate background in the primary discipline will be required to have 10% extra marks (1.0 CGPA) to qualify over students with specialization in a primary discipline, unless explicitly exempted by the senate. List of primary disciplines for specializations under the various departments is given below.
Fees to be paid at the time of admission to PhD Programmes:
|Institute Fees||Amount to be paid at the time of admission|
|Admission fee (One time fee)||Rs. 1500|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 7500 (Nil for SC/ST students)|
|Other fees (Exam, Library, Electricity etc.)||Rs. 3000|
|Student activity fee||Rs. 2000|
|Hostel Seat rent||Rs. 5000|
|Medical fee||Rs. 1250|
|Caution Money (Refundable if programme is completed) (one time)||Rs. 5000|
|Hall Establishment fee||Rs. 5000|
|Mess Advance||Rs. 19500|
|Total (to be paid through demand draft in favour of
Director, NIT, Rourkela payable at any bank in Rourkela))
|Rs. 49750 (Rs. 42250 in case of SC ST Students)|
The above fee is only for the 1st semester. For remaining semesters the approximate fee will be Rs.43,250/- per semester (Rs.35,750 /- for SC/ST students) which is inclusive of Mess dues. However, the Institute reserves the right to amend the fee structure from time to time, which will be implemented with immediate effect for all students irrespective of the date of admission
For more detail on NIT Rourkela Admission 2017 January Session – Download Information Brochure.