NLU Odisha Admission 2017 for Ph.D in Law – NLU Odisha has released notification for admission to the Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree in Law for the academic year 2017-2018. The complete detail of NLU Odisha Admission 2017 for Ph.D in Law such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
Total no. of seats in Ph.D programme : 10
NLU Odisha Admission 2017 – Ph.D in Law
National Law University (NLU) offers admission to the Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree in law for academic year 2017-18. Interested & eligible candidates can read all he necessary details regarding NLU Odisha Admission 2017 for Ph.D in Law along with complete schedule on this page.
Schedule for the NLU Odisha Admission 2017 for Ph.D in Law is given below.
|Issue of Notification||25 May 2017|
|Last Date for Receiving Application Forms||09 Jul 2017|
|Entrance Examination||15 Jul 2017|
|Presentation of Research Proposal||29 Jul 2017|
|Date of Admission||To be notified later|
Candidates can download the application form from the official website of University or through the direct link, which is given below. The candidates those who are interested in applying for NLU Odisha are required to send their applications in the prescribed format on or before the last date.
How to Apply?
The completed application form along with the enclosures listed below is to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address:
The Registrar, NLUO,
Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13 CDA,
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Three copies of the proposed research topic (10 Pages) of a contemporary issue with the broad frame work of Law & related subjects.
- A demand draft of Rs. 3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha.
- Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets.
- One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required).
- A passport size photograph.
- An applicant seeking admission to Ph.D. Degree programme must have: Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; Or
- Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University with 50% marks or its equivalent in grade and have had at least five years full-time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject; Or
- Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; Or
- Obtained a Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with 50% marks and have had at least five years full time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject;
- Obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Humanities or Management from any recognize University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience; Or
- Ph.D. in any discipline; Or
- Judge of any State High Court in India or the Supreme Court of India
Provided that candidates with qualifications in Social Sciences, Humanities and Sciences shall be admitted to the programme, if the research they wish to pursue, interfaces with the discipline of Law.
- Submitted application forms will to be screened, and candidates found eligible will be required to appear for an entrance examination on Saturday July 15th , 2017 in NLUO campus only.
- Foreign nationals and candidates who have passed the NET or JRF examinations are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination.
- Successful and exempted candidates (NET/JRF) are required to appear before a Doctoral Committee and present their research proposals.
- Selected candidates will be notified and intimated.
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. Question paper would consist of multiple choice questions of 50 marks, short answers of 50 marks and one essay type or problem oriented question of 50 marks. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
- A. Research Aptitude : Research; Meaning, Characteristics and Types, Steps of Research, Methods of Research, Research Ethics, Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data, Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data
- B. Constitutional Law of India – Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Judiciary, Parliament and State Legislature, Amendment of the Constitution, Writ Jurisdiction
- C. Legal Theory – Nature and Sources of Law, Positivism, Natural Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence, Theories of Punishment, Rights and Duties, Concept and Possession and Ownership
The candidates need to secure 50% Marks in order to qualify for the next stage of presentation.
Presentation of the Research Proposal:
The presentation must be about the tentative research proposal of the candidate. It must contain the following elements;
- Literature Review
- Statement of Problem
- Research Hypothesis
- Research Questions
- Research Methodology
- Tentative Chapterisation
Soft copy as well as hard copy of the research proposal has to be submitted. Research proposals would be examined on Turnitin for checking any plagiarism. Turnitin report should not show more than 20% text match, excluding footnotes. Research proposals with more than 20% text match would not be selected. The final selection of the candidates for the Ph.D. degree programme shall only be made on the basis of the Research Proposal and presentation.
Stipend : Selected Candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 15,000/- per month.
For More Detail of NLU Odisha Admission 2017 for Ph.D in Law – Download Official Notification.