NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021: Application form has been available at the official website, nitt.edu. Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (DoMS NIT Trichy) offers admission in MBA Programme for the academic session 2021-2023. Applicants should have minimum aggregate marks of 60% for OC/OBC/OC-EWS and 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their CAT 2020 score. Candidates can check complete details of NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 application process, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
Latest: NIT Trichy MBA Application form has been available now. Scroll down to Apply.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021
On account of the ongoing pandemic, the admission process will take place completely online and. Further admission process details will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates via Email or the contact details as specified.. The complete Schedule for the NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 is given below.
|The online Application process begins||08 Jan 2021|
|Last date for submitting the application||15 Feb 2021|
|Last date for receiving the hard copy of the application by post||22 Feb 2021|
|Release of selected and waitlist||to be announced|
|Course Begins||to be announced|
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 20201 Application Form
Candidates applying for the MBA Programme of DoMS, NIT Trichy need to fill the application form through online mode only from the official website nitt.edu or mbaadmission.nitt.edu. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Read all the important instruction to fil the application via direct link is given below.
Application Form: Click here to fill the application form of NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021.
Candidates have to pay the application fee of –
- For OC/OC-EWS/OBC category (Excluding the bank charges) – Rs. 1550
- For SC/ST category (Excluding the bank charges) – Rs. 1050
How to Apply the NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 Application Form?
Given below are the steps to fill the application form for NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021.
- Go to the registration page and register yourself by furnishing the details in “Register” page.
- Your CAT Registration number will be your login ID.
- Give your first name and last name along with the password that you choose.
- Click SUBMIT and once you are registered you will get an email in your registered mail id asking to remit the application fee through SB Collect.
- Now you can log in ‘ Existing User’ using your CAT Registration ID and chosen password. After successful login, you will be directed to the page where you are asked to upload the screenshot of the completed transaction. Then wait for the confirmation mail in your registered mail id. It may take around 3-4 working days.
Now you can log in there using your CAT Registration ID and chosen password. After successful login you will find a saying “your payment is not confirmed”. This is just because you have not entered your State Bank Collect payment details or your payment is not confirmed.
After filling the form correctly, submit the same online. On successful submission of online registration an auto-generated print version of the Registration Form will appear. Before taking the print out, save the print version of application form using SAVE AS function in the FILE menu of the window.
After taking the print out, sign in the appropriate space provided for it and send the form along with the CAT Score Card and CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate copy. You must keep an additional copy of the application form for all future reference.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility Criteria for NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 is given below.
- Applicants should have recognized university degree in any discipline.
- Candidates should have 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OBC and 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For PWD candidates, the eligibility criterion will apply to the category they belong to (OC/OBC/SC/ST).
- The above-mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be aggregate based on all semesters.
- In case, the result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements latest by September 15th, 2021.
- If in case the Degree Certificate is not issued by the concerned university at the time of GD/PI process, the applicants can produce the Provisional Certificate/Appearing Certificate.
- Candidates appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible to apply for the program.
- Candidates should have appeared for CAT 2020.
- Candidates with degrees of five-year integrated course are also eligible to apply.
CAT 2019 Result
IIMs held the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 and lakhs of students appeared for the exam. The result of CAT 2019 is compiled and announced after calculating the scaled and normalized scores for each section. NIT Trichy is offering MBA Admission 2021-23 on the basis of CAT 2020 Result.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2020 Admission Process
The applicants are shortlisted based on CAT 2020 score only. Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Chennai/ Delhi/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata/ Tiruchirappalli/ Mumbai centre.
Shortlisted Candidates for GD/PI
The list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI process of NIT Trichy MBA admissions 2021 releases at the official website as per schedule. Shortlisted candidates are required to report for GD/PI
The shortlisted candidates are required to bring the following documents for verification at the time of GD/PI:
- Call Letter.
- CAT Score Card.
- Original mark statement (10th, 12th, and UG*) and qualifying degree/provisional certificate.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST
- OBC non-creamy layer certificate for candidates who have applied under OBC quota.
- Experience certificate from the employer if any.
- Four copies of already filled downloaded NIT Trichy MBA admission application form.
Note: Candidates in final year of UG, are expected to bring all available UG mark statements.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 Selected Candidates List
Selected candidates list for the NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021, for the Management Studies of the different Categories, has released at the official website as per schedule. Candidates can check both selected candidates list and waitlist from below.
NIT Trichy MBA Admission 2021 FAQ
Q. Which entrance exam score does DoMS-NIT Trichy accepts for admission to its MBA programme?
DoMS-NIT Trichy accepts CAT scores i.e. Common Admission Test scores. These scores are used only for short-listing the applicants for the further admission process of DoMS-NIT Trichy.
Q. Does DoMS-NIT Trichy accept any other entrance exam score like ATMA, MAT, JMET, etc.?
No. DoMS-NIT Trichy accepts CAT scores only.
Q. What is the minimum eligibility for the MBA programme at DoMS-NIT Trichy?
A degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates should have appeared the CAT exam during the year of admission. Candidates appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible.
Q. How to apply for the MBA programme?
Candidates applying for the MBA Programme of DoMS, NITT need to fill the application form through online mode only (www.nitt.edu or nittmbaadmission.in). Send the print version of the application form along with the CAT score card to the following address: The Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli-620 015 Tamil Nadu.
Q. Is there any age limit to pursue DoMS-NIT Trichy Programme?
No. We do not stipulate any minimum or maximum age limits.
Q. Are there any reserved quotas for special category of applicants?
Yes. There are quotas for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per the Government Norms.
Q. Is there any quota for other state candidates applying for MBA programme at DoMS-NIT Trichy?
No. There is no state quota for MBA programme at DoMS-NIT Trichy.
Q. What is the admission procedure in DoMS-NIT Trichy for the MBA programme?
The applicants will be short-listed based on the scores of CAT. The short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. IIM’s have no role in the selection process or conduct of the MBA programme.
Q. What is the date of normal commencement of the academic session of the MBA programme?
Normally the second week of July.
Q. Whom to contact regarding admission details?
Regarding admission details candidates can contact the DoMS office at 0431-2503710. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.The address for contact is Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015, TamilNadu.
Q. What are the specializations that DoMS-NIT Trichy offers in the MBA Programme?
The major specializations offered are Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operations. DoMS also offers industry-specific minor specializations in Business Analytics and Business Analysis & IT Consulting. The two-year residential programme includes basic core courses, electives and summer internship.
Q. What type of semester pattern is followed in DoMS-NIT Trichy?
DoMS follows Trimester Pattern.
Q. Is there any Alumni network associated with DoMS?
Yes. DoMS being a 39 years old institute has a big alumni network having alumni’s serving in huge MNC’s in India and abroad, retail chains, IT giants, manufacturing and engineering companies as well as public sectors. These alumni’s share their experiences with the students through various get together arranged by the college.
Q. Is this MBA programme a compulsory residential course?
No. It is not mandatory for the students to take up the hostel accomodation, though staying in hostels is recommended.
Q. Is there any format for the OBC certificate?
Yes. Click here to view the formats accepted by DoMS-NIT Trichy.
Candidates are recommended to keep in touch with the official website and the college for updates on NIT Trichy MBA Admission 20201 as the schedule may change as per the prerogative of the institute.
Official Website: nitt.edu
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.