North Maharashtra University B.Sc. Admission 2018 – North Maharashtra University (NMU) Department of Actuarial Science School of Mathematical Sciences has released notification for admission to the 3-Year Course B.Sc (Actuarial Science) for academic the year 2018-19. The complete detail of North Maharashtra University B.Sc. Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given on this page.
North Maharashtra University Admission 2018
NMU, Department of Actuarial Science School of Mathematical Sciences is offering admission to the three year course B.Sc (Actuarial Science) for the Academic year 2018-19. B.Sc (Actuarial Science) is a full time course of three years (six semesters) duration after HSC (12th Standard) being run in the Department of Actuarial Science since 2010.
Schedule for the North Maharashtra University B.Sc. Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last Date of submission of Application form for regular quota||20 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of merit list of candidates||23 Jul 2018|
|Date of Spot Admission||26 Jul 2018|
|Last Date of submission of Application form under Industry Sponsored Quota||28 Jul 2018|
|Date of Spot Admission under Industry Sponsored Quota||30 Jul 2018|
|Date of commencement of lectures||01 Aug 2018|
North Maharashtra University has released notification regarding admission to B.Sc. (Actuarial Science) Admission 2018. Interested candidates must submit the application form before the last date, however before submitting the same they must check their eligibility as prescribed by the University. A candidate who has passed H.S.C.(Class XII) from any stream (Science/ Commerce/Arts) with one of the subject as Mathematics and has obtained at least 50%(45% for reserved category) marks in Mathematics is eligible for the admission.
Application Form of North Maharashtra University B.Sc. (Actuarial Science) Admission 2018 can be downloaded from the official website at www.nmu.ac.in. Interested & eligible candidates can also download the application form through the direct link, which is given below.
Application Form: Click here to download the application form for B.Sc.(Actuarial Science) Admission 2018.
Candidate need to submit their application form in person to the office of Head, Department of Actuarial Science, School of Mathematical Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon – 425 001. Candidate may also send their application form by post on the following address.
Prof. R. L. Shinde (Admission Authority)
Department of Actuarial Science and
Director, School of Mathematical Sciences,
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
E-mail: [email protected]
Demand Draft of Rs. 300 towards admission process processing fee drawn in favor of “The Finance and Accounts Officer, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon” should be submitted along with the application form before the last date as given in the schedule above.
- Candidate should attach only attested true copies of HSC(Class XII) examination Marks Sheet, Transfer Certificate (T.C.) from the previous School/College, Caste Certificate with validity certificate for candidate belonging to backward class from Maharashtra and Certificate of not belonging to Creamy Layer (only for candidate who belongs to NT2, NT3 and OBC categories) issued after 31.03.2018 and/or valid at least up to 31/03/2019.
- Candidates should not attach the original certificates along with this application form. They should produce the original certificates personally at the time of spot admission.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidate has to pay complete fees at the time of spot admission.
- Along with this application form along with Demand Draft of 300 towards admission process processing fee drawn in favor of “The Finance and Accounts Officer, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon” should be submitted.
- Submit this application form along with DD in person to the office of Head, Department of Actuarial Science, School of Mathematical Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon – 425001.
Intake for the Course (40 seats) :70% seats are reserved for the candidates passed from Maharashtra State Boards Maharashtra State Boards and 30% seats are reserved for candidates passed from other State Boards from other state other state other states of India. (50% seats are reserved for SC/ST/NT/OBC candidates from Maharashtra state as per the reservation rules).
5 seats for the candidates sponsored by Industries/ Organizations may apply under this Quota after regular quota admissions. If more than 5 applications received then candidates will be admitted as per their merit. Industry sponsored candidates should obtain sponsorship from Industry/Organization for complete three years and pay applicable fees for all three years. They will have to submit undertaking letter of sponsorship received from Industry. Collecting fees amount from Industry/organization and paying fees to the University as applicable to Industry Sponsored Quota will be responsibility of candidate.
Course Fees (in Rupees)
Note: The candidate has to pay complete fees at the time of spot admission.
- Course Name : B.Sc (Actuarial Science)
- Duration : 3-Year
- Medium of Instructions for the course: English
Course Structure of B.Sc. (Actuarial Science) – (Six Semesters)
|Calculus-I||Calculus- II||Calculus- III||Introduction to Mathematical Statistics||Survival Models||Stochastic Modeling|
|Linear Algebra||Probability Distributions- I||Probability Distributions- II||Sampling Theory of Surveys||Mathematical Statistics||Applied Statistics|
|Descriptive Statistics- I||Descriptive Statistics-II||Financial Mathematics-I||Financial Mathematics- II||Finance and Financial Reporting||Credibility Theory and Loss Distribution|
|Principles of Microeconomics||Principles of Macroeconomics||Probability Theory||Life Contingencies-I||Life Contingencies-II||Life Contingencies- III|
|Effective Communication in English||Principles and Practices in Insurance||Financial Accounting||Programming in C++ and Numerical Methods||Mathematics of Demography||Financial Economics|
Demand in Actuarial profession:
- Insurance and Banking Industry in India and globally likely to generate many jobs for Actuarial Professionals the next few years.
- Today most of the actuarial jobs particularly in product pricing, asset valuations, compensation plan designing and various other non-insurance areas needing actuaries are carried out by MBAs or other professionals who are not ideally competent enough to perform them.
- The most important reason for a slow growth rate of Actuarial Graduates is poor awareness and lack of educational facilities to provide good quality training in India.
Employment Opportunities for actuarial graduates:
- Pension plans
- Banking and finance
- Management consulting
- Government agencies: Social Security Administration, Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, and Department of Housing and Urban Development in developed nations.
- Brokerage houses and software development companies.
- For additional information please refer to the website of Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI), www.actuariesindia.org
Cancellation of Admission
No candidate will be allowed to cancel his/her admission without paying complete fees. Amount deducted from the total fees paid at the time of cancellation of admission is as follows:
Admission cancelled within 7 days from the date of admission: Rs. 500 + 10% of Tuition fee.
Admission cancelled within 8-15 days from the date of admission: Rs. 500+ 25% of Tuition fee.
Admission cancelled after 15 days from the date of admission: 100% (i.e. No refund will be paid) .
For More Detail of NMU B.Sc Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure