|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
NPTI MBA Admission 2016 – National Power Training Institute has issued the notification for admission in MBA Programme through a Entrance Test for the academic year 2016-18. Candidates can check the complete detail of Application form, eligibility criteria and other process on this page below.
Latest Update – Merit list for Counselling has been published. Check below.
This is a two-year program spread over four Semesters. In the first year, the students take courses in major functional / general management areas like Human Resources, Operations, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Information Technology and core Power Sector areas. In the second year, the students take compulsory specialized courses in the area of Power Management. In addition they have to opt from a list of electives covering various specific courses from the areas of Power and Management.
Management courses offered at NPTI
- MBA in Power Management
|Distribution of seats|
|Non-sponsored seats||Sponsored seats|
Schedule for the NPTI MBA Admission 2016 is given below.
|Issue of Prospectus||21 Nov 2015|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms||18 Mar 2016|
|Posting of short-listed candidates for GD&PI||22 Mar 2016|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||05 & 06 Apr 2016|
|Posting of short-listed candidates for Counseling||18 Apr 2016|
|First Counseling||02 May 2016|
|Second Counseling||05 Aug, 2016|
|Third Counseling||31 Aug 2016 (Depending on vacancy position)|
|Program Begins||01 Aug 2016|
National Power Training Institute has published the Provisional merit list for Counselling on 02 May 2016 at NPTI Faridabad for admission to MBA (Power Management) Course. Merit list can be checked through the link provided below.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview
National Power Training Institute has announced the list of candidates who have been shortlisted for GD/PI. The shortlisted candidates should positively report at 10:00 AM on 05 & 06 Apr 2016 as per schedule (indicated against their names in the shortlisted candidate list) at the Centre for Advanced Management and Power Studies (CAMPS), NPTI Complex, Sector-33, Faridabad-121003 (Haryana).
Documents required at the time of GD/PI:-
- Proof of Date of Birth
- B.E./B.Tech Degree Certificate. The degree has to be duly recognized by AICTE/Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
- Mark Sheets of the Qualifying Examination (with a positive proof to clear the eligibility criteria of minimum qualifying percentage of 60% in aggregate of all semesters / minimum pass marks in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Caste Certificate, if applicable.
- OBC/OBC Minority Certificate, as applicable.
- Certificate of present employer and Sponsoring Certificate in case of SPONSORED CANDIDATES along with other relevant documents in support of the same.
- Valid Score Card of CAT/MAT/GMAT for Non Sponsor candidate.
- One set attested copy of all the certificates and one copy of recent passport size photograph.
Application forms can be downloaded from the website (www.npti.in) and should be sent along with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST & Rs. 250/- for Haryana SC/ST candidates) in favour of National Power Training Institute payable at Faridabad and sent to the Principal (Management Studies), National Power Training Institute, NPTI Complex, Sector-33, Faridabad 121003, Haryana. The last date for submission of the filled-in applications was 18 Mar 2016.
- Application process is over…!!!
Incomplete applications and applications received after the last date shall be rejected without any notice. NPTI shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
The application fee amount can be made through two different modes.
i. e-payment – Please go to www.NPTI.in and click on e-Payment tab to pay the application fee (Rs.1000/- for Gen/OBC or Rs.500/- for SC/ST or Rs.250/- for Haryana SC/ST) as applicable and enter the SBCollect Reference Number or Bank Reference in appropriate box of the online form.
ii. Demand draft – In case you are not able to pay on line then get a demand draft made for (Rs.1000/- for Gen/OBC or Rs.500/-for SC/ST or Rs.250/- for Haryana SC/ST) as applicable and write the demand draft details in appropriate box of the online form.
Note:-Take a print out of payment details i.e. : e-Receipt or photo copy of Damand draft at the time of counseling.
Eligibility criteria for admission to
- All candidates (excluding sponsored category) are required to appear for CAT-2015 or MAT or CMAT Examination.
- The candidates (including sponsored category) who have obtained B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc. (Engineering) in any branch of Engineering or any other exam recognized as equivalent thereof by the M.D. University securing a minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate of all semesters or equivalent in terms of CGPA grade are eligible to apply for admission to the course. For SC/ST candidates minimum pass marks are required (or equivalent in CGPA grade).
- Candidates who have appeared in the current CAT or MAT or CMAT are only eligible to apply
- Candidates appearing in the final year/semester Examination can also apply.
- Candidates called for GD & PI should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and merely being called for GD & PI does not entitle them for admission.
- Graduate Engineers sponsored by various Central Public Sector Undertakings, Private Power Companies, State Electricity Boards/Power Utilities and allied energy sectors and Engineering Colleges who meet the above eligibility conditions are eligible for admission to this Course. The candidates should bring with them the proof of their sponsorship. CAT/MAT/CMAT Score is not a requirement for these Sponsored Category students.
Merit will be the only criteria for admission to MBA (Power Management) program. The Merit list, duly approved by the Vice-Chancellor, prepared as per the above-mentioned criteria, by the Counselling Board constituted on the recommendations of the Dean, Faculty of Management Sciences, M.D.University, Rohtak will be displayed on the Notice Board of NPTI and can also be seen on the website www.npti.in.
All the candidates are required to attend Group Discussion/Personal Interview or Counseling as per schedule available on the NPTI website (www.npti.in) and no separate communication will be sent for this purpose. The Counseling will start at 10.00 AM, as per schedule, at NPTI, Faridabad. The candidate shall mark their attendance before the admission committee on their turn in order of merit. A candidate who does not report on the due date/time of the Counseling may be considered for admission as per the availability of seats at the time of his/her reporting.
Note: If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the merit, their relative merit will be determined by the marks obtained by them in the qualifying or equivalent examination. In case the marks in the qualifying or equivalent examination are also identical, the candidate senior in age will be preferred.
The Candidates shall be called for first Counseling as per merit order, which shall be held at NPTI Corporate Office at Faridabad on 2nd May, 2016. The successful candidates will have to deposit the admission fees and hostel fee as per rules of the University/Institute on the date of the counseling. All the original documents will have to be submitted for verification to the Counseling Board. In case of any vacant seats, the 2nd & 3rd counseling will be held on 5th August, 2016 & 31st August, 2016 respectively.
- Candidates called for Counselling are advised to bring Demand Drafts of the requisite amount in favour of “National Power Training Institute” payable at Faridabad.
- In case a selected candidate is asked to withdraw from the program for any reasons, his/her tuition fee will not be refunded except for the refundable deposit. All disputes will be settled in Faridabad court.
- In case a selected candidate withdraws admission before subsequent Counseling/start of the course, his/her Course fee can be refunded after deducting an amount of Rs.2500/-. No refund will be allowed after the start of the course.
- Reservation of seats shall be as per the norms of Central Government. Seats falling vacant in a particular category shall be allocated to the other categories subject to the eligibility conditions and reservation norms as prevalent from time to time, as per the approval of the VC.
- In case the seats from Sponsored Category remain vacant the same will be thrown open to Non-sponsored category.
- Candidates reporting for Counselling and whose results have not been declared will be provisionally admitted to the program. However, they have to positively submit their Original Detailed Mark sheets of all Semesters by 16th August, 2016; otherwise their admission will be cancelled
- All the candidates are advised to bring with them two sets of attested Photocopies of all required Certificates / Testimonials along with the Original Certificates at the time of Counselling failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- All the candidates are also advised to bring the Original Migration Certificate at the time of joining the program
- Students who do not attend the first counseling are also eligible to attend subsequent Counseling schedules, in the event such Counseling’s are held due to arising vacancies. However, seats shall be offered in merit order.
Placement / Internship
The response of power and allied industries towards the ongoing program is overwhelming. Some of the leading Power Sector Companies like Administrative Staff College of India, Assam Power Generation, BSES, Carbon Fixers, CERC, DERC, Electrotherm Ltd, Desein Indure Pvt. Ltd, Essar, Enzen, Feedback Infrastructure, Feedback Consulting, GE, GMR, HPPL, ICRA, IL&FS, ISGF, IREDA, Indie Power, Sechi, ICF International, Jindal, L&T, Lahmeyer, MERC, Moser Baer, Meghraj, Mytrah, Noida Power, PFC, Power Grid, Tata Power, Tata Power Trading, Vedanta, WISE, NLDC, PPS Energy, PGCIL, Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation, SNP Infra Research Solutions, Tetra Tech, UJVNL, Welspun etc.
For complete information NPTI MBA Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries please ask in the comments below.