NLU Mumbai Admission 2018 through CLAT – MNLU Mumbai has released notification for admission to the B.A., LL.B (Hons.) & LL.M programmes through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) on merit basis. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding NLU Mumbai Admission 2018 through CLAT such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
NLU Mumbai Admission 2018 through CLAT
MNLU Mumbai offers supernumerary seats to candidates belonging to foreign nationals / Non residents Indians / NRI Sponsored categories. This is over and above regular seats to be filled up through CLAT. Admission of this category of applicants will be conducted separately by the MNLU Mumbai Admission Office.
For FN / NRI / NRI Sponsored
|Last date of Applications||1st week of Jun 2018|
|List of successful candidates||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Admission starts||1st week of Jul 2018|
Eligibility Criteria of UG / PG Program
Educational Qualifications for BA LLB (H)
- Five-Year Integrated B.A., LLB (H) Programme : Passed 10+2 Exam or equivalent examination with a minimum of (i) Forty five (45%) marks in case of Candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ Specially able persons categories and (ii) forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category. A candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2018 is also eligible to apply.
Candidates should be below 20 years of age in case of Unreserved / NRI / NRI sponsored categories and below 22 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/SAP categories as on 1st July 2018.
Educational Qualification for LLM
- LL.B or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks in case of Unreserved / OBC / SAP categories and 50% in case of SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in Apr / May 2018 are also eligible to apply.
Admission Procedure – B.A LL.B
MNLU Mumbai admits students to B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and LL.M (Corporate and Commercial Programme through the Common Law Admission Test-2018.
Candidates are advised to revisit all eligibility conditions according to prescribed CLAT norms. Those claiming admission under reserved or special categories should specifically ensure that they possess all necessary certificates and documents as are required under respective rules in original to justify their claim. It should be noted that onus of proof of eligibility to be admitted rests with the candidate and the University cannot relax or ignore any of the prescribed norms.
Candidates notified by the CLAT 2018 to participate at the Counseling process are required to deposit a sum of Rs. 50,000/- as the designated account of CLAT by the notified date. After depositing the fees, the candidate shall exercise one of the following two options:
- Lock- The candidates choosing ‘LOCK’ option confirms his/her choice of the allotted NLU. Such candidate shall not be considered for further shifting to any other NLU(s) of his/her higherchoice in case of any vacancy arising thereafter at the subsequent stage during counseling process.
- Shifting- The candidates choosing ‘SHIFTING’ option shall be considered against any vacancy arising in NLU(s) of his/her higher choice via subsequent allotment list. There shall be upward shifting in order of candidates’ preferences provided in the application form. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counseling procedure by the CLAT- 2018 office.
On having locked your option with CLAT 2018 to join MNLU Mumbai, you may forward a LETTER OF INTIMATION to MNLU Mumbai in prescribed format together with scanned copies of documents as mentioned there at the earliest via email to: [email protected]
On receipt of the letter of intimation along with the documents, the Admission Office of MNLU Mumbai will inform you the net amount of fees payable to MNLU Mumbai account at the time of admission, together with details of various options for payment. This will not include charges of residential accommodation, which will be charged separately. Candidates are requested to revisit MNLU website for Admission Programme Schedule 2018.
Verification of your original documents prior to admission will be conducted in the last week of June 2018. The Admission Office of MNLU Mumbai will inform the date, venue and time via email to each individual candidate. Candidates are required to bring all Certificates / testimonials etc. in original for verification which will be returned to the students after verification. In addition, you will bring three sets of self – attested copies of your Certificates / testimonials and six passport size and four stamp size colour photographs. Candidates claiming admission under reserved or special categories should specifically ensure that they possess all necessary certificates and documents in original to justify the claim.
Once the admission process is over, you will go home and relax. This is your time to orient yourself for the legal education. One of the best ways to do so would be to study the lives and works of legal luminaries. By the time you return to join the course, you are fully geared up to spend some very strenuous but enjoyable years of your life at MNLU Mumbai.
Orientation: It is expected that each student along with their parents will attend the Orientation Programme, scheduled to be held in July 2018. Here, students and their parents will get to know the distinctive aspects of legal education provided by a national Law University. In this interactive session, addressed by leading luminaries of legal education, exchange of ideas and suggestions are encouraged. On this platform we all join as members of great MNLU Family. Other part of the orientation programme is devoted to senior students who explain the guiding principles laid down for students of MNLU Mumbai. They will share their learning experiences with the new batch joining them to build MNLU Mumbai together.
Concessions / Scholarships:
Concession: For students domiciled in Maharashtra, the University provides 25 percent concession in the tuition fees subject to fulfillment conditions.
Scholarships: The University facilitates the students belonging to reserved category of state to avail the scholarship offered by the Department of Social Justice & Assistance, Government of Maharashtra. The University facilitates scholarship students domiciled in other states with Central / State government rules and policies.
B.A LL.B (Hons)
- The Fee structure is open for revision by the Executive Council at any time.
- Tuition fee increases progressively by Rs. 5000/- every year.
- Fees are payable by credit to designated bank account of the University via payment gateway.
Official Website: www.mnlumumbai.edu.in.