NLU Odisha Admission 2018 for Ph.D in Law – NLU Odisha has released notification for admission to the Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree for the academic year 2018-2019. Applications are invited in prescribed proforma for admission to Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree. There is total 10 no of seats is to be filled in Ph.D programme. University reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the seats. The complete detail of NLU Odisha Admission 2018 for Ph.D in Law such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
NLU Odisha Admission 2018 – Ph.D in Law
National Law University (NLU) offers admission to the five year integrated programme of B.A. LL.B (Honours), B.B.A LL.B (Honours), LL.M and Ph.D programmes for academic year 2018-19. Interested & eligible candidates can read all he necessary details regarding NLU Odisha Admission 2018 for Ph.D in Law along with complete schedule on this page.
Schedule for the NLU Odisha Admission 2018 for Ph.D in Law is given below.
|Issue of Notification||21 May 2018|
|Last Date for Receiving Application Forms||20 Jun 2018|
|Entrance Examination||01 Jul 2018|
|Presentation of Research Proposal||To be notified later|
|Date of Admission||To be notified later|
Candidates can download the application form from the official website of University or through the direct link, which is given below. The candidates those who are interested in applying for NLU Odisha are required to send their applications in the prescribed format on or before the last date.
How to Apply?
The completed application form along with the enclosures listed above is to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address on or before last date.
The Registrar, NLUO
Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13 CDA,
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Three copies of the proposed research topic (10 Pages) of a contemporary issue with the broad frame work of Law & related subjects.
- A demand draft of Rs. 3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha.
- Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets.
- One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required).
- A passport size photograph.
- An applicant seeking admission to Ph.D. programme must have Master’s Degree in Law from any recognised University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Social Science or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognised University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent grade; or
- Obtained a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Management Studies from any recognised University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience or Ph.D. in any discipline.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) and differently abled candidates a relaxation of 5% marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be done.
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. Question paper would consist of multiple choice questions of 50 marks, short answers of 50 marks and one essay type or problem oriented question of 50 marks.
Candidates who secure minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test may be called for presentation of Research Proposal before the Doctoral Committee consisting of internal and external experts constituted by the Vice Chancellor..
Presentation of the Research Proposal:
The presentation must be about the tentative research proposal of the candidate. It must contain the following elements;
- Statement of Problem
- Relevance of Research
- Research Questions
- Research Hypothesis
- Tentative Chapterisation
The final selection of the candidates for the Ph.D. degree programme shall only be made on the basis of the presentation.
Stipend : The University will be offering Rs. 15000/- as stipend per month for selected full time Ph.D candidates.
For More Detail of NLU Odisha Admission 2018 for Ph.D in Law – Download Notification.