Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (DoMS NIT Trichy) offers admission in MBA Programme for the academic session 2018 – 2020. The applicants will be shortlisted based on CAT 2017 score only. Candidates can check the details of application process, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2018
Schedule for the NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online Application process begins||12 Jan 2018|
|Last date for submitting application||07 Feb 2018|
|Last date for receiving hard copy of application by post||12 Feb 2018|
|GD & PI||17, 24 & 31 Mar 2018|
|List of Selected candidates for Admission||18 Apr 2018|
|Course Begins||July 2018|
CAT 2017 Result
IIMs held the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 and lakhs of students appeared for the exam. Result of CAT 2017 is compiled and announced after calculating the scaled and normalised scores for each section. NIT Trichy are offering MBA Admission 2018-20 on the basis of CAT 2017 Result.
Selected candidates for Admission
Selected candidates for the NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2018, for the Management Studies of the different Categories has been released at the official websites In order to confirm the provisional admission (1st round), candidates are required to pay one semester fee as specified in the following through State Bank of India online via “SBI I Collect” on or before May 02, 2018. For further details candidates can check from the link provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click here to check the list of Selected Candidates (different categories) for NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2018.
Shortlisted candidates for GD/PI
The list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI process of NIT Trichy MBA admissions 2018 has been released. Students can check the list from the link given below. Students are required to report for GD/PI as per the schedule.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI.
The shortlisted candidates are required to bring the following documents for verification at the time of GD/PI:
- Call Letter.
- CAT Score Card.
- Original mark statement (10th, 12th, and UG*) and qualifying degree/provisional certificate.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST
- OBC non-creamy layer certificate for candidates who have applied under OBC quota.
- Experience certificate from the employer if any.
- Four copies of already filled downloaded NIT Trichy MBA admission application form.
Note: Candidates in final year of UG, are expected to bring all available UG mark statements.
Candidates applying for the MBA Programme of DoMS, NIT Trichy need to fill the application form through online mode only from the official website www.nitt.edu or mbaadmission.nitt.edu. Direct link of online application for NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2018 is given below.
- Apply Online- Process over..
How to Apply?
- Go to the registration page and register yourself by furnishing the details in “Register” page.
- Your CAT Registration number will be your login ID.
- Give your first name and last name along with the password that you choose.
- Click SUBMIT and once you are registered you will get a WELCOME page and after 7 seconds you will be redirected to the login page.
Now you can login there using your CAT Registration ID and chosen password. After successful login you will find a saying “your payment is not confirmed”. This is just because you have not entered your State Bank Collect payment details or your payment is not confirmed.
After filling the form correctly, submit the same online. On successful submission of online registration an auto-generated print version of the Registration Form will appear. Before taking the print out, save the print version of application form using SAVE AS function in the FILE menu of the window.
After taking the print out, sign in the appropriate space provided for it and send the form along with the CAT Score Card and CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate copy. You must keep an additional copy of the application form for all future reference.
Send the print version of the application form along with the CAT score card to the following address:
The Dean (Academic)
National Institute of Technology,
- Rs. 1550 for OC/OBC
- Rs. 1050 for SC/ST
Instruction for Filling Online Application
- A recognized university degree in any discipline
- Candidates should have 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OBC whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree. For PWD candidates, the eligibility criterion will apply to the category they belong to (OC/OBC/SC/ST).
- The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be aggregate based on all semesters.
- In case, result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements latest by 15th September 2018.
- The conversion of CGPA to percentage marks will be based on the University guideline where the candidate is pursuing or completed the course. Also while applying to NITT and at the time of GD/PI process the candidates are required to produce the CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate duly signed by the University authority or NITT will decide the conversion norms.
- Candidates appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible to apply for program.
- Candidates with degrees of five year integrated course are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have appeared for CAT 2017.
Thank you for your interest in DoMS-NIT Trichy
Admission to DoMS-NIT Trichy opens up a unique learning experience to all its students. An industry acknowledged curriculum, great freedom for student’s initiatives, training to help you excel in corporate life, and at the same time an enjoyable stay on the campus. The thrills of the CAT preparation and the gruelling sessions of mock exams finally culminate at the GD and PI stage after the shortlist.
DoMS-NIT Trichy follows a two stage process for admitting students for its MBA programme.CAT score is used to shortlist the candidates. The shortlisted candidates are informed through post for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The selection process uses the CAT scores and the GD and PI results to shortlist the candidates.
Aspiring Candidates have to register and appear for CAT. They need to apply separately to DoMS-NIT Trichy once the notification is out before the closing date of application. If the application is selected for the next round of process, then the candidates will invite for the process of GD and PI at the different locations in India. The locations where the process was scheduled to be conducted includes Chennai, Delhi, Tiruchirappalli, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
The applicants will be shortlisted based on CAT 2017 score only. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Chennai/ Delhi/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata/ Tiruchirapalli/ Mumbai center.