National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli has released notification from eligible Indian citizens for admission into various M.Sc. programmes offered in the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Computer Applications for the academic year 2017-2018. The M.Sc. programmes offered and eligible bachelor of science degree required for admissions are given below:
- M.Sc. (Physics)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Computer Science)
Latest – List of Selected Candidates for M.Sc admission 2017 have been announced on the official website. Check the list through the link provided below.
NIT Trichy M.Sc Admission 2017
The application for M.Sc Admission is available on the institute website www.nitt.ed as per schedule mention below. Selection will be based on the marks obtained in entrance test conducted by NITT and the qualifying degree examination marks. Get here complete information regarding NIT Trichy M.Sc Admission 2017 such as application process, eligibility criteria and so on.
Schedule for the NIT Trichy M.Sc Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for the receipt of completed application form||17 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||04 Jun 2017|
|Announcement of result||14 Jun 2017|
Entrance Test for NIT Trichy M.Sc admission was held on 04 June 2017. The List of provisionally Selected and Wait listed Candidates have been announced on the official website. Candidates can check it from official website OR through the links provided below.
List of Applicants Shortlisted for Written Test has been published. Candidates can check the same through the link provided below.
Application Form 2017
Candidates can download and fill their application form from the official website www.nitt.edu on before the last date of application. Candidates can apply only through the downloaded application form. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before submitting the application form. Candidates can also download the application from the direct link provided below.
- Rs. 500/- for OC/OBC and
- Rs. 200/- for SC/ST/PwD
How to Apply?
- Application should be submitted through only online by filling the required details. The online application can be filled through the link www.nitt.edu. Before filling the online application form, the candidate needs to pay the registration fee (Rs.500/- for OC/OBC and Rs.200/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) through State Bank Collect (SB Collect) during the specified period given in the schedule (that is, important dates).
- The link for SB Collect payment is : Click Here
- The state bank collect transaction number for the payment of registration fee should be entered in the online application form.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- The OBC/SC/ST/PwD candidates should upload the scanned copy of the respective original certificate(s).
- Incomplete Applications will be summarily rejected.
|Programme Name||Eligible Bachelor’s Degree|
|M.Sc (Computer Science)||
Candidates who have already passed their qualifying degree examination or who have appeared/are appearing for the final semester/year examination in 2017 are eligible to apply. There is no stipend for the candidates admitted to M.Sc. programmes.
Qualifying Marks for Admission to M.Sc Programmes
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or 6.5 CGPA (on a 10- point scale) in the qualifying degree examination for OC/OBC candidates [55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) for SC/ST/PWD candidates] for admission to all M.Sc. programmes.
- Those candidates who have appeared/are appearing for final semester/year examination, provisional admission is permitted provided their final marks are made available on or before 15th September, 2017.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered/allowed.
- Any candidate admitted provisionally shall produce the provisional/degree certificate and all mark lists in original on or before 15th September, 2017. Else, their admission shall stand cancelled automatically. For such candidates refund will be made as per the norms applicable to the institute.
Selection will be based on the marks obtained in entrance test conducted by NITT.
The entrance test for all the M.Sc. programmes will be conducted on 04th June 2017 from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
Admit card will be generated to the eligible candidates well before the date of entrance test and also the eligible candidates list for the entrance test will be displayed in www.nitt.edu.
Original Certificates to be produced at the time of Admission
- Admission letter received from NIT, Tiruchirappalli
- Degree/provisional certificate
- Consolidated Grade or mark sheet of qualifying degree examinations
- Course completion/Bonafied certificate for result awaiting candidates
- Transfer certificate issued by the institute last studied
- Migration certificate
- OBC certificate issued on or after 01.04.2017 by the competent authority, if applicable
- SC/ST certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable
- Certificate for PWD candidates issued by the Medical Board notified under PWD Act.
If it is found that a candidate has been admitted due to any mistake made inadvertently in the processing of applications and during the admission stage, the institute reserves the right to cancel the seat at any stage.
- Syllabus for M.Sc.(Physics) Entrance Test 2017
- Syllabus for M.Sc.(Chemistry) Entrance Test 2017
- Syllabus for M.Sc.(Computer Science) Entrance Test 2017
For more detail of NIT Trichy M.Sc Admission 2017 – Download Official Notification.