NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission Dec 2017 – National Institute of Technology, Warangal offers admission into Ph.D. Programs (Full time & Part time) for the session December 2017. Candidates can check details of the programs, eligibility criteria, admission schedule and application form given below on this page.
NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission Dec 2017
Eligible Candidate who wishes to apply for NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission Dec 2017 can submit their application form as per the Schedule.
|Application Form commences from||16 Oct 2017|
|Last date to receive applications||07 Nov 2017|
|Announcement of candidates called for written test/interview||13 Nov 2017|
|Date of Written Test / Interview||22-24 Nov 2017|
|Announcement of Selected candidates||04 Dec 2017|
|Date of Reporting of selected candidates for Ph.D Admission||11 & 12 Dec 2017|
NIT Warangal has published a list of candidates shortlisted for PhD Admission for December session 2017. Candidates can check the list through the direct link provided below.
- Shortlisted for PhD Admission – Part-time: Check Here
- Shortlisted for PhD Admission – Full time: Check Here
- Shortlisted for PhD Admission – JRF category: Check Here
- Shortlisted for Interview: Click Here to check the updated list of candidates shortlisted for written test and interview.
Written Test & Interview Schedule
All the shortlisted candidates are required to go through Written Test and Interview including Part-time candidates. Candidates are required to report to the respective Head of the Department on the day of written test by 8.30 am with all the original certificates.
Venue for Interview: TEQIP Seminar Hall, IInd Floor, Administrative Building
|9 am: CSE, Mathematics||–||21 Nov 2017|
|9 am: EEE
9 am: Chemistry, Chemical and Biotechnology
|9 am: CSE, Mathematics
2 pm: Chemistry, Chemical and Biotechnology
|22 Nov 2017|
|9 am: Mechanical
9 am: MMED, Physics
|9 am: EEE
3 pm: MMED and Physics
|23 Nov 2017|
|9 am: Civil
9 am: ECE, SOM, and Humanities
|9 am: Mechanical
3 pm: SOM and Humanities
|24 Nov 2017|
|–||9 am: Civil
2 pm: ECE
|25 Nov 2017|
NIT Warangal Ph.D. Programs are offered in the following Departments
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management
Application Form for NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission
Application form is to be submitted online which is available at http://admissions.nitw.ac.in . All the necessary documents are to be uploaded online. Final application is to be downloaded and send it along with the relevant documents in hard copy to “Chairman (Admissions), NIT Warangal, Warangal-506004” superscribing the envelope with “Application for Ph.D program in the Department of —————–“. The proof of payment of registration fee (Rs.1000/- for UR/ OBC and Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates) must accompany the application form. The link to pay registration fee through SBI i-collect is www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm . Other payments like mobile payments (IMPS), NEFT, RTGS and Direct transfer will not be accepted. If paid by any chance, it will not be refunded.
Application Process is over now…!!
- General/OBC: Rs.1000
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs.500
Check list of documents to be uploaded a long with the application
- Copy of SSC in support of Date of Birth
- Copy of Intermediate/(10+2) Certificate
- Copies of Provisional certificate / Degree Certificates and Marks Memos of the qualifying Examinations
- Attested copy of the caste certificate (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- For OBC candidates, OBC certificate issued after 1st April 2017 as per the format given in the Annexure-II only is acceptable.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed.
- Photograph on application form
- Copy of the Grade/Rank Card of GATE or NET or CAT or GMAT (as applicable)
- Fee payment receipt with transaction Number.
- Any other documents (List of publications (if any))
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Ph.D. Program on Full-Time Basis for Engineering and Science Departments
Faculty of Engineering Departments
Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG or PG for admission under OC / OBC category and minimum 55% aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0) for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category. OR
Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under OC/OBC category and atleast CGPA OF 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category. Candidates who have obtained their Bachelor’s degree from Centrally funded institutes will be exempted from valid GATE score requirement.
Faculty of Sciences (Maths/ Physics/ Chemistry) and Humanities & Social Sciences(English)
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Maths/Physics/Chemistry) and Humanities & Social Sciences (English) with minimum of 60% aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in PG for candidates under OC/OBC category and minimum of 55% aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.0) in PG for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category. All candidates must have a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET score.
Faculty of Management Studies
Master’s degree in Business Administration with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in PG for candidates under OC/OBC category and minimum of 55% marks (CGPA ≥ 6.0) for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category. All candidates must have a valid UGC/NET/CAT/MAT score.
“GATE qualification” means score above the prescribed cut-off mark specified in the GATE score card for respective categories viz; OC, OBC, SC and ST Candidates can visit http://admissions.nitw.ac.in for information regarding the individual departments.
Ph.D Program on Part Time Basis in All Department
Part-time PhD program is open to:
- Persons working in National Research Laboratories / Govt. R&D organizations.
- Persons working in PSUs / Industries having an MOU with NIT, Warangal.
- Permanent faculty members of NIT,Warangal.
- JRFs/SRFs in CSIR/DST/Defence laboratories/Government R&D Organizations.
Eligibility criterion is same as full time candidates given in Section-A above for all categories except that candidates for Part-Time program are exempted from GATE / NET score. In addition, the candidates applying for part time program needs to have the following experience.
- ME/M.Tech qualification with at least 3 years experience having measurable research output. (or)
- BE/B.Tech.qualification with at least 6 years experience having measurable research output. (or)
- Research Fellows with BE./B.Tech./ME/M.Tech/M.Sc or equivalent qualification, working in Research Projects of National Research Laboratories having MOU with NIT Warangal.
The candidates selected for admission into Ph.D. program under Part time basis are not eligible to receive institute fellowship.
Syllabus for Ph.D Admission
Candidates who are preparing for NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission Test can check syllabus details from here. Syllabus is the basic and necessary thing for the exam point of view. Syllabus for P.hD Admission December 2017 has been announced. Candidate can download the NIT Warangal PhD admission syllabus from here.
Note: The syllabus for written test in all the Departments except Civil Engineering is GATE 2017 syllabus.
Syllabus for Written Test in Civil Engineering:
The Ph.D. Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, in Civil Engineering department are offered in the following specialisations:
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Construction Technology and Management
The written test will be conducted specialisation wise. The specialisation wise written test consist of multiple choice questions (about 40 Nos) only and duration of written test will be for ONE HOUR duration.
The B.Tech candidates who have applied for the PhD program in Civil Engineering are required to attend the written test in any one of the specialisations mentioned above.
The following is the syllabus for the written test (Specialisation wise).
For complete details of NIT Warangal Ph.D Admission Dec 2017 – Download Information Brochure.